Open Alpha Reopened

Seth

9 hours ago, Hachaam Kazuki said:

Yeah, I agree.

The ones who pass the Chuunin exam can have their level carried over and stuff like that.

I didn't say level should be carried over ..... I said wiping should have continuity . You can't wipe one thing and not wipe another.  That isn't fair on everyone else unless you plan on giving everyone Chunin just like that as they played in this time before launch. Also breaks immersion like I said.

1 hour ago, James said:

I didn't say level should be carried over ..... I said wiping should have continuity . You can't wipe one thing and not wipe another.  That isn't fair on everyone else unless you plan on giving everyone Chunin just like that as they played in this time before launch. Also breaks immersion like I said.

Oh yeah you're right, someone brought up player level and I mistaked that for you.

9 hours ago, Diabetic Ninja said:

If they didn't keep the chunin rank if they passed then they wouldn't have anybody who would want to take the test yet. People would just wait but if you could be one of the first to pass the test you should be given the title you should be allowed to keep it, as simple as that.

Even if u would punish taking the test with a 7days ban...EVERYONE would be eager to take it. Its about to get a feeling for it...learning how it is done.

I think taking the ranks away after wipe would be okay. Not taking ranks away is a nice perk, tho.

2 hours ago, Natsuko said:

I doubt enough people are going to pass to warrant any kind of discussion about it.

They won't pass it in their first try, but most will fail in their second one, problably like 3 people will pass it, if not 2 or even 1. 3rd is gonna go higher etc. etc. 

Everyone will pass at one point. It's not like they won't pass it forever.

23 hours ago, Diabetic Ninja said:

If they didn't keep the chunin rank if they passed then they wouldn't have anybody who would want to take the test yet. People would just wait but if you could be one of the first to pass the test you should be given the title you should be allowed to keep it, as simple as that.

That is like saying people don't want to play the game now because it will get wiped but plenty do play it now to cap.

On 31/03/2016 at 8:15 PM, Siluk said:

They won't pass it in their first try, but most will fail in their second one, problably like 3 people will pass it, if not 2 or even 1. 3rd is gonna go higher etc. etc. 

Everyone will pass at one point. It's not like they won't pass it forever.

Again it wouldn't matter then, if nobody passes the first one then the amount of people complaining about losing a rank would be zero

6 minutes ago, Natsuko said:

Again it wouldn't matter then, if nobody passes the first one then the amount of people complaining about losing a rank would be zero

What about the second one? Yeaaaaaaah, it'll matter then, or at some point.

1 hour ago, LuckNoSkill said:

What do you gain from having Chuunin rank?

I am assuming specific missions. But if it's for an RP reason then that makes no sence in my view as that is kind of a reason to wipe in it's own.   Honestly I don't see rping even happening during tests that much until launch.  So what if someone who like RP doesn't get Chunin and someone who does like RP does get it who is playing at present. Then the wipe happens one  will start as a level 1 Genin the other a level 1 Chunin. That will break the rping aspect straight off and break immersion. Think about it.  Nin Online isn't some futuristic game which has time travel.

"Eh how are you a chunin already at level 1? " (or whatever level)

"Oh I received it in the past!"

" So you can time travel"

"Nope"

"WHAT!? I'M DONE HERE"

If roleplaying was a thing that could be something that could happen between two testers or a tester and a new player at the time of the next test.

Even if it's only a rank and gives no advantages if one thing is wiped everything should be. You wipe levels you wipe ranks. Levels aren't more important than rank. People put time in to leveling like they did with earning chunin so why should levels not be transferred over with ranks if you are going to transfer said rank you need to do the same with levels.

Tests are tests people shouldn't expect to keep anything. Heck you are probably going to wipe again and again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James said:

I am assuming specific missions. But if it's for an RP reason then that makes no sence in my view as that is kind of a reason to wipe in it's own.   Honestly I don't see rping even happening during tests that much until launch.  So what if someone who like RP doesn't get Chunin and someone who does like RP does get it who is playing at present. Then the wipe happens one  will start as a level 1 Genin the other a level 1 Chunin. That will break the rping aspect straight off and break immersion. Think about it.  Nin Online isn't some futuristic game which has time travel.

"Eh how are you a chunin already at level 1? " (or whatever level)

"Oh I received it in the past!"

" So you can time travel"

"Nope"

"WHAT!? I'M DONE HERE"

If roleplaying was a thing that could be something that could happen between two testers or a tester and a new player at the time of the next test.

Even if it's only a rank and gives no advantages if one thing is wiped everything should be. You wipe levels you wipe ranks. Levels aren't more important than rank. People put time in to leveling like they did with earning chunin so why should levels not be transferred over with ranks if you are going to transfer said rank you need to do the same with levels.

Tests are tests people shouldn't expect to keep anything. Heck you are probably going to wipe again and again.

First of all you are assuming many things in your statement. As far as we know ranks get no benefits.

Second of all your scenario would never happen. As i understand it level and rank are two separate things. When you are rping with someone you don't get to "see" there level, rping is about interacting like you are your character, in their head, seeing what they see. How are you gonna go up to someone and be like "Oh hey you are level 1?" In a RP? It doesn't make sense.

As for wiping again and again i have highlighted what akiro said earlier in the thread

To me your post just sounds like whining over the game being wiped.

13 hours ago, Akiro said:

She's right There is only going to be ONE wipe and that's during the sand village which we'll only be able to do one chunin exam before

• Like 1

Wipes happen, get over it. We are not wiping anymore after this time, just stop talking about it. We call it Alpha, people think you keep your character when half the game isn't complete. It is getting old.

• Like 1

Roleplay in this game is only going to be enforced during the RolePlayEvents (RPE) Now for those of you who do wish to Roleplay as a general goal and not only during certain times or forced events well i'm sure you guys can come up with something on how if any of you guys make it have the chunin rank afterall in this game

Rank DOES NOT equal the amount of power a ninja has

• Like 2