Wyrm Waterball, and Great Fireball Techniques

Seth

30 seconds seems way too long, and in response to what Orcnan said, it should be used to dodge powerful jutsu. In one game I play, there's a smoke bomb with a 15 sec cooldown that makes you invulnerable for 1 or 2 seconds. This is normally used when someone uses a long cast, powerful jutsu. You're meant to time it so you take no damage. Anyway, loving the constant updates guys :)

30 seconds seems way too long, and in response to what Orcnan said, it should be used to dodge powerful jutsu. In one game I play, there's a smoke bomb with a 15 sec cooldown that makes you invulnerable for 1 or 2 seconds. This is normally used when someone uses a long cast, powerful jutsu. You're meant to time it so you take no damage. Anyway, loving the constant updates guys :)

I agree as well, I think a suitable balance would be around 15 seconds. I think I'll make it so you can use it multiple times before it starts cool down, as you level the technique up.

Yeah that is what I was trying to explain in my orginal post. It has a 7 second cooldown and the buff for it last 7 seconds. Even if you use it and nobody hits you, you can just reactivate it again for another 7 seconds. I don't know if any of you guys played Naruto games before on byond with substitution techinuqes but somethign like that is just ridiculous. I'd like something no shorter than 30 seconds honestly. Substitution shoudn't be something you just spam to avoid damage but should be used tactically to avoid problamatic situations.

Combat is going to be really fast paced, but it could be changed in future patches as well as the stuns on several of the Jutsus. The stuns are there to make fighting less of a pain to chase people down. I believe it may be bumped up to 12 seconds before we actually release the next alpha, but 7 seconds feels really good cause if you played the Naruto fighting game on the Xbox 360 you get 4 Substitutions to use which the game does a very good job at keeping you from avoiding damage from this.

Substitution jutsu can't be THAT great, can it? I mean... Why don't the higher tier shinobi use the jutsu so often? It has to have some kind of downside...

But, you could definitely consider a charge based jutsu-setup for this kind of ability. Have the cooldown be quite successive, but allow it to stack up to 3 times, once you use them, you'll need to wait for the cooldown. Making people be more smart about their attacks.

• Like 2

Substitution jutsu can't be THAT great, can it? I mean... Why don't the higher tier shinobi use the jutsu so often? It has to have some kind of downside...

They use other Jutsus which conceal themselves more. We can make Substitution Jutsu upgraded to a different Jutsu based on your clan or element, but having more than one conceal Jutsu is a bit over the top which is why it is the primary one at the moment.

But, you could definitely consider a charge based jutsu-setup for this kind of ability. Have the cooldown be quite successive, but allow it to stack up to 3 times, once you use them, you'll need to wait for the cooldown. Making people be more smart about their attacks.

http://i19.mangapanda.com/naruto/626/naruto-4026409.jpg

http://i7.mangapanda.com/naruto/626/naruto-4026413.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Glitch Yagyu

Honestly I'm pretty sure Kakashi had used the jutsu quite a bit. Substitution is a very useful jutsu, and I am surprised it wasn't used more than it was in the series.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_Technique

Clone technique and Substitution Technique are two different things. What you referenced was a Bunshin, not a substitution.

In a substitution, the word itself describes the ability, as it replaces your own actual body, with an object, whereas Bunshin never replaces your body with another object, instead you fool the enemy by mixing yourself in with the clones, or moving yourself out of the scene and leaving a clone behind, which simply gives the impression that you're still in the battle.

Thus, the conclusion here is that Bunshin is far more reliable and used much more widely in the higher tiers as opposed to the Kawarimi no jutsu.

• Like 1

Clone technique and Substitution Technique are two different things. What you referenced was a Bunshin, not a substitution.

In a substitution, the word itself describes the ability, as it replaces your own actual body, with an object, whereas Bunshin never replaces your body with another object, instead you fool the enemy by mixing yourself in with the clones, or moving yourself out of the scene and leaving a clone behind, which simply gives the impression that you're still in the battle.

Thus, the conclusion here is that Bunshin is far more reliable and used much more widely in the higher tiers as opposed to the Kawarimi no jutsu.

You still substitute yourself with your clone, my friend.

• Like 1

Damn you Atrox, stole my post!

It's about time the developers have decided to do something(s) and it's getting me intrigued (Nothing more) it's sad it took Rory to make a "comeback" post for it to happen.

Katon looks quite silly coming from the feet and all. Haha

Water jutsu looks like it might need a couple more frames, just seems like it's skipping in my eyes.

Substitution looks pretty sexy, except will "sneezing" set off the Kawarimi? GOA had the same issue with it's update where your substitution would set of from someone using a NON damaging / Weak damaging skill.

Amazi I'm having dinner, if you'd care to join me.

• Like 1

http://i2.mangapanda.com/naruto/6/naruto-1564912.jpg kawarimi can be used with a large range of things rabbits, logs, other people, clones etc etc... madara didn't know Hashirama was a clone thus he used kawarimi on a clone. Nice try.... wait for it...... DOE. showed the wood clone assuming everyone here reads the manga and knows what happened in previous chapters.

• Like 1

http://i2.mangapanda.com/naruto/6/naruto-1564912.jpg kawarimi can be used with a large range of things rabbits, logs, other people, clones etc etc... madara didn't know Hashirama was a clone thus he used kawarimi on a clone. Nice try.... wait for it...... DOE. showed the wood clone assuming everyone here reads the manga and knows what happened in previous chapters.

So basically you're talking about the use of 2 jutsu's together, and not just karwarimi alone.

Kawarimi doesn't produce clones alone. You'd have to use it in conjunction with a bunshin jutsu, which comes back to my original point: Nobody uses it as a sole ability anymore. :p

Nonetheless, I'm excited to see how this pans out!