Diagnoal Keys/Marcos

Dkilla23

Question

Can there be an option of having the diagnol keys be home, page up, end, and page down? I feel like I'm less coordinated when it comes to using two arrow keys to run diag. Also, customizing marcos would be great in my opinion. Having ctrl for attack doesn't seem to fit me D: I'm just asking for more options, not to make it default

10 answers to this question

I disagree, I think people should get used to these controls if you want to play Nin. It's not that hard. Also WASD and Arrow Keys are already useable for movement. Our page down, end keys etc. are already used as macros for facing directions.

Well it isn't about just getting used to the key bindings. Keep in mind there might be some buttons on some players might have broken keys or keys that don't function properly. I would also mention the fact that there are different keyboard layouts but I'm pretty sure they have the same generic keys on every keyboard.

Though I would feel more comfortable with my own key bindings to feel comfortable, it would only make game play a little better to be honest. In any case, it definitely won't effect the game in a negative way.

I disagree, I think people should get used to these controls if you want to play Nin. It's not that hard. Also WASD and Arrow Keys are already useable for movement. Our page down, end keys etc. are already used as macros for facing directions.

Sorry didn't know about the wsad thing. I was in vacation when you had the server up DX

I think being able to custom your own keys or macros would be a good add on to the game not a bad idea :) me how the keys are now doesn't really bother me but its just a nice add on to have if anyone ever does want to change there buttons around

I'm not talking about byond macroing and all that like i said i'm fine with how it is.. but i'm simply putting it out there that a nice add on to have would be when you go into options there would be a keyboard or something settings like most Mmorpgs and all that sort of thing would have but if Rory does not wish to have that sort of thing in his game then that is also fine :)

I feel as if you guys are used too the BYOND way of thinking, sure macros are nice but having hard-coded commands is always better because it makes explaining the game to others so much easier. :/

I don't know how this is exactly BYOND exclusive. Most if not all games have key bindings that allows you to switch up your controls to give you more control over your characters or feel more comfortable playing the game. Macros & Keybindings are practically the same thing, so it isn't a BYOND thing. Also, how exactly is it easier to explain things with the same controls? All you have to do is explain to them the default Keybindings, which will probably also be in some sort of tutorial when you start out.