Training Dummy Return

Gildarts

Question

Haven't posted in a while so I thought about starting back with a suggestion.

Back then we had combat dummies in game which allowed you to train jutsus/summons with the dummy never dying or no way to prevent an exploit. Back then the exploit was to just let your summon attack the dummy with the dummy never dying and the summon never losing aggro. This caused people to get max level summons within a couple of hours and thus they were removed

I'm suggesting to re-add training dummies in distinctive locations in each village whether that be the Inside the Academies or Outside, Sand's area to the south, Leaf's training ground, Mist above kage house on 1 of the water pads.

This will allow people to be able to train jutsus and summons once again EXCEPT that now combat dummies actually have a health gauge and it's not very high so when the dummy is destroyed you auto lose target similar to how the dummy works on the Ship to and from Mist. 

This can prevent ezing to some extent and give lowbies the opportunity to train jutsus instead of looking and hoping someone allows them to. Also adds a layer of RP and for some nice photos of mock training.

• Like 2

7 answers to this question

Not all the time there are other players to train on, not all the time people want to go and train on mobs. 

There should be other ways to train jutsus. Also, as they said you can test combos and see your skill damage plus RP purposes.

This method was in game and was removed because of the ability to abuse because they couldn't die but it can't be abused anymore since they have health now and disappear.

So why not re-add it?

I do think adding training dummies to some areas would be a good idea, 
but not sure I agree with being able to train jutsu with them. I'm of the belief those should be ranked up the current, proper, way-- through use on mobs/players. 

But having them around so we could train combos, practice on, and log damage shown would be a nice addition to some starting areas/Villages in my opinion. 
(Basically indestructible/very healthy training dummies that jutsu could not level up on)

4 hours ago, Slifer said:

This is a dumb idea. You already have the one on mist boat and you have raid points all over villages. 

Imagine taking a travel at boat for just test your combos, this is dumb in my opinion. 
(probably this dummy on boat is add cuz people complain about boring boat travel, so Rory put there dummy as time-taker) 

I personally feel like Academy would be great place for have straw dummy there, player's can test combos and count amount of damage, 
also there will be chance when new player's start they adventure can meet at start player's who practice combo, that would make better 1st impression.

Of course those straw dummy shouldn't give progress for leveling jutsus.

4 hours ago, Slifer said:

Regardless, training on larva is fine. You can do it. You can play the game. 

Imagine have RP session and Chunin want teach  Genin's how to combo, straw dummy seems like perfect thing for that.

Wish you all better tommorow, regards. Siekyo.