Village Fee

Wolf

Question

In @Sipher's beautifully written topic, he talks about taxation which I think is a great idea.  I think the money raised from taxes should be used to 'train' new ninjas.

A problem I've seen in many Naruto games is finding a way to balance the amount of players in each village.  My solution to this is for the village having to pay a fee to train Academy Students into Genins while allowing Kage's to halt the creation of new characters in their village.

I was thinking about this idea earlier today, but I can't remember what else I had in mind.  Feel free to suggest anything you like.

11 answers to this question

Being enrolled as a ninja is the birth right of each new player in Nin Online. I will also never allow a Kage to stop playings from choosing the village they want.

If too many players are joining a certain village, then I'd just have to make the others more appealing. Besides, each village will have a unique quest and story line eventually.

Players will be inclined to try them all, and if one of them is not appealing, then something is wrong at the core level, not on the surface.

I will also never allow a Kage to stop playings from choosing the village they want.

That makes sense.  But what about training academy students?  I think the village should have to pay to train them, ONLY IF the taxation system is introduced to the game.

That makes sense. But what about training academy students? I think the village should have to pay to train them, ONLY IF the taxation system is introduced to the game.

Even if the village is poor, as long as there are ninjas, it would still make sense to have Chunins teaching Academy students for just food alone. Even if taxes are introduced, it should be a negligible amount of money to keep an academy running. EDIT: Look at Konoha, they were so broke that Iruka taught like 80 kids in a class.

Even if the village is poor, as long as there are ninjas, it would still make sense to have Chunins teaching Academy students for just food alone. Even if taxes are introduced, it should be a negligible amount of money to keep an academy running. EDIT: Look at Konoha, they were so broke that Iruka taught like 80 kids in a class.

That's 80 Asian kids... teaching North Americans is probably harder-- terrible attention span.

OT: Anyways, I hope you will find a way to make each village appealing in it's own way.  I just don't think it's possible to stop 200 kids from joining Leaf to become the most powerful Uchiha.

Or @Whack could program a system to where the Jounin Captain has to report to any time online, to a NPC where he/she will gain students till the Sensei has 3 Max., Students can register to get a Jounin Captain by also going to the same NPC.. Only way to enter the Chuunin Exam is by joining a Jounin's Squad and entering with your other 2 Team Mates, Jounin should have the right of signing his squad up for the Chuunin Exam.

So you suggest a tax... If it's automatically deducted, then those who don't have any money in the end, what will become of them? Make a prison?

Maybe a tax on the money you win in missions only, so you pay nada until you don't start doing missions.

But on the previous note : really, maybe there should be a prison in the village? (maybe it was already stated, sorry)