Wyrm Waterball, and Great Fireball Techniques

Seth

01wcYCI.png

Seth's Development Log #6
Substitution, Wyrm Waterball, and Great Fireball Techniques

Dear Shinobi,
We've been working hard on bug fixing and balancing of the current Jutsus. Although, on top of that we've completed three new ones that will be available in the next alpha.

Substitution Technique
This Jutsu allows the user to have a short term buff that lasts 7 seconds which the cooldown is also 7 seconds, so when you are attacked it will be activated and the buff will be removed. Whenever the user is attacked, they will teleport behind and face the same direction as the enemy that hit them. This will prevent all damage from the attack or Jutsu that they casted and give you the upper hand to make the first strike!

dVjjlqf.gif

Wyrm Waterball Technique
This Jutsu allows the user to attack an enemy from range stunning them for 1 second and knocking them back.

The design of this Jutsu both the way it works and the animation at the end are likely to change.

mv8xDkO.gif

Great Fireball Technique
This Jutsu allows the user to cast a giant fireball which does area of effect damage to enemies in a 3x3 (tiles) or 96x96 (pixels) radius. It also will stun all enemies hit directly by it for 1 second, knock them back, and cause DoT (damage over time) up to 10 times within the second it lasts, but the user will be unable to move until it is finished being channeled.

Animation is still being worked on, the position of the fire is not correct.

pfqqC45.gif

Special thanks to Elk for making it.

• Like 11

I'm loving the frequent updates from both of you guys!

One thing I want to talk about though:  

"This Jutsu allows the user to have a short term buff that lasts 7 seconds which the cooldown is also 7 seconds." Does the cooldown timer begin as soon as you activate the techinuqe or when you get hit? Either way I think that is prbably too short of a cooldown. A free dodge once every 7 seconds just seems a bit too much.

"This Jutsu allows the user to have a short term buff that lasts 7 seconds which the cooldown is also 7 seconds." Does the cooldown timer begin as soon as you activate the techinuqe or when you get hit? Either way I think that is prbably too short of a cooldown. A free dodge once every 7 seconds just seems a bit too much.

When you are hit the buff is removed, you basically can use it every 7 seconds.

I updated the main post to be more informative.

So you can use the technique every 7 seconds, doesn't that still sound a bit too much. Every 7secs I can use substitution to avoid getting hit by jutsus that may have costed the enemy a lot of chakra and a cooldown(of maybe 40). Maybe the cooldown could be every 19 seconds, but then again it depends on how long (seconds) would be in this game, er, unless you have a chakra balanced that's tied to the jutsu.

Nevertheless, great job Elk,Seth,Rory.

-E-From where that fireballs coming I feel bad for Seth, it must really hurt.

So you can use the technique every 7 seconds, doesn't that still sound a bit too much. Every 7secs I can use substitution to avoid getting hit by jutsus that may have costed the enemy a lot of chakra and a cooldown(of maybe 40). Maybe the cooldown could be every 19 seconds, but then again it depends on how long (seconds) would be in this game, er, unless you have a chakra balanced that's tied to the jutsu.

Nevertheless, great job Elk,Seth,Rory.

-E-From where that fireballs coming I feel bad for Seth, it must really hurt.

Seven seconds is a lot more than you think and it can always be patched. As of now, I think 7 is pretty ideal. 19 is way too long. I think the idea of substitution is now how often you use it, but how well you use it in that regard.

Great job team. Now, I'm just waiting for the 8 Gates Update...lol

Seven seconds is a lot more than you think and it can always be patched. As of now, I think 7 is pretty ideal. 19 is way too long. I think the idea of substitution is now how often you use it, but how well you use it in that regard.

Great job team. Now, I'm just waiting for the 8 Gates Update...lol

Yeah that is what I was trying to explain in my orginal post. It has a 7 second cooldown and the buff for it last 7 seconds. Even if you use it and nobody hits you, you can just reactivate it again for another 7 seconds. I don't know if any of you guys played Naruto games before on byond with substitution techinuqes but somethign like that is just ridiculous. I'd like something no shorter than 30 seconds honestly. Substitution shoudn't be something you just spam to avoid damage but should be used tactically to avoid problamatic situations.

• Like 1

Yeah that is what I was trying to explain in my orginal post. It has a 7 second cooldown and the buff for it last 7 seconds. Even if you use it and nobody hits you, you can just reactivate it again for another 7 seconds. I don't know if any of you guys played Naruto games before on byond with substitution techinuqes but somethign like that is just ridiculous. I'd like something no shorter than 30 seconds honestly. Substitution shoudn't be something you just spam to avoid damage but should be used tactically to avoid problamatic situations.

Yea that's what i'm saying. If substitution is gonna work similar to how it was on Goa, then you can imagine how overpowered that would be. 

IE:

Sasuke uses Katon fireball, but Naruto evades it by using substitution.

Sasuke then uses weapons or regular combat against Naruto

Sasuke uses a jutsu and Naruto evades it by using substitution. 

19 seconds may be way too long, but 7 seconds is way too short. Try to even compare it with the current slow combat. I guess the admins can test this out for themselves.

Guest Glitch Yagyu

Very nice Seth & all others who helped. Love the improvement, can't wait till I can do my part for the game :)

Keep up the good work,

Amazi