PvP/Arena Brackets/Incentive

Hayate

Question

So something I've always wondered is why start as a Genin? Why put in all that hard work to level all the way to X rank when you could just start at it? I think there should be some sort of perk or incentive to help support people ranking up from scratch and not just starting at a higher rank. This is all moot of course if everyone must start at Genin. I'm not in the know so if thats the case ignore it. On the topic of rank I think there should be PvP or Arena of sorts. There should be a bracket for each Rank so D-ranks don't wind up fighting A-ranks etc. I think it would be cool to be capable of turning off EXP too to "twink" at a certain level.

15 answers to this question

I would assume that those starting out high level would be less powerful to someone who has trained since the beginning. Similar to that of Pokemon. Train them stats> Base stats.

Arena are fine and dandy, but you also don't want to take away the Village vs Village PvP as well.

So something I've always wondered is why start as a Genin? Why put in all that hard work to level all the way to X rank when you could just start at it? I think there should be some sort of perk or incentive to help support people ranking up from scratch and not just starting at a higher rank. This is all moot of course if everyone must start at Genin. I'm not in the know so if thats the case ignore it. On the topic of rank I think there should be PvP or Arena of sorts. There should be a bracket for each Rank so D-ranks don't wind up fighting A-ranks etc. I think it would be cool to be capable of turning off EXP too to "twink" at a certain level.

Everyone will not start as Genin in Nin Online. They will start as Academy Students. Also, obviously you start from scratch, you play through the storyline as a Academy Student, Genin, Chunin etc. because there are things to learn and experience. I give that you came from a BYOND game, so you're still applying what you've learned from there.

I would assume that those starting out high level would be less powerful to someone who has trained since the beginning. Similar to that of Pokemon. Train them stats> Base stats.

Arena are fine and dandy, but you also don't want to take away the Village vs Village PvP as well.

This 

Everyone will not start as Genin in Nin Online. They will start as Academy Students. Also, obviously you start from scratch, you play through the storyline as a Academy Student, Genin, Chunin etc. because there are things to learn and experience. I give that you came from a BYOND game, so you're still applying what you've learned from there.

I didn't come from a BYOND game. >,< Why does everyone keep thinking I'm from BYOND/Goa? I just wasn't aware how ranking worked but I'm glad you cleared that up.

And thank you for clearing that up for me.

• Like 1