1st Chunin Exams Recap

Ueda

5 hours ago, Meisai said:

The entire event looked cool. Little sloppy, but it was the first time so I'm sure once a dozen or so of these have been hosted the whole process will go seamlessly. Cool concept to stream this live, however some coding for the camera man would've helped a lot. Just going invis seemed to cause some problems, randomly being hit by projectiles/jutsu and being ran into. I didn't participate in this event - but if I had - I can only imagine the frustration I would feel with my jutsu being absorbed by an invisible camera man.  In a lot of byond games there is a system in place where if you are standing in a certain tile (the outer rim of an arena) you have the option of viewing the fight within the arena free-camera style. That way you can view everything without being an actual physical body in the arena. Not sure if that's present already, but if not that'd be pretty smart. 

Dope event. Smart advertising. Borderline cringy commentary.

Congrats to the winners. Perhaps they should have some lore or something else dedicated to their victory.

Well, Indra's Lore (for the Time of the Chunin Exams at least) is really interesting and exciting in my Eyes.
A short Recap:

Indra and his Friend Shigure passed the Written Exam, but the third Member Silverfang didn't. At the same Time Saku passed but his Team didn't, so the Hokage asked if we want to build a new Team to make up for the Lack of Teams for the Forest of Death. They agreed and joined together. People got upset about it, but that didn't stop the Shinobis from entering the Forest of Death and doing their Best, which resulted in them being the First Team to get 2 Scrolls. In the Preliminaries Indras Motivation got Hurt, because of the Constant Hate from all the Genins that didn't make it into the Exams and accused him of cheating, but his Team backed him up. In the Preliminaries Indra fought his Friend Satsurie and Won, even tho it looked bad for him. He reached the Finals, the Arena was Full and People were excited for the Fights and drowned the Hate of the failed Genins with Cheers. The three Finalists went into a Free for All, which resulted in Broken Insides Win and granting him a Place as a Chunin. The next Fight was Indra against Saku, and after a long and entertaining Fight, Indra won and achieved the Rank of a Chunin.

Maybe this isn't exactly what you looked for, but I tried my best.

For Backstorys, I made a post in the Forums, maybe Indra will share his one there if you want to read more.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Saku said:

Well, Indra's Lore (for the Time of the Chunin Exams at least) is really interesting and exciting in my Eyes.
A short Recap:

Indra and his Friend Satsurie passed the Written Exam, but the third Member Silverfang didn't. At the same Time Saku passed but his Team didn't, so the Hokage asked if we want to build a new Team to make up for the Lack of Teams for the Forest of Death. They agreed and joined together. People got upset about it, but that didn't stop the Shinobis from entering the Forest of Death and doing their Best, which resulted in them being the First Team to get 2 Scrolls. In the Preliminaries Indras Motivation got Hurt, because of the Constant Hate from all the Genins that didn't make it into the Exams and accused him of cheating, but his Team backed him up. In the Preliminaries Indra fought his Friend Satsurie and Won, even tho it looked bad for him. He reached the Finals, the Arena was Full and People were excited for the Fights and drowned the Hate of the failed Genins with Cheers. The three Finalists went into a Free for All, which resulted in Broken Insides Win and granting him a Place as a Chunin. The next Fight was Indra against Saku, and after a long and entertaining Fight, Indra won and achieved the Rank of a Chunin.

Maybe this isn't exactly what you looked for, but I tried my best.

For Backstorys, I made a post in the Forums, maybe Indra will share his one there if you want to read more.

This is all wrong. Indra never passed his test correctly he failed. We are not hating because we didnt pass. We are upset because it was unfair. 

3 minutes ago, kur said:

This is all wrong. Indra never passed his test correctly he failed. We are not hating because we didnt pass. We are upset because it was unfair. 

Indra was in front of the Forest of Doom, so he had too complete the Test. When I reached the Gate, Indra was already there, so he must have passed.
Or do I see this wrong?

6 minutes ago, Saku said:

Indra was in front of the Forest of Doom, so he had too complete the Test. When I reached the Gate, Indra was already there, so he must have passed.
Or do I see this wrong?

You are seeing this wrong because he himself told me he missed the the last question wrong and told me he though this was unfair as well. I have the proof its on my topic  of the CE. Which was suppose to be for opinions  to make the next CE a little better but people got offended and took it the wrong way competently missing my massage.

The whole exam was confusing from start to finish, I say that because days before the exam, some of the GMs seemed sure and almost happy that none would get pass the theory exam but then it shocked them, that some teams did and they wanted to see more in the second stage that's why they give chances, something that no one was expecting. Some of the people that pass the theory exam did not even go to the FoD because the rest of their teammates failed which the rules said they failed the first part of the exam. This is where some people got upset, knowing that their teammates failed the first exam some player still went to the FoD and was awarded a second chance wherein the people that did not go was not given one.

After the FoD there was Preliminaries, which again confused me because there was six (6) ninjas at that stage meaning that they still think that there was too many participants, which begs the question how much Chunin did they want and why did they give second chances if they still tried to get rid of ninjas for the finals? It almost seemed like a conspiracy and cause for a ninja uprising against the Hokage (P.S. just kidding about the uprising)

Edited by Dareem

1 hour ago, James said:

This is why rank shouldn't transfer over it should just be treated as a test as it's the first one.... so no agro amongst each other. When everything is working THEN people should keep rank.

