Leaf Elections Suggestion

Seifer

Question

This idea of improvement comes after seeing only four council members run for council with only 2 clear possibilities of Kage.

On Council Member:

Council members are made to pay 10k ryo for proof of sincerity of the position, however we have known council members to afk, or leave Nin entirity regardless throughout a multitude of terms. So, does this work? The answer is: No.

Four Council members being possible to fill three spots, makes the position not competitive and the chosen Kage a narrower selection.

Suggestion:

1) Lower the amount of money required to participate for council members to 5k or lower.

OR

2) Make RP missions, completable by ranked to gain "politic tokens" to pay to participate for council member.

On Council Member Roles:

Council Members cannot do much unless a Hokage allows them to. This means that Council Members w/o a supporting Hokage has no important permissions or mechanics installed as their duties are primarily discord based. This has lead to the general consensus that Council Members only important role is 1) is choosing the Hokage, and 2) replacing the Hokage if they resign.

A council members role should not be mechanically important for a garunteed 1 day out of a year.

Suggestion:

3) Council Members should be given new higher tiered RP missions that are village based.

4) While Hokage will still be able to enroll title of ANBU Leader, Medical Leader, LMPF Chief, 12g Leader; Council Members should be able to give out and take away a new subset of roles based off of village merit. "Savior of Leaf", "Lord of Fire", "Assassin", "Ninja of Gold" etc.

5) Council Members should be able to gain a weekly amount of ryo, rewarded from the game itself to be used for events. Ryo could be replaced with a more specified currency to reduce chances of abuse (i.e. a new type of tradable event coupon).

On Hokage:

Although anyone can say they are "running for Hokage", the  reality of selection is quite narrow. Due to there being only 3 votes in-acted for Hokage, Council members work together to choose a Hokage prior to running for council member to avoid conflicts and get targeted picks.

I feel, as some of you might, the election of Hokage is too focused on Council Members. Council Members should be given more important roles in Leaf to keep the powers balanced in the village, but 3 people should not ultimately decide the Hokage because a vote for them doesn't necessarily mean a vote for the person you wish.

Suggestion:

6) Stop Council Members from electing the Hokage and instead leave it to populous of lv 20+.

OR

7) Stop Council Members from electing Hokage and leave it to ranked votes.

On Rigged Voting:

We have known there is a spam of alts to choose the council members.

Suggestion:

8 ) Place voting boxes on specific days/hours available that a GM can sit in the office and monitor votes.

You may agree or disagree; that is okay!

Choose the numbers you agree with, and the ones you disagree with. (i.e. I agree with 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, but disagree with the rest)

Feel free to explain why.

Like and Comment!

• Like 4

5 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Slifer said:

Are you running for hokage 

No, I will only take the role of Hokage if the village decides I am what they need. I will not campaign or even ask for it (at least at this time, I cannot speak for future me).

Also, this suggestion thread is not made to bash those running for council member or Hokage. It is to improve the village and hopefully bring more activity to it.

If you can find at least one good suggestion out of this, then it has been worth it.

Honestly, a lot of these suggestions are made in good faith but don't actually solve any of the issues. Coming from my experience in the last kazekage transfer, a lot of inactive people will only log on to vote. Prior to the event I had been logging on for about 2 weeks. When it came to a Kazekage being chosen, I had seen so many new people who were level 50+ accounts. When the process was over, they never logged on again. There is no possible way for you to solve the rigging of votes because the votes are made to be rigged. If Rory wanted to stop it or any GM they could easily tag votes with the IP and cross reference it against others and strike the vote. 

The reality is that I don't think anyone has the intention to prevent voting fraud for these elections. There's no possible way to pick members to be council who will continue to be active in the game because some people have lives outside of the game. Some people get bored, some people lose interest in the game and so on. There's just no possible way to fix that.

Honestly I believe the lack of competition is a double edged sword. On one hand, the high price of registration makes it so that people don't run because the job is pretty lacking as you've said. You become a discord mod and choose a kage to advise, other than that it isn't worth that much. This causes a lack of competition and it becomes pretty obvious which players have a realistic chance at becoming kage.

However, if this were to change it would only benefit the people who have stacked the most alts. A single person/group with a large horde of alts will have an advantage over people competing legitimately since the increase in options would spread legitimate votes more. I believe something like Ranked Choice Voting could be used to help combat alts. You could rank the candidates based on your 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice, etc.

As for directly voting for the Hokage, maybe there could be an election that wouldn't completely decide Hokage but could inform the new council members of what the overall population of the village wants. They could use this in part of their discussion for ultimately choosing who the Hokage should be.

As for the role of a council, at the end of the day this is an RP game and council is an RP role. This means that you have the control to determine how this role is used within the village, if you were to obtain it. There definitely could be some more tools to make the role of council more important within a village like the ability to host automated village exclusive events or give titles, but overall a council is meant to just be an advisor to the Hokage.

• Like 2