Elementals and weapons

Yamikami

Question

20 STR Fan and Pipe

The most problematic weapons elementals currently have access to are 20 STR Fan and Pipe. I think that they give too much of an advantage with their CC melee, the difference between a Wind user without Fan and a Wind user with a Fan is very large (same goes for Water and Pipe). Sacrificing 15 points is literally nothing when in return you get a 37 damage melee that knocks back or a 21 damage melee that snares for 1.2 seconds. 

The 20 STR weapons shouldn't have CC. They should just do damage. It wouldn't change much for people that are leveling as Fan and Bubble since they don't need CC on melee early on when they are killing mobs, but it would greatly nerf the people who just take the 20 STR weapons for their CC while using INT based jutsu. Another Pipe could be added with 50 STR and level 25 requirement that has the snare the current lvl 10 one has so the Bubble mastery can switch to and get snares on melee. 

Adamantine Staff

This weapon gives elementals a 2 tile melee which is in my opinion a huge overkill. Masteries that literally depend on their melee to do damage don't have 2 tile melee but somehow elementals can get it for only 90 INT. The weapon hits 42 damage, a Taijutsu user needs 136 agility to hit that much and it will still struggle against this weapon even with it's fast melees due to the fact the weapon hits at double the range a fist melee does. Even WM with it's high damage melees will have issues against this weapon simply because of the range advantage it has. 

If the melee is to stay 2 tile range, the weapon should hit much slower than it currently does. I think the speed right now is around 1.2 seconds, it should be changed to 2-2.4 seconds cause having 2 tile range on a melee is rediculously strong. 

Poison Kunai

In this current meta if someone is an elemental and they don't have a Fan or Pipe they will 100% have a Poison Kunai. It has become a mandatory thing to have as an elemental especially now with the new regeneration system. I think that the duration of the poison it has is simply too long for a melee attack, not to mention that being able to poison on a melee takes away the uniqueness of the masteries that actually have poison or bleed in their kit. What is the point of Wind or INT Med if even an Earth user can grab a posion kunai and poison their enemies for the same duration. 

I think a good way to change this weapon would be to increase the flat damage the kunai does while decreasing the duration of the poison it has. Currently it hits 24 flat and then poisons for 8 damage for a total of 32 damage. 

It should be changed to do 28 damage flat and then deal 4 damage with poison in 4-6 seconds.

• Like 5

7 answers to this question

Just now, Accelerator said:

All you will see happen is people will go 40 str and then that becomes the new meta.

You had people playing fire earth with 80 str for crystal fan before it got nerfed.

No support from me.

40 STR is still better than 20 STR, it's more than double the amount of stats you need to sacrifice. 

1 hour ago, Yamikami said:

20 STR Fan and Pipe

The most problematic weapons elementals currently have access to are 20 STR Fan and Pipe. I think that they give too much of an advantage with their CC melee, the difference between a Wind user without Fan and a Wind user with a Fan is very large (same goes for Water and Pipe). Sacrificing 15 points is literally nothing when in return you get a 37 damage melee that knocks back or a 21 damage melee that snares for 1.2 seconds. 

The 20 STR weapons shouldn't have CC. They should just do damage. It wouldn't change much for people that are leveling as Fan and Bubble since they don't need CC on melee early on when they are killing mobs, but it would greatly nerf the people who just take the 20 STR weapons for their CC while using INT based jutsu. Another Pipe could be added with 50 STR and level 25 requirement that has the snare the current lvl 10 one has so the Bubble mastery can switch to and get snares on melee. 

Adamantine Staff

This weapon gives elementals a 2 tile melee which is in my opinion a huge overkill. Masteries that literally depend on their melee to do damage don't have 2 tile melee but somehow elementals can get it for only 90 INT. The weapon hits 42 damage, a Taijutsu user needs 136 agility to hit that much and it will still struggle against this weapon even with it's fast melees due to the fact the weapon hits at double the range a fist melee does. Even WM with it's high damage melees will have issues against this weapon simply because of the range advantage it has. 

If the melee is to stay 2 tile range, the weapon should hit much slower than it currently does. I think the speed right now is around 1.2 seconds, it should be changed to 2-2.4 seconds cause having 2 tile range on a melee is rediculously strong. 

Poison Kunai

In this current meta if someone is an elemental and they don't have a Fan or Pipe they will 100% have a Poison Kunai. It has become a mandatory thing to have as an elemental especially now with the new regeneration system. I think that the duration of the poison it has is simply too long for a melee attack, not to mention that being able to poison on a melee takes away the uniqueness of the masteries that actually have poison or bleed in their kit. What is the point of Wind or INT Med if even an Earth user can grab a posion kunai and poison their enemies for the same duration. 

I think a good way to change this weapon would be to increase the flat damage the kunai does while decreasing the duration of the poison it has. Currently it hits 24 flat and then poisons for 8 damage for a total of 32 damage. 

It should be changed to do 28 damage flat and then deal 4 damage with poison in 4-6 seconds.

imo a very good idea, poisons, bleeding and burns should be a short time 4-5 seconds max

5 hours ago, Yamikami said:

20 STR Fan and Pipe

Adamantine Staff

Poison Kunai

All of this is just the truth everyone doesnt seem to want to admit.

FAN/PIPE 20 strenght to knockback/snare each melee? Completly broken. 
The adamantite staff really should have less attack speed.
The poison kunai shouldnt exist at all. I wont explain why because you said it all. I dont think that reducing the dot but buffing the flat damage is the solution. 28 base damage for 10 int is just very broken. 70 STR swords do 45-47. 

On 4/13/2022 at 9:13 AM, Yamikami said:

20 STR Fan and Pipe

OR

1. You shouldn't be able to cast a str jutsu if you are the int path. There should be a choice when you choose your mastery such as WM, Wind, Medic, Water or Taijutsu that you either choose the STR, AGI, INT or CHK path. This should change whenever we buy a stat reset.

In fact, get rid of hybrids entirely before I make a 20 man org in Leaf and abuse a meta you people haven't even thought about yet. 

2. Leaf needs a unique weapon just like Sand has Fan and Mist has Pipe. Lock Poison Kunai to Leaf.

Other than that, I've never wielded an Adamantine Staff and never will. Leave the poison kunai alone. First people try to get it nerfed because veteran players were using it at level 4 to farm blanks (which we were perfectly entitled to do given the fact that a new player wouldn't have the ryo to make these items and neither did we when we started, so if we have them now they should have just waited too. Like the fact that that was the entire argument for nerfing it was so dumb but anyway) now it deals almost little to no damage and you're trying to nerf it again because the **POISON** is too long? DUDE.

ITS TIME TO STOP WITH THE NERF REQUESTS
It's Time to Stop | Know Your Meme