Cash Shop FAQ

Seth

9 minutes ago, Flint said:

I don't think a few + stat points are going to have that much of an effect on the Chuunin outcome. I guess if someone won and had that 10 HP remaining from the +1 Fortitude on something they bought... who knows.

You'd be surprised. That +1 Str, +2 Int or what ever you got. - Can be that point doing the difference in the last hit of a fight. Statpoint is Statpoint no matter how you look at it.

21 hours ago, Riley Haruno said:

Sure the stat boosts aren't that high but you're still getting more points in stats than the others would. 

People will call a game P2W if it makes money and saves player's time - games that are not P2W while being F2P do not survive or grow. Realm of the Mad God, the community didn't want to give the developer money, so the developer sold it off and moved onto Cash Shop mobile games since he couldn't make a living off his game which was good. We already said we are going to make them give no stats in the future. This is why we nerfed them the other day.

League of Legends is P2W, because it sells champions and EXP boosts. Any F2P can be classified as P2W. Hearthstone is P2W, it sells cards which increase your chances of winning.

We are just trying to make it as balanced as possible for free players. We're still in alpha please hang tight, we have a vision that is more balanced than 99% of F2P games and that's better than what you get typically. Having an economy around paid items makes it really P2W where grinding items becoming more of who has the most money. We are trying to not put capitalism into our Cash Shop economy even if we make more money for doing it. I personally am against this move, but @Rory is the leader and is his call. I generally am for a Cash Shop economy and have seen it work in Guild Wars 2 where players weren't too angry about it. We have to really get away from listening to the people who aren't willing to pay in the games industry, these people are causing the paying customer's to pay more. Although, at the same time if you look at game developers they have got really bad at DLC and splitting content from the actual core game. If DLC is so important to the game where it affects the user score of it, then it shouldn't be DLC. It is really that simple.

F2P games are a pro and con, this is why some gamers prefer P2P, because it makes everyone pay their fair share instead of the free players demanding everything for free. I hate the F2P model personally, but I have grown to accept it as a game developer and since P2P MMORPGs are a dying breed. It takes a very magical game to really get people to pay monthly for it, or a much lower subscription cost other than $15.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2016 at 4:16 PM, Riley Haruno said:

I like to think of that more as capitalism. 

Technically the game is already p2w in the sense that others can buy stat boosting items and non-paying players can't purchase/find any in-game. Unless it's a sword. 

Sure the stat boosts aren't that high but you're still getting more points in stats than the others would. 

The stats were only added to match in-game items with similar stat bonuses. For example, War armor is supposed to be a Flak Jacket replacement, which is why it has Flak Jacket's stats. We will remove the stat bonuses :)

15 hours ago, Rory said:

The stats were only added to match in-game items with similar stat bonuses. For example, War armor is supposed to be a Flak Jacket replacement, which is why it has Flak Jacket's stats. We will remove the stat bonuses :)

Okay that makes sense, I was just mentioning that because nothing at the moment gave stat bonuses.  With the removal of the stat bonuses, does that mean they'll be tradeable? 

14 hours ago, Riley Haruno said:

Okay that makes sense, I was just mentioning that because nothing at the moment gave stat bonuses.  With the removal of the stat bonuses, does that mean they'll be tradeable? 

Nope.

• Seth pinned this topic
  • Seth unpinned this topic