1st Chunin Exams Recap

Ueda

No, this was part of the exam and is not inconsistent. More teams could of passed if the RP was good enough. The first test you could have passed strictly if your RP was good enough or if your test was perfect.

25 minutes ago, Dareem said:

Well then it's my bad because i did not know that it was RP when 2 teams disbanded and made 1, but for me and everyone can you explain it so we understand for the future. 

Yes. The explanations were a little off, that is what we messed up on and the Taijutsu damage was too strong.

Lol.
Chill, it's a rank that doesn't affect any stats etc.
Even if you don't think Indra and BrokenInside deserved to be Chunins, don't argue to strip them of their rank as if it's some important OP in-game benefit.
It's not even about ranks "transferring" over to beta, or whether players will understand. It's not like a sword, a jutsu or levels.

They've just went down as the first 2 Chunins in the Nin Online universe and they will retain that rank in our Nin Online history and lore in the future.

How does this affect anyone other than Indra & BrokenInside?
-Nothing at all

How does this affect them?
-They get to wear Flak Jackets and roleplay as Chunins.
-I guess If we ever do a single-player RPG spin off, we'll ensure stuff like this is written into our script or at least allow their characters to cameo.

• Like 3

I think that you all should be happy that people are getting worked up over it because from what your saying there is no reason that people should even want to do the chunin exam and right now the Flak Jacket could the most expensive cosmetic item in the game with its price range being from 0-30000 

4 hours ago, Rory said:

Lol.
Chill, it's a rank that doesn't affect any stats etc.
Even if you don't think Indra and BrokenInside deserved to be Chunins, don't argue to strip them of their rank as if it's some important OP in-game benefit.
It's not even about ranks "transferring" over to beta, or whether players will understand. It's not like a sword, a jutsu or levels... (shortened it.)

Well, I do agree with some parts of what you do say. - I also stop'd bothering about it, because the requirement to be a "better" 2nd generation Chunin is not really that hard.

Also i would not say "oh its not as bad as it seems".

Because, some people hype for weeks for RP-Events because, not everyone joins Nin-Online to bash their head against a wall to see who does the most dmg.

Some actually do enjoy the "Roleplaying" parts you do offer, this is also one of the Main reasons why i do enjoy to Support this project, it has high potential, not just gameplay wise.

The RP potential is pretty high, specially with the growing Areas, Villages etc.

If people gain Chunin okay, but to see them gaining Chunin and being like "pff i so don't care for Roleplaying." It makes me Question if the RP-Events in the future are even going to be any fun.

I mean who says that the next 2-3 Generation will have better Chunins (RP wise.)

Some day we might have a big RP-Event and half of our Chunins are going to refuse doing any actions. - Becaues they're just joining for the Fashion. :'D

Thats fine for the PvP people, yet sad for those who put big hopes into RP.

In the end, I really do look forward for the upcoming exams, don't give up. =w=

Well, since the Ranks are Purely RP, In my Eyes the Future is Safe, and here's why (Just my Opinion)
You see, Chunin is the biggest Event for new Players, so I don't mind if People can't/won't RP that much. Chunin should be somewhat achievable. Here's the thing tho that Konahri mentioned. About People becoming Chunin and going "Pff", because those Guys probably won't become Jounin. Since a High Rank expects more RP and engagement, the "Pff" Guys (Yeah, that my Official Word for non RP Player now) will never achieve those Ranks, leaving it open for People who actually care.
Ir bugs me too, because I love the Role Play, but yeah, Pff Guys won't be High in the Ranks and Definitely  won't become Kage, so i'm Chill :) 

On 4/27/2016 at 4:05 PM, Dareem said:

Well then it's my bad because i did not know that it was RP when 2 teams disbanded and made 1, but for me and everyone can you explain it so we understand for the future. 

I'll explain it.
I got a Chance to become Chunin.
I was alone, Indra and Shigure were missing one Member, so Rory asked us if we want to make a group to keep on going. It was in our Hands at this Point, and of course we take the Chance to become Chunin, who wouldn't. Take every Chance you get, and keep on going as long as it is possible.

