Map lock.

Indra

Question

Basically, I think that the game got to a point where locking people in maps isnt healthy anymore. It used to be a good fix when the client was limited to this methode, but the client isnt what he was anymore and the whole balance also isnt the same anymore.

An example of my point of view is that there were no buffs back then. Locking a player who had the same lvl as you was somewhat okay. But now there are buffed steroid swords (7), buffed rings (9?), buffed sash item (10), buffed puppets (10), buffed anbu swords (10), buffed sanbu (10),buffed mistbu (10)

If the number of buffs are right, there are about 66  possible buffed players online and they have a blatant advantage over the other players.

If you are a WM and meet one of the seven swordmans...who wins? Sometimes retreat is the best option but you cannot because your are locked into a map with someone who is mathematically stronger than you.

Now that everything dots, being map locked also is way more toxic that when fire and medics had the only dots.

My opinion about it is that it just should be removed and once you change map, theres a mini timer until you can go back into the previous map.

Anyone has idea's? Please write them here!

• Like 2

9 answers to this question

Or just lower the timer in to 3 or 5 seconds, actually is 15 seconds which is extremaly long, even in case 1vs2 (dot's so OP+new regen).

Pretty often if you traveling alone and meet group of enemies, its all about one hit and map locking <- thats decide did you survive or no (not in every case, but in mostly) 

2 hours ago, Indra said:

Basically, I think that the game got to a point where locking people in maps isnt healthy anymore. It used to be a good fix when the client was limited to this methode, but the client isnt what he was anymore and the whole balance also isnt the same anymore.

An example of my point of view is that there were no buffs back then. Locking a player who had the same lvl as you was somewhat okay. But now there are buffed steroid swords (7), buffed rings (9?), buffed sash item (10), buffed puppets (10), buffed anbu swords (10), buffed sanbu (10),buffed mistbu (10)

If the number of buffs are right, there are about 66  possible buffed players online and they have a blatant advantage over the other players.

If you are a WM and meet one of the seven swordmans...who wins? Sometimes retreat is the best option but you cannot because your are locked into a map with someone who is mathematically stronger than you.

Now that everything dots, being map locked also is way more toxic that when fire and medics had the only dots.

My opinion about it is that it just should be removed and once you change map, theres a mini timer until you can go back into the previous map.

Anyone has idea's? Please write them here!

from 7 boosted swords agree akat agree sash they are meh and anbu swords XD in whole anbu/sanbu/mistbu orgs you have maybe 3 to 5 players which CAN use sword whip but just saying

Also wm/wind/fire/med/summons/poison kunai

wm slash/and this line instant

wind claw and scythe which is buffed rn

fire ofc every jutsu

med scalp senbon cloud

summons snake hawk wheasel hotdog 

poison kunai is poison kunai

so you have much more dots in whole game so locking by dots isnt toxic coz everyone is able to get pkunai or they use dots from their mastery.

Timer after changing map is bad idea the only right idea can be reduce it from 15 to 5-7s

• Like 1

Removing map lock is a pretty impulsive change to combat the disadvantage that org buffs put onto regular players. I know you remember the dark days of not being able to catch players with better machines or ping, it was extremely unfun. However, I do agree that org buffs have warped how danger zones play out since there are times you come across someone who has a major advantage over you simply because they were invited to an org. It's not a good feeling.

Defeating these buffs aren't impossible in 1 on 1 encounters but the disadvantage exists anyways. I think that there should be some way for regular players to match these org buffs in power without needing to be in an org themselves. It could be something like the kraken hammer or land of iron swords where they are so powerful that they can be compared to 7sm swords. Basically a rare way to obtain power.

Another alternative could adding universal jutsus similar to cursed seal that give temporary stat buffs with some type of cost. Like similar to the way 8 gates should work where you reach insane levels of power but once that power fades you could be slowed or injured for some time. This could also be something like a pill or potion that can be crafted or obtained (maybe with blood vials 😮 ) that could provide temporary speed boosts, stat buffs, etc.

Anyways my point is that there are other ways of making dealing with org buffs or level disadvantages bearable rather than returning to how the game used to be with no map switch cds.

• Like 1

No, adding buffs for everyone to be equal is stupid. You're supposed to feel outmatched when running into an akatsuki or 7sm or 12g or anbu, etc. That's literally the point. This is not supposed to be a fair world. You go out and sometimes you die. Tough.