Village Transfers, maybe?

Hayate

Question

On release we will only be able to play Konoha and Suna? (Correct me if I'm wrong on that part.) Inevitably there are plans to add Kumo, Kiri, and Iwa, but not within the first few months.

This leads me to ask for village transfers.

WUT? Is this madness? No, it's fairness.

It would be unfair to give the villages available on start-up such a leg-up. They will have so much more time to progress. And more so than fair it will be dead boring for those of us who want to be part of a certain village. So, I'm proposing whenever a new village is added that we be allowed to transfer to it if that's where we wanted to be.

Basically, this allows us to play with the rest of everyone else and not get left out for the first release and allows us to level and progress, then easily transition over to the village we actually want to be in- that way no one gets stuck waiting forever.

13 answers to this question

It's much more complex than that :

1° Only Konoha at first. Suna will be added later. And the other villages after that.

2° After the alpha, i think it will all go down a little, right before putting the beta up! And the main question should be more like : when that happens, will we start again from scratch? Or will we get to keep exp + items?

3° But yes, as you stated it, that would be most unfair. But don't worry, they want to balance the villages so when putting up a new village it's only natural to let people migrate to the other village.

Well Rory already said somewhere that he planned on avoiding character wipes as much as possible so I imagine that people would be able to go to their preferred village eventually if they're starting the game in Beta.

I think a way to go about this is to make it so that every time a new village is created, each character that existed before-hand is allowed to join that village 1 time as a free-be. Also, it will be for a limited time, just to avoid being able to join that village whenever they're exiled from their own village or in-time, randomly join a village without the Kage's invite.

• Like 1

Character transfers won't be possible. The reason is that each village has its own set of missions and storyline missions. I want players to experience all this, and not get to skip them by being a high level in another village before release. Wipes are still very likely when progressing much further, but expect compensation if it does happen. If you have a character in leaf before suna is released though, you could transfer some money and equips over for a head start though. :) thanks for prompting my thoughts!

So in a way picture a new village being added as a special permadeath for all characters?

Somewhat. I mean, there is another route. Everyone who plays in Alpha/Beta can get Account Bound "Heirlooms". (Similar to WoW) Once this ends, since I imagine all the villages would be out by then, the game gets wiped of everything but Heirlooms. The Heirlooms would be almost a beta test/alpha test award, and that way even though things get wiped we'd all get a faster leveling experience in the appropriate villages, so no one would be to angry.
  • Like 1