'New Content' button

Sam

Question

About the Forums

I find it a bit hard to find all the new posts made on the site after my last visit... Latest Posts section is limited to the last 7 posts and it doesn't show posts from all the sections of the forums (that's shown lower, but I still miss it)

I understand that there is the 'New Content' button for this, but currently I find it a bit confusing

So my suggestion is about the 'New Content' button.

1. Could you make it so that Topics where there aren't any new Content for me to disappear and not just stay there.., not-in-bold

2. Could you make a 'Clear all New Content' option? For me that section is currently showing a hell of a lot of topics from since the beginning of this Forum I think... that is the main reason I'm not using it right now, but if this were implemented I would use it all the time

I know this would be possible as I've seen this on another forum I have been to

Thanks for reading ^_^

4 answers to this question

Well the forum itself is not very big and after I check the latest posts and topics, I delve deeper by clicking the actual boards and seeing whats new and whats not in them. 

But as this game and forum gets more and more popular I can see where something like that would help greatly.

If you're only showing seven items, then you must only have seven new items. It will list all new content and even break it up into multiple pages if there's too much of it. Additionally, on the left panel you can sort new material by author, post date, and threads you have started, followed or posted in.

Does yours look different than this?

Posted Image

As to your second question, you can clear all topics and posts in a forum as read by clicking the gray quote bubble:

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can also do this for the entire board simultaneously by clicking Mark Community Read at the very bottom of the page.

Posted Image