Level cap on ranks

Sol Invictus

Question

My suggestion is that that there be a level cap depending on a players rank. 

I make this suggestion because of my experiences in GOA with high level players basically trolling the shit out of low level/new players. If it is possible for someone to become a level 100 genin, then the other genin who are say level 20-30 will be at a major disadvantage during chuunin exams or other events.

Furthermore, a level cap for ranks will force people who want to become level 100 eternal genin to move up in the ranks and experience whatever benefits/risks come with higher ranks. 

I suggest a level cap every 30 levels or so, meaning once you reach level 30-40 you will be forced to take the Chuunin exam and advance in the ranks if you want to level past that point. The level cap should be adjusted depending on the experience rate/training methods once the game is active.

19 answers to this question

I'm not 100% sure on what they're going to do, but from reading through the forums, and going through other suggestions, I believe they want 'Level 100' Genins. Ofcourse theres going to be people who "Powergame" their way to the top, but for people whom would prefer to "RP" and make their way to the top through "RPE" will be noticed more, and gain more, whereas those Level 100's will most likely quit right away because they find it boring or something of that sort, because they're not playing the game right at all.

eternal genins have no need for chuunin exams, so low level genins dont have anything to fear in this, and even if a lvl 100 genin decides to become chuunin, he will do so and you wont see him in the next chuunin exam

besides that, it was said that chuunin exam winners will not necessarily become chuunin, as losers of the chuunin exam will not necessarily not become chuunin

There is no level cap for ranks. But if you think about it, you have to be a certain rank to take certain missions.

So eventually you run out of missions, and the only solution will be grinding (which will not be effective in Nin). To get to level 100 genin would be a very hard task.

Because clearly any topic that even mentions GOA, is focusing on that game and not Ninonline.

Posted Image

I have a dream, that the average forum reader will understand what he or she is reading and not make idiotic statements that are untrue. Oh wait this is the internet, never mind.

• Like 3

Because clearly any topic that even mentions GOA, is focusing on that game and not Ninonline.

Posted Image

I have a dream, that the average forum reader will understand what he or she is reading and not make idiotic statements that are untrue. Oh wait this is the internet, never mind.

lol @ Siphers Sig

Many systems work, no doubt. Mine will as well. I've played TNR, a long time ago! It was long before GOA came out. TNR uses the rank element present in the Naruto series as somewhat like a class system, where are a certain level you have the choice to Advance your Class. Ranks in Nin Online take a different approach, we're using it for role play elements and also a compulsory way to put a break between players doing chain missions and get them to participate with the community before continuing their storyline missions. There is little or no problem with limiting/capping levels to ranks. However, it depends on what we want players to have choices for, and allowing them to do things differently. There will be times when balancing the game, I will wish that I did it the simple way.

When you think of the game as a PvP Arena, then there is no benefit to ranks at all. You could start playing as an Academy Student and somehow grind to level 100. The problem with that is the main way to level up is to do missions. Missions not being repetitive grind missions, but actual storyline missions and with actual content. There will be a certain amount of Arcs for each rank in the game. So each Genin at his end of his time as a Genin, going to participate in the Chunin Exam will be roughly the same level, because that's as far as the missions progressed him, unless he took a hell load of time to grind up extra levels, but seeing as how mobs will give very little experience, this will be hard.

Oh look, another topic about GOA.

@The Monster Atlas

1. you're retarded

2. you're retarded

3. clearly a post farm, did not answer his question in any way shape or form or replied to the main topic

@Freed Diskenth I doubt any of that will be happening. This game is going to have RP involved into the game. So if you write your characters Biography and goals/dreams being an Elite Jounin but In reality they keep their character Genin until level 100, then its contradicting their characters goals and dreams. Its completely out of character which makes his actions illegal. Thats what I think

In GOA I was one of those level 100 Genin trolls on an alt because at some point I was bored enough to do so. As Rory stated, you have plenty to do, good rank benefits, and it's harder to level after a certain point, if you remain a Genin. This system seems pretty good so we don't have to wory about all that here.

In GOA I was one of those level 100 Genin trolls on an alt because at some point I was bored enough to do so. As Rory stated, you have plenty to do, good rank benefits, and it's harder to level after a certain point, if you remain a Genin. This system seems pretty good so we don't have to wory about all that here.

Indeed.. and even if we find some holes in the system, I'm sure we will all fix them together in the long run ^_^

I know this is basically already setteled but just for my imput it is nearly impossible for you to become level 100 as just a Genin.  I mean, look at Naruto and Sasuke, they are basically the only two out of the originals in the village that are still Genin and have the powers of Gods.  No other ninja in Naruto is a Genin and has the powers that Sasuke and Naruto have in the leaf village.  So the chances of a level 100 Genin are slim to non.

I know this is basically already setteled but just for my imput it is nearly impossible for you to become level 100 as just a Genin.  I mean, look at Naruto and Sasuke, they are basically the only two out of the originals in the village that are still Genin and have the powers of Gods.  No other ninja in Naruto is a Genin and has the powers that Sasuke and Naruto have in the leaf village.  So the chances of a level 100 Genin are slim to non.

I agree, a level 100 Genin is something rare like Naruto and Sasuke.