Languages

Seth

Languages  

751 members have voted

1. 1. What is your native tongue or most fluent language?

• Mandarin Chinese
    • Spanish.
    • English
    • Hindi
    • Arabic
    • Portuguese
    • Bengali
    • Russian
    • Japanese
    • Punjabi
    • German
    • Javanese
    • Wu
    • Malay/Indonesian
    • Telugu
    • Vietnamese
    • Korean
    • French
    • Marathi
    • Tamil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Turkish should be added; I believe there are a fair amount of turkish-speaking folks here. I could be wrong and what is there to lose? A little of your own time, perhaps?

I picked the top 20 spoken languages, unless Turkish makes up more than 10% of our community a translation will not be done anyway. I am also limited to 20 options per poll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In my humble opinion, the creation of so many translations does not make sense. Now that we have the twenty-first century, although every little able to use it. Voting for additional languages ​​should only take place after the release of the game.

I can only say that in my country Poland is many fans of Naruto. It was there I learned about your site and the game. There are many sites in the Polish language dedicated to naruto and other manga / anime. but this is just a small suggestion ..  8)

The second most spoken language in this world is English. Though, it is the official language of more countries than any other language. The most spoken language would be Mandarin, but that's only because it's one of the most populated places on the planet(sources:http://listverse.com/2008/06/26/top-10-most-spoken-languages-in-the-world/  information from 2008). Anyways, gaming wise, you should most definitely have English and Portuguese/Spanish, no matter what.

• Like 2

The second most spoken language in this world is English. Though, it is the official language of more countries than any other language. The most spoken language would be Mandarin, but that's only because it's one of the most populated places on the planet(sources:http://listverse.com/2008/06/26/top-10-most-spoken-languages-in-the-world/  information from 2008). Anyways, gaming wise, you should most definitely have English and Portuguese/Spanish, no matter what.

This has been the trend on BYOND as it relates to Naruto games. I know BYOND is a bit taboo here, but it's a valid source of information if you're looking at the Naruto fanbase. It's huge in Brazil.

• Like 2

Portuguese and Spanish are the only languages that I can say for certain will be translated at the moment. Although, it may not be available for awhile after the game's release, and additional servers will have to be rented for regions that need them which is something we will have to do extensive research on.

Wait until the game gets popular, until you decide to add side translations(like mandarin, french). If there's a lot of requests for the language(ie: 225 people want German available as an alternative language.) Obviously, not that low of a ratio, but you get my point. With those 225 people, you can pick out 10 out of them(which German would be their native language) and have them help translate.