A random Forest of Death Thought

GAm3CrAzY

Question

So I was watching Naruto on Toonami and an idea hit me. In forest of Death if your character has Blank Scrolls on them (able to be bought in the shop) you can make fake heaven/earth scrolls to drop on the ground. You could then trap these scrolls so when someone goes towards it the trap triggers and they take damage. If they happen to survive and pick up the scroll they will immediately notice it's a fake.

• Like 1

I just think that this is being over thought and people are throwing ideas out in the open without any real thought to them. Not that all require much thought to them but this is just a 'reaching too far' idea tbh

Well any thought out in the open, as lnog as it's not too absurd should well be out in the open. As with my recent idea, when I think of High intelligence, I think of Shikamaru, Kabuto, Neji, Kakashi, even Naruto (Sort of). What I'm saying is a certain intelligence stat once reached should allow them to make a 'fake scroll'. 

I think I rather just troll them and leave them in the trap then actually kill them. Cuz I'm a dick like that.

If they added a hunger system that would be a good way to kill him, just leave him in there to starve lol.

@GAm3CrAzY Don't items dropped on the ground disappear after a while in this kind of game?

Besides, if someone fell into a trap and dropped the scroll, wouldn't the one who set the trap pick it up?

I understand that there are different cases and possibilities, but you would have to be desperate to go for a scroll just laying on the ground )

@Sam Obviously with some coding into the game. It can easily be done that during a Chuunin exam items don't disappear....I don't see how you can argue with that lmao

The point of the Chuunin exam is to make the Genin be in a desperate situation, seeing how they would handle themselves in such terrible/stressing environment. So being desperate during a Chuunin exam is not something you should be ashamed of, especially with time ticking down on you.

@Shuruki I know the coding is possible, I was a bit hasty writing.. but even so, I don't see how you cannot notice the question sign "?" at the end of my sentence

I perfectly understand that it is very possible to put genins in a desperate situation, but these cases would be very rare

Maybe I am just speaking from what I imagine I would do... personally I would never go for a scroll lying on the ground, but there are 2 exceptions to this:

1. I don't have any scrolls on me, which makes your trap useless

2. I would wait until the last moment to go for it, which again makes your trap useless as you wont make it yourself in time

but still, i guess this doesn't give any reason not to implement the system  ^_^

@Shuruki I know the coding is possible, I was a bit hasty writing.. but even so, I don't see how you cannot notice the question sign "?" at the end of my sentence

I perfectly understand that it is very possible to put genins in a desperate situation, but these cases would be very rare

Maybe I am just speaking from what I imagine I would do... personally I would never go for a scroll lying on the ground, but there are 2 exceptions to this:

1. I don't have any scrolls on me, which makes your trap useless

2. I would wait until the last moment to go for it, which again makes your trap useless as you wont make it yourself in time

but still, i guess this doesn't give any reason not to implement the system  ^_^

Yea the trap system would be like a high risk-high reward type of thing. You have to choose how to spend your time wisely. Spend it all waiting for someone to fall in the trap could cause you and your team to fail because no one with a scroll went into the trap.

Yea the trap system would be like a high risk-high reward type of thing. You have to choose how to spend your time wisely. Spend it all waiting for someone to fall in the trap could cause you and your team to fail because no one with a scroll went into the trap.

Well you could do it as they did in the anime... after you gather scrolls for yourself, you can go further to gather scrolls and then sell them ^_^

Well you could do it as they did in the anime... after you gather scrolls for yourself, you can go further to gather scrolls and then sell them ^_^

Lol Open up ur own little shop in the forest of Death, only a truly OP team could pull this off.

• Like 1

Lol Open up ur own little shop in the forest of Death, only a truly OP team could pull this off.

lol Team manages to gather both scrolls in 2 minutes, manages to gather 3 more scrolls in 7 minutes. Spend 8 minutes trying to sell the other scrolls to people with the slogan "Heavenly and Earthly scroll shop, limited time offer." lol