I really love this topic. But I feel as if the rank SHOULD have some form of perk but nothing crazy, for example a strong part of the map with exlusive bosses or mobs that have better drops maybe weapons or clothes that cant be bought in shop. The reason I think this is a good idea is because it would encourage more people to RP instead of feeling its okay to just run theough the exam and win. This could change the game in positive ways making people take it more serious.

Edit: it should have a sign that says "genin aren't strong enough to go beyond these points" people will be curious to see beyond that point and actually try to get stronger

4 minutes ago, Zain said:

I really love this topic. But I feel as if the rank SHOULD have some form of perk but nothing crazy, for example a strong part of the map with exlusive bosses or mobs that have better drops maybe weapons or clothes that cant be bought in shop. The reason I think this is a good idea is because it would encourage more people to RP instead of feeling its okay to just run theough the exam and win. This could change the game in positive ways making people take it more serious.

Edit: it should have a sign that says "genin aren't strong enough to go beyond these points" people will be curious to see beyond that point and actually try to get stronger

I don't think "Perks" would be a good thing.

I mean for a roleplayer, a "role" like Chunin or above, is already pretty exciting. - At least if you have enough experience to make use of it.

Giving them access to extra Bosses etc. would just cause troubles/hate. ' o'

I would like tho if there would be Area's where Genins would require a Chunin/Jounin in their Team to access them.

but thats nothing that should happen anytime soon. - pretty sure thats alot of work.

3 hours ago, Konahri said:

I would like tho if there would be Area's where Genins would require a Chunin/Jounin in their Team to access them.

but thats nothing that should happen anytime soon. - pretty sure thats alot of work.

This is what I mean but I don't think it should end there just having access to a place is pretty much a slap in the face if the places offers nothing. Just how after the chunin exam the winners received a jacket ALONG with the title of a chunin. At this point I don't  want to do something just for the title and I'm a person who dose enjoy the role play and if we're being honest majority of this community doesn't roleplay and thats just from what I seen.The main people I see do this is you and indra.

1 minute ago, Zain said:

This is what I mean but I don't think it should end there just having access to a place is pretty much a slap in the face if the places offers nothing. Just how after the chunin exam the winners received a jacket ALONG with the title of a chunin. At this point I don't  want to do something just for the title and I'm a person who dose enjoy the role play and if we're being honest majority of this community doesn't roleplay and thats just from what I seen.The main people I see do this is you and indra.

You should remember the game is early in development, even if its existing for quite a while.

The "Roleplay" contents won't stay as they are right now. - I'm pretty sure there will be more exciting stuff in the future.

Nothing bad about getting Chunin/Jounin etc. at the current Stage. - So you can enjoy the fun once its appearing. :3

+ It is up to you if you just rest there or use your Title to play your role. - I mean theres always newcomers, you can help them out getting into the Game. :' D

3 hours ago, Konahri said:

You should remember the game is early in development, even if its existing for quite a while.

The "Roleplay" contents won't stay as they are right now. - I'm pretty sure there will be more exciting stuff in the future.

Nothing bad about getting Chunin/Jounin etc. at the current Stage. - So you can enjoy the fun once its appearing. :3

+ It is up to you if you just rest there or use your Title to play your role. - I mean theres always newcomers, you can help them out getting into the Game. :' D

I help them without the role :'( All my money has gone to new comers but I get what you mean :P  I still want my role but I did hear there will be different chunin exams for different villages so I think I might wait

2 minutes ago, Zain said:

I help them without the role :'( All my money has gone to new comers but I get what you mean :P  I still want my role but I did hear there will be different chunin exams for different villages so I think I might wait

That would surprise me.

I would prefer to see switching Exams, like.. 1month in Leaf Village, the following month in Sand Village.

Because if i recall it correctly, in the show the "Exams" was a peace time. so Ninjas from all Villages went to the "Hosting-Village".

Would be neat to see it here too.

I think what we have now as a reward for chunin is the best, i will have no problem paying money every exam to try and get a Rank for RP and a Flak Jacket. The sad part is when I do get the rank that i will not be able to do the exam with that character again. If I had to add anything to the rank it would be higher rated missions, in which can be done with genin because 4 genins should not be doing a rank B mission without a chunin.