Bounty system

Angelik Date

Question

Hey community! Here I'd like to suggest a bit of an overhaul for the bounty system. One of the current cons of the system is - cheating kills, just on your alt, kill some
of your other accounts and then kill that alt to claim the bounty. It's simple and doesn't take long at all. Second - people always try protecting their bounties by suiciding or going out on battle Injuries.

That's why I've thought of a possible balance for the bounty system. 
In this change, you wouldn't have to be worried about losing your bounty and it wouldn't be "necessary" to suicide and it would stop the farming of bounty.
I believe that the bounties should be based around kills, in my suggestion; 
                                   The bounty on your head depends on how many ninjas of a certain level range you have killed
                                    lvl 10-19 = 1 bounty : lvl 20-29 = 2 bounty ... lvl 50-59 = 5 bounty : lvl 60 = 6 bounty etc.
                                    It would seperate people who only kill lowbies and their own alts and people who actually hunt high levels. The difference between a person                                            with 100 kills and 100 bounty and someone with 100 kills and 500 bounty would be apparent. 

With these changes, also you won't lose any bounty when you're killed, but instead if you die 2 times without killing anyone in between, on the third death you'll lose 1% of your bounty, and that % will go up the more times you die without killing, with maximum of 20%.

This will prevent people from farming bounty rewards. Instead it will just show off that the more dangerous and and deadly you are, the more wanted you are, and not how good you are at killing your alts. I also want this to stop things such as seeing a level 20 above you on the bingo book with a farmed bounty, and i also want people who are skilled and experience to not be on the last page because they just lost their bounty.

So, tell me guys what you think - if you are happy with current bounty system and all your ideas how could we make nin online bounty system better. :3 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 answers to this question

I've pondered how to prevent people from killing alts but there's never a good solution. People will always cheese systems, what we can do is limit it with things like what Seitenchi mentioned. We have to balance how inconvenient it is for them to do it and limit the reward it gives.

• Like 1

The current system is mostly abused by vets, who are the same people with multiple Lvl. 50-60 accounts. I know people with close to 12, if not more. So I'm not sure that issue is solved, it might even make it even worse. If I get to a 1k bounty cycling through a few alts/org mates, then I have a permanent 1k bounty bot as long as I kill 1 or 2 alts after every BI.

Also, it's very satisfying to head out to meet a group that's dominating the DZ and scalp their bounties.

All in all, I'd rather keep the system as is and have a separate leader board of some kind, cause the idea of having one is pretty cool.

• Like 1

Alt killing isnt as easy as one thinks, since battle injuries by default forces someone to wait 8 minutes between kills if they're doin that. x14 or x 12 for later missions and you'll spend just as much time alt killing as it would take hunting with a team unless you get lucky. 

Part of the game is built around being powerless and killed often especially alone, and its probably strange to you now having less bounty when not on a broken mastery combo like tai med, but there's only certain combos or buffed folks topping the board with legit bounty unless they get lucky with the current system or protect their bounty.

All in all, no bias included, this bounty system suggestion is more of a clout farming system than a useful one that gives rewards. People who want to can farm level 60s for said clout if they want. It doesnt fix the problem of farming, and only makes it less rewarding to get bounty overall. The game is already tough enough unless you're a meta hound, that we need every motivation and reward we can get to keep logging in. 

• Like 1