Village raid points

Exodia

Question

Inspired by @Machi, written by me.

When a village loses all it's raid points, it should turn into a danger zone. That way there's a huge incentive to go out and get those points, it'll increase player hunting ten-fold as 95% of the village population hide in the safe zone which makes the game boring for others. 

@Erox @Ueda Let's make this happen!

• Like 20
  • Shocked 1

17 answers to this question

On 5/31/2021 at 6:09 AM, Lamentations said:

Inspired by @Machi, written by me.

When a village loses all it's raid points, it should turn into a danger zone. That way there's a huge incentive to go out and get those points, it'll increase player hunting ten-fold as 95% of the village population hide in the safe zone which makes the game boring for others. 

@Erox @Ueda Let's make this happen!

This does nothing but make it so everyone AFKs in hospitals or logs out instead of in the village. You can't force people to participate in your missions. If they're not safe in the place designed for them to chill (their village) they'll just move to the next safest place.

• Like 5

@xxanax The whole point of turning SZs into DZs is to try and force good, meaningful fights when villages/orgs are playing scared for no reason. The scenario you're talking about will happen once or twice a night if we're lucky, when all the villages are somewhat active. What happens the rest of the day?

The game's hard enough to have fun in without an active group, then we start adding incentives for people to camp offline villages to farm bounties and WW. Besides, raids aren't really secret 9 times out of 10. Map switches get trapped up anyway and we all know when Orgs are out hunting. Ya'll know how it is.

There's already a reward for raiding. Set a time (or a rotating schedule) that compromises as much as we can for the different time zones, and we can get the kinds of fights we want without giving out rewards for camping. Maybe you won't camp low pop/lowbies in DZ, but we all know there's people here that don't care bout good or fair fights.

• Like 1

Nah, this ain't it. Sounds like a good way for lowbies to get camped for 12 hours straight every day of the week because their village prime time hasn't started yet. I'm more in favor of what Ainz suggested before; organized events with specific times when the war cannot be avoided.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeller said:

Not long ago we were discussing how to bring more people to the game, and make it more new player friendly, and then this is suggested. Do you actually want people to log in or not? What about Takumi?

7 hours ago, Imhotep said:

Nah, this ain't it. Sounds like a good way for lowbies to get camped for 12 hours straight every day of the week because their village prime time hasn't started yet. I'm more in favor of what Ainz suggested before; organized events with specific times when the war cannot be avoided.

This is not gonna affect lowbies in anyway, this wont be any different than normal village raids
- village gets raided
-raid points gets taken
- the raiders eventually die to BI warriors n people loggin in or leave for the next village.

This suggestion is not targeting lowbies maps so it's not encouraging lowbie killing in anyway, when there's a raid everyone in the village dies if your defense line falls. Changing village maps to DZs after all the raid points get taken is beneficial to both sides or probably even more risky for raiders, as soon as they are done taking raid points if they don't leave immediately the village will have enough time to gather people and defeat the raiders while also claiming their bounties, I fail to understand in which way this suggestion encourages lowbie killing/camping.

Ok imagine this: Leaf has 6 people in square chilling doing their sparring. The mist/sand/rogue org decides to show up with 15 ppl and cloak bombs everyone. They then proceed to take out all the raid points and camp the hospital. During this process the raiders do not risk losing their bounty/suffer consequences for being killed. Now the map turns into a danger zone. What about all the houses? Will the scroll shop be a danger zone? Clan houses? Guard Duty? Spa?
Now secondly, who would log into the game at this point, just to be instantly killed? They won't be able to defend the village at all. Now let's say the leafs who have logged in to defend the village kill you guys on BI, while you fail to leave. They gain nothing by killing you while on BI. Again no consequences for the raiders. I find this to be extremely restrictive gameplay. I already think there is enough of an incentive to raid a village.

• Like 1

@Rumaki@Zeller all these scenarios can equally play out I think turning villages into DZ should be an event thing and not raid points based but that's just my opinion.

2 hours ago, xxanax said:

This is not gonna affect lowbies in anyway, this wont be any different than normal village raids
- village gets raided
-raid points gets taken
- the raiders eventually die to BI warriors n people loggin in or leave for the next village.

This suggestion is not targeting lowbies maps so it's not encouraging lowbie killing in anyway, when there's a raid everyone in the village dies if your defense line falls. 

I think lowbies will suffer even if they are in a safe zone because you can just kill them and send them to hosp in a safe zone to camp them in the danger zone(village).

4 hours ago, Zeller said:

Not long ago we were discussing how to bring more people to the game, and make it more new player friendly, and then this is suggested. Do you actually want people to log in or not? What about Takumi?

I kinda agree on this one player already complain about getting killed all the time while doing stuff so many new players might leave and I know many hate players who just AFK in squares and don't go out but I think they will stop logging as well because you never know when the village might turn into a danger zone.

18 minutes ago, Zeller said:

Now the map turns into a danger zone. What about all the houses? Will the scroll shop be a danger zone? Clan houses? Guard Duty? Spa?

If it gets ever added I think only the main village should be a DZ not buildings.

@LamentationsGood suggestion btw I kinda don't want it to be added but at the same time, many things that are in-game now that feel normal at first players didn't want it to be added in the game when the idea was made so who knows it might become a big part of the game.

14 minutes ago, Antar said:

I think lowbies will suffer even if they are in a safe zone because you can just kill them and send them to hosp in a safe zone to camp them in the danger zone(village).

As i said earlier this wouldnt be no different than a normal raid where the opponent army just kill everything in their way the army going out of their way to go kill lowbies in lowbie grinding maps is very rare because killing lowbie give little to nothing it's time wasting and basically giving the defending team time to prepare. Even if people start doing that to send them to the village (danger zone) it would still be a useless move, killing lowbies give barely anything in DZ and they would most likely be on BI, run straight out of the village. This is still no different than a normal raid.

@Antar If this becomes an event it ruins the whole purpose of raiding the village, It's either the defending camp will overprepare with traps everywhere making piercing their defense line impossible, or they will all just log out/hide in hosp if they know they won't be able to defend

Part of the fun in a raid is the element of surprise where you have to move your army fast and quietly, sometimes not killing anyone on the way just so u have a chance to enter the enemy village. If i gather 20 people to raid leaf and leafies for the event, and leafies know about it and just traps their whole gate, it kinda ruins the fun to not have the element of surprise it would be no better than map camping.