Profile Songs In-Game

Seth

Profile Songs  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want your profile song available to anyone who right clicks your character and selects "Listen to Profile Song"?

• Yes always.
    • Yes by default, but add options to change it such as restricting it only to friends.
    • No.
  2. 2. Would you buy a custom profile song if it was a reasonable price?

Introduction

One of our breaking changes we are trying to push in Alpha 3 is the ability to share your profile song with your friends in-game. You can change your profile song then send it immediately to anyone in-game, all they have to do is simply press accept to listen to it in the client. There are many other features like this we are planning to add into the game, but we want to know your opinion on a few details.

Details

We need to know how the community feels about their profile song being available to anyone who simply right clicks their character, and this means anyone can listen to it, but if someone wants to share it with you, you must accept it before it will play.

The other idea we have is a way for people to create their own profile songs by requesting them from our composer @Afilion, would people be willing to spend money on this service if it was offered? We're all volunteers here, and it is always nice to help out the developers who contribute to the game freely. This makes our time here more valuable since it both helps our expenses and offers more services to our community.

Conclusion

This is a new idea I had, so it may change, but we thank everyone for their opinions and concerns with it. We will keep this open for a couple weeks to determine the direction for this before it is fully implemented.

*Yawns* It's 5:30 in the morning, so whatever I say now is subject to change. 

As this game grows in size, the community will grow along with it, much --- much more people will be here, I'm expecting to see in the hundreds, thousands even. I'm sure you all have planned for a community size of such, but that's just scratching the surface. Pratically, it would be quite challenging for one composer to handle hundreds upon hundreds of requests and not get at-least one -wrong- or not up to the requester's standard, or even blatantly forget to compose a song for a certain individual all together. Not to mention making music from scratch isn't a walk in the park, all the instruments must be synchronized etc. Unless @Afilion uses a skeleton for all of the music created during this process, which I think will make all the music have a hint of similarity, it would be quite a time consuming job. In conclusion, if this is a one man job, sure it may work for the community as it is now, but as we grow in size, it will become more taxing on the composer. You all need others.

• Like 3

I personally woudn't care for having a profile song in the game. A neat idea for people who do want ot contribute to the game and get something back in return though.

I do agree with @Ryoshi. If Nin-Online only has 1 music composer it may be a lot of work for one person when the game is officaly released and picks up on popularity. I'm sure you guys could always find more staff to hire if that happens though and have a decent sized music team.

I do have a few questions though:

Will there be an option in game to mute profile songs? I can see myself 3am in the morning playing the game on a weekend and clicking some peron's profile and imediately becoming iritated by what I hear and wanting to mute it.

How does this go in terms of copy right? If people are able to upload there own songs I would hate if Miley Cyrus sues our asses because some random person has Wrecking Ball as their theme song.

Also will there be any guidelines that have to be followed in regards to your song? A maximum length the song can be, no extreme profanity etc?

• Like 3

I'm liking the progressive change I'm seeing for Nin. However, what's the purpose of having this implemented in-game? It just seems like a useless feature and waste of effort when your focus could be put into features that would get the community even more excited; extra villages, equipment, Jutsu, jail system, and an extensive dialogue for NPC's so they actually react differently in a conversation, depending on the answers you give them and perhaps attack your character if you piss them off.

I'm not purposely trying to be negative. I've invested time and money into this project, so its only natural that I'd wish the best for this game instead of giving false praise.

If false praise is what you would prefer, then; ''Wow, this is soooo good guyz, i will really enjoy listening and sharing music with my fruuundz ingame. This is so cool, I will upload some Justin bieber into this game and share with all the other shinobeehz my favourite ones.''

This makes our time here more valuable since it both helps our living expenses and offers more services to our community.

Lastly, this sentence alone changed my view of Nin. It seems you guys are contemplating to offer additional services in return for money, segregating those whom can't afford such luxuries to be left bitter and feeling insignificant. Don't ruin this great project by making it money orientated. Yes, I'm aware you need support for server costs amongst other things but offering services such as custom songs for those who pay is just ridiculous.

• Like 4

I'ts better than giving custom jutsu's, equipment or other stuff that could make a player stronger than the rest.

I don't see anything wrong with this. I also don't think this would slow down the progress of which they are going now.

I myself wouldn't buy a custom song by the way :p

• Like 4

If Afillion is sure that it wouldn't be a pain in the ass to continue composing for someone, then that's a good idea I guess, but I wouldn't pay for because I don't have money like that to throw. 

The organization song is a great feature, but at the moment it's a useless feature and isn't gonna lure early testers as it's not that significant. At the moment Organizations are pretty useless since really Konoha is the only village and we won't be able to fight against anyone else. That would result in Organization songs being useless as well for the moment. It's useless for the moment, but hey I still like the idea.

• Like 1

I agree with Orcnan on that one.  The most you can do with your organizations as of now is just create your ranks, and talk about your future goals.  But that's about it.  Making a song for the organizations would be a waste at our current state.  It would be advised to wait until later on to worry about that once we have more villages and more activities going on in the game.  I wouldn't focus too harshly on the organizations at this moment.  I'm even taking a break from it for a while as well. 

