[Takez� Kensei] Several Suggestions & Bugs

Takezo Kensei

Question

These are going to be suggestions, not just of my own but something that other people thought of. Reason for this is to show my support towards those suggestions because some are things that really should get added soon.

I'll put a checkmark [?] next to anything that has been finished if it ever gets finished.

Suggestions

-Running needs to be a bit quicker then what it currently is.

-Toggle-able running but also being able to hold Shift.

-Toggle-able music/sounds.

-Barber Shop, pay to change your hair style or color.

-The purple hair color needs to be more purple then black.

-Highlight doorways that you can enter.

-Chat should be retractable or expandable so you can see more or less of the chat. Or hide it completely.

-The Chat options like '/g' should be a click option with an arrow selecting which chat you want to use.

-Show all the different chats you can use; Global, Whisper, Local, Emote, etc.

-Colored chat to tell the difference between Chat & Global.

-Gold Members should have gold name instead of white  ;)

-Window should be adjustable.

-You should be able to see how the starter clothes looks on you in the main screen.

-Link Forum Account with Login Account in-game. Character creation screen should be seperated name from Login information (if chosen to do so by the player)

-Experience should be distributed properly in any form.

-Wider area of locations to train.

-Server Status Indicator. Before logging in, it should show when the server is offline or online & how many players are on.

Example

Posted Image

-Quests currently available for you to do & the location of that quest.

-Disable the "Player A has logged off." & just add a "Players Currently Online" list. Too much spam in the chat with players logging off/on.

Bugs & Reports

-A Bunch of density locations need to be fixed from having players running around to other areas they shouldn't be.

-Scrolling through the chat system is a little buggy.

-To target players you have to click on their lower half of their body but you can't click on their heads to target them.

-Game constantly randomly crashing for no apparent reason.

-Receiving an error, causing the game to crash. Posted Image

-World Map button isn't working.

-Getting teleported back to a previous location (probably giant lag spikes)

-Stats don't effect your character yet.

I'll keep one updated. Others should probably keep other suggestions and bugs on this thread.

Edited by Takez? Kensai
  • Like 2

19 answers to this question

I would think all open doors will have something eventually, give it time I guess. Running on shift is always bad for me, then again I should just figure out how to stop sticky keys popup if that's possible. These are good suggestions though. ( a few I already made on a very simplified topic of mine)

I'm not sure if its just the lag or if its a bug, but I get randomly teleported back to a location after a few minutes. Like for instances I was exploring the village then I decided I would do the "first quest". After killing 1 or 2 mobs I would get teleported back to where I was exploring. Seems like a lag issue, but to be safe I figured I minds well post on it.

Add this too the list its needed, purchase and sell quantity like.. if i want to buy shurikens i normally had to click it like 2000 times today no joke so instead when you buy something you can enter an number 1 shuriken or 2000 depends on how much you want just like right click then there should be like an option to buy more then 1 at a time of anything what ever your trying to buy or same for selling items Also a Begginers Guide for the basics.. and what stats boost what so new players can learn to play without asking (edit: if there already isnt one)

I'm not sure if its just the lag or if its a bug, but I get randomly teleported back to a location after a few minutes. Like for instances I was exploring the village then I decided I would do the "first quest". After killing 1 or 2 mobs I would get teleported back to where I was exploring. Seems like a lag issue, but to be safe I figured I minds well post on it.

same problem... happened multiple times

Add this too the list its needed, purchase and sell quantity like.. if i want to buy shurikens i normally had to click it like 2000 times today no joke so instead when you buy something you can enter an number 1 shuriken or 2000 depends on how much you want just like right click then there should be like an option to buy more then 1 at a time of anything what ever your trying to buy or same for selling items Also a Begginers Guide for the basics.. and what stats boost what so new players can learn to play without asking (edit: if there already isnt one)

+1 this should really be implemented (guess it's one of those things that got forgotten in the beginning)

I believe Rory said running speed will be the same for everyone no matter what. 

yes something like that, and you could catch-up to others only by using Shunshin no Jutsu

Suggestions

-Running needs to be a bit quicker then what it currently is.

Sorry, for reasons like combat and server/latency/fun, this is as fast as I want it.

-Toggle-able running but also being able to hold Shift.

Possible :)

-Toggle-able music/sounds.

Definitely! We're adding an options menu soon.

-Barber Shop, pay to change your hair style or color.

I'm planning on selling this as a Donation Shop privilege.

-The purple hair color needs to be more purple then black.

Alright, I'll look into this!

-Highlight doorways that you can enter.

I want to, eventually you'll be able to enter all hallways though.

It's just that the maps aren't done yet.

-Chat should be retractable or expandable so you can see more or less of the chat. Or hide it completely.

I like this idea, but it's not a priority at this point.

-The Chat options like '/g' should be a click option with an arrow selecting which chat you want to use.

I didn't include this as a choice because /g will not be useable by players in the near future. I hate the idea of players shouting across the world, it makes the world smaller for no good reason. If you need help, you should PM an admin, not shout across the world.

-Show all the different chats you can use; Global, Whisper, Local, Emote, etc.

Alright, but this belongs in a forum guide, or a basic tutorial.

-Colored chat to tell the difference between Chat & Global.

I'll look into this.

-Gold Members should have gold name instead of white 

I don't really want to oversell it, it's not a gold name you should be paying for.

Window should be adjustable.

What window?

-You should be able to see how the starter clothes looks on you in the main screen.

Yes, I'll get @Whack on this after our more important issues are out of the way.

-Link Forum Account with Login Account in-game. Character creation screen should be seperated name from Login information (if chosen to do so by the player)

Already planned :) We will use Display names as in-game (character) names.

-Experience should be distributed properly in any form.

If you mean anti-ks, right now we've added a system to check who dealt more damage and reward that player.

-Wider area of locations to train.

You thought we were seriously planning on putting scorpions and wolves in the middle of the academy?

That was obviously just for testing purposes :/

-Server Status Indicator. Before logging in, it should show when the server is offline or online & how many players are on.

Example

Click on the forum portal. It's there!

-Quests currently available for you to do & the location of that quest.

I don't want this, players should seek out the quest themselves.

Disable the "Player A has logged off." & just add a "Players Currently Online" list. Too much spam in the chat with players logging off/on.

Will consider this, but we need it for bug testing for now.

Bugs & Reports

-A Bunch of density locations need to be fixed from having players running around to other areas they shouldn't be.

What? please clarify what you mean.

-Scrolling through the chat system is a little buggy.

I know, we're on it!

-To target players you have to click on their lower half of their body but you can't click on their heads to target them.

Good observation, I'll see what we can do about it.

-Game constantly randomly crashing for no apparent reason.

-Receiving an error, causing the game to crash. 

As I've said before, this was an early alpha, we're working on making the client and server more stable :)

-World Map button isn't working.

It hasn't been done yet. it's not a bug.

-Getting teleported back to a previous location (probably giant lag spikes)

Yes, these are lag spikes.

Again, early alpha, working on it.

-Stats don't effect your character yet.

Not entirely true.

Thank you for all the suggestions!