Land of Iron questline is unfinishable

Strength

Question

After the changes that made the LoI bosses aggro, there is simply no way to finish the questline. The final boss in the tower is in an insanely small room and it melees for 1452 damage at very high speed. That's enough to one shot pretty much everyone and when you die the boss will just proceed to one shot everyone who tries to do anything about it. 

This questline is an insanely long grind so it is very discouraging that when you come to the end where the bosses are you are simply not able to kill them. This is mostly content for WM since the bosses drop a lot of swords but I don't see how a WM is supposed to try and kill these bosses even if they had a full team.

The mobs before these bosses have very small aggro range so they are all doable alone even as a WM which is what I liked about the questline but once you come to the bosses you are helpless to do anything and can't finish the questline. There has been so much talk about WM being a mastery that is supposed to go around and hunt for weapons, but I don't see how you are supposed to hunt for a weapon when the boss that drops it is literally not possible for you to kill as a WM. 

Even for other masteries these bosses are rediculous to actually try and do even with a team, especially since hardly anyone other than WM has any reason to try and go kill the bosses so the number of people that have those bosses unlocked is very small making it hard to actually find people to do the bosses with you.

I understand the fact it's in a small room since that makes it harder to move around and do the actual boss, but the bosses hitting for 929 and 1452 damage is simply rediculous. I hope these bosses will get rebalanced in a way that you can actually go and hunt for the weapons and finish the questline that you had to grind so much for beforehand. Cause right now, doing all the grinding for the questline that takes an insanely long amount of time and commitment only to come inside the boss room and die in one hit feels like a big slap to the face.

@Ueda@Erox

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

5 answers to this question

I've killed it with a party of 5 after the changes, you shouldn't be able to solo bosses anyway. Stop complaining every time you hit a wall, use your brain and theory craft instead. Stop trying to make the game easier. Jesus always complaining. 

LOI doesn't need any changes, I've done it over 10 times. No problems here. 

5 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

I've killed it with a party of 5 after the changes, you shouldn't be able to solo bosses anyway. Stop complaining every time you hit a wall, use your brain and theory craft instead. Stop trying to make the game easier. Jesus always complaining. 

LOI doesn't need any changes, I've done it over 10 times. No problems here. 

I heard a member of your own Org say that you all tried to do it and got clapped. And even if what you say is true, not everyone is able to gather a team of 5 people, I currently don't know of a single active person in the Mist village that has the bosses unlocked.

What makes most of the nowdays MMORPGs suck is the fact that they make them finishable 100% solo. a real MMO forces you to team up in order to achieve things. MMORPGs that let you solo the entire game are in reality just single player games where you can chat with other people. You are going to have fun for a longer time the moment you face unbeatable mobs that you got to team up with 15 other people in order to beat them. The most important flavour that MMORPGs must give to the player is the one of having to interact with other people in order to beat it and this is something that, I have to admit, Nin managed to succeed with in a way or another.