As for being able to here a players profile song by right clicking on them, I really like that idea.  It think it's a cool add on and touch up to the game that many members on Ninonline would enjoy.  The custom music portion of this would be great if the composer can keep up with the consumer's demands.  However I fear with the ever growing numbers of members on NInonline, this might pose as a problem in the future.  Unless of course you all plan on getting more composers of music.  In that case you should be fine.  As for myself however, I don't have the money to pay for custom songs and I more then likely wouldn't do it anyways as I have bills to pay. :-(  But Kudos to those that wish to contribute to that. :-D   Over all I like this idea though :-D

It seems you guys are contemplating to offer additional services in return for money, segregating those whom can't afford such luxuries to be left bitter and feeling insignificant. Don't ruin this great project by making it money orientated. Yes, I'm aware you need support for server costs amongst other things but offering services such as custom songs for those who pay is just ridiculous. 

Your conclusions are blown way out of proportion.

Custom songs to support server costs is ridiculous?

Subscription Prices:

$10 for a 1 Month Subscription

$50 for a Lifetime Subscription

Other Information

-Unlimited renames

-Unlimited respecs

-One clan change per month

-Extra cash

-Extra Skill points

-10 lvls Added

Packages:

$10 + 20 stats(rfx,con,int,str)

$10 + 20 passives

$60 Custom organization

$50 all rinnegan jutsu

$50 all uchiha jutsus

$35 Obito package,

$80 Madara package

$120 Sage hashirama package(Delux,Gold!)

Level 150 = $80

Level 125 = $35

Bijuu = $50 1-9

Jubi = $75

Infinite SP = $100

$15 Akatsuki suits, -5% Damage Reduction

$10 Sage Cloak comes with 5% dmg deduction

$10 Hanzo mask comes with 5% dmg deduction

$60- Uchiha package (All Sharingan techniques)

$60- Rinnegan package (All paths of Rinnegan)

$20- 1mil money(1,000,000)

$40- All Gates (does not come with Weight Loss or Drunken fist))

$15- 5000% supplies

$30 for +50 exp rate for 3 days

$50 for +100 exp rate for 1 week

$100 for +200 exp rate permanently

$20 Per 100 Exodus Points

If the prices are to high for your budget message me for a discount..Prices are negotiable

Donate<--click to donate

For a custom package or donation,after payment is made please contact Lao or one of the admins via whisper or help

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online! 

If you do not have a paypal or credit card you can purchase a 

moneypak card from your local stores and then give me the card code

ALL DONATIONS ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND THESE ARE GIFTS FOR DONATING. EXODUS STAFF HAS THE RIGHT DO DENY YOU RE-RECIEVING YOUR GIFT FOR ANY PERIOD OF TIME AFTER A WIPE, OR AT ALL FOLLOWING A WIPE. BY DONATING YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. THANK YOU. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

We're not selling $120 Sage Harashima packages & $100 for infinite SP to support holidays for Lao.

What we're doing is finding ways in which we can give potential backers an incentive to support the game monetarily without breaking the balance of the game to support the development of the game and server fees.

Or is "Profile Songs in game" too OP and Pay2Win for you?

• Like 2

@Ryu

Regardless of where the money goes, I think it's perfectly acceptable to sell aesthetic services; different colored names, unique clothing and more profile options are all pretty commonplace in other MMO communities, and those things don't impact game balance whatsoever.

I do agree, however, that this seems to be pretty low on the list of priorities. Still, when you spend as much time working as Rory and Seth do, sometimes it's necessary to change pace and work on something just for the fun of it.

I like and support this feature.

• Like 4

Lastly, this sentence alone changed my view of Nin. It seems you guys are contemplating to offer additional services in return for money, segregating those whom can't afford such luxuries to be left bitter and feeling insignificant. Don't ruin this great project by making it money orientated. Yes, I'm aware you need support for server costs amongst other things but offering services such as custom songs for those who pay is just ridiculous.

You say that as if people will actually be listening to the music. I'll be blasting progressive house music with Nin on mute the entire time

• Like 1

@Ryu

You got a point mate. I think you are over exagerating some of your points though. I doubt it would be very time consuming to add a feature like this. The music being composed is by a diff person from those who work on gameplay content from what I can tell.

I really don't see a problem with the staff trying to find ways to generate some form of income from all their hard work either. Atleast they are not just creating a donate button and asking for money. They are offering some sort of perk for your hard earned cash. Features like this won't even affect the balance of gameplay either.

I got no problem with special cosmestics for players who pay as long as their are no benefit gameplay wise where they will have an edge over a non paying player I am fine with it.

Reasons

This service is a way for @Afilion to get something back from the project, and is not going to the project itself. It is a service that is being offered for him as a third party contractor, it both enriches the community and helps him monetarily.

This definitely will not affect the game in a negative way, because it took me a couple hours to do it, and I am tired of working on other things in the game at the moment. This is a break from that to allow me to relax and do something different. As for villages, Jutsus, and the like, we've been adding new content everyday. Why exactly should we be miserable making the game? Sometimes it is good to mix things up.

Although, this service is obviously one of many we will offer, and those will actually fund the project directly. Those who contract @Afilion, will be motivating him to continue to do free work for it though.

Change

I have decided to make some changes to this system already... Instead of linking your profile song, we will make tracks that you can select as your character's RP song which will be used for initialization of combat such as in the arena, and other players will be able to listen to it by right clicking your character and selecting "Play Theme Song". We may eventually force you to use your Theme Song in place of your Profile Song, but that is still undecided, and this may be a paid service only since theme songs are personalized. We're not sure if we will make default theme songs for people to choose freely, it is still up for discussion.

I hope that with these changes, more people will think this is a great RP element to be added to the game which will allow people to be more in character. This system has been postponed though, and the current state of it will remain unfinished until later.

Thank you all for your feedback. :)

• Like 2