This is what i was thinking, in the other hand. - This is an "Official Game" not some kind of "Private Project of some random Person". It would look horrible to promise a "Permanent Rank" and suddenly say "Just trolled you, its not Permanent!"

Lets just say, it's a Rank, what happened is History, Chunins of the 1st CE are not really that famous as they might should be, due mistakes. - But well! Things will change in the future, all 'we' can do as a Community is, deal with it and keep it "in RP".

I'm probably one of the most annoyed people due to some non-RP facts that did pretty much spread over the whole Exam. But we also have to accept, the Job as an "Event-Host" in an Event of that size, is not easy. Mistakes happen, experience was earned. - Things can just get better. Genins like us can simply take this as a motivation to help doing it better next time, instead of keep trying to Deal with something that won't change anyways.

Hope it was understandable, all i'm saying is, thing's won't change, and yeah.. quite alot of people are pretty sad about how things went, and i'm pretty sure, the Staff themself aren't really that happy either. - But mainly because we are really going nuts on this Topic. The Event itself was awesome, we shouldn't forget that, so we don't ruin it for the future. :3

It was awesome and I also don't want them to take the Chunin rank off the player that got it because it will be them that will miss out on the fun in the next one not us.
One thing i hope changes is being able to see player names in the FoD because it's a bit pointless to have fog if people can just see your name which gives no room for strategy or form of cover from the players you don't want to battle at that stage

Please post suggestions to Chunin Exams in Suggestions.

8 hours ago, James said:

This is why rank shouldn't transfer over it should just be treated as a test as it's the first one.... so no agro amongst each other. When everything is working THEN people should keep rank.

No again.

We made the game and leading it toward our vision as a team. If we listen to every player and what they want, we'd destroy the game before it was finished. World of Warcraft used to be a great MMO before it started listening to all the complaints.

If we do Chunin Exam without reward or take back the reward we gave during the first one, no one will participate. We know what we are doing. Just let us do it and stop trying to butt in.

Players do not always know what is best for a game. It would be like some random guy on the street complaining toward a master chef about a recipe, where the person who ate it doesn't understand the craft behind cooking or who that taste is aimed for. Each person has their own unique tastes and preferences, a game is not supposed to be created in a specific fashion to hit everyone's exact tastes. This is what causes a game to become bad and tasteless. These games have no soul and only serve the casual players who rarely play the actual game.

As a final note, the event wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. It was pretty close to perfect, we had a few mistakes although these mistakes are prone to happen the first time we host it. We also want to add that everyone could of passed to the preliminaries if they RP properly.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Streetz said:

Oh snap Seth throwing shade at WoW someone, quick get our PR rep. I aim to rp better next chunin and see how that goes. 

Each Chunin Exam will be different, but RP will be still a defining grading factor. :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Seth said:

Please post suggestions to Chunin Exams in Suggestions.

No again.

We made the game and leading it toward our vision as a team. If we listen to every player and what they want, we'd destroy the game before it was finished. World of Warcraft used to be a great MMO before it started listening to all the complaints.

If we do Chunin Exam without reward or take back the reward we gave during the first one, no one will participate. We know what we are doing. Just let us do it and stop trying to butt in.

Players do not always know what is best for a game. It would be like some random guy on the street complaining toward a master chef about a recipe, where the person who ate it doesn't understand the craft behind cooking or who that taste is aimed for. Each person has their own unique tastes and preferences, a game is not supposed to be created in a specific fashion to hit everyone's exact tastes. This is what causes a game to become bad and tasteless. These games have no soul and only serve the casual players who rarely play the actual game.

As a final note, the event wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. It was pretty close to perfect, we had a few mistakes although these mistakes are prone to happen the first time we host it. We also want to add that everyone could of passed to the preliminaries if they RP properly.

Just because you take the reward away for the first one doesn't mean people don't want to participate in future what utter noncensce . The community understands the game is in testing stages and removing it from a few people would be better off than upsetting the majority of the community.  People are only less likely to want to take part if people keep rank for unfair reasons.

lol please you can't put rules and then say they can pass because they RP properly that's breaking RP if those rules aren't followed. That was the whole reasoning behind people keeping rank . Yet you break RP by not keeping those rules. Yes players don't always know what is best for the game but neither do the staff it's like you don't want to listen at all to any negative feedback.

1 minute ago, James said:

.lol please you can't put rules and then say they can pass because they RP properly that's breaking RP if those rules aren't followed. That was the whole reasoning behind people keeping rank . Yet you break RP by not keeping those rules. Yes players don't always know what is best for the game but neither do the staff it's like you don't want to listen at all to any negative feedback.

One team was selected based on RP to pass. It was fair. The other teams had too low of RP. @Argo graded them.

Just now, James said:

If it was so important then the staff wouldn't break the rules thus not breaking RP.......

If the event followed rules to the tea, then if 4 teams didn't pass then we would of had to change the rules anyway or fail everyone. What is the problem?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seth said:

What is the problem?

Consistency.

An example, let's say 9 players pass the first exam but because of their teammate's failure they failed the first stage. Now out of the 9 players 3 want to the next stage and the other 6 remained in the exam room, should not the same opportunity that is given to the 3 be given to the remaining 6 also?

Now don't get me wrong i'm not saying that you should take away the ranks, if its anything I think that there should of been 3 chunin and not 2. What i'm saying is that what fate befalls 1 should befall the others as well, if you are changing the rules mid exams then it should be changed for everyone.