Global Market

kinkaku

Question

If we're talking about a global market, I would say special items or weapons that were in the show. I wouldn't mind buying stuff with real money, so long as I have my money's worth. Similar to the system they have in Planetside 2 (if anyone here has played the game). The weapons would be not exactly overpriced, in range for a player who is a common player. But you could get a deal or a package of like 2-5 weapons/items for a little bit of money. The kind of deal you would also be getting to be included with 'buying' your weapons or items, you could also unlock them through all your characters on that account. The kinds of packages I would like to see is 2 items & 1 weapon. I wouldn't like to see 3 weapons in a package because people will less likely get the items. People will spend more on packages if they get less weapons if they wanna collect them all. I'm not rich or anything so I'm being unbiased about these packages. I would only buy 1 or 2 myself. Not everything. I think it's fair. The other thing I want to point out is that we (at least me) don't want to see a 'pay to win' kind of weapons. What this means is exactly what it would mean, you pay real money in order to be stronger then those who might not be able to purchase these weapons for whatever reason, it isn't exactly fair. This happens with every game, it doesn't make the game completely unfair & unplayable for the broke, it just doesn't make the game AS fun for them. So my suggestion is to try to make the weapons more of an appearance weapon rather then power. This doesn't mean all weapons are the same stats with a different look to it, by all means go ahead and change the way it works, just don't make it too over powered. Should've probably made my own thread on this ;)

• Like 1

If we're talking about a global market, I would say special items or weapons that were in the show. I wouldn't mind buying stuff with real money, so long as I have my money's worth. Similar to the system they have in Planetside 2 (if anyone here has played the game). The weapons would be not exactly overpriced, in range for a player who is a common player. But you could get a deal or a package of like 2-5 weapons/items for a little bit of money. The kind of deal you would also be getting to be included with 'buying' your weapons or items, you could also unlock them through all your characters on that account. The kinds of packages I would like to see is 2 items & 1 weapon. I wouldn't like to see 3 weapons in a package because people will less likely get the items. People will spend more on packages if they get less weapons if they wanna collect them all. I'm not rich or anything so I'm being unbiased about these packages. I would only buy 1 or 2 myself. Not everything. I think it's fair. The other thing I want to point out is that we (at least me) don't want to see a 'pay to win' kind of weapons. What this means is exactly what it would mean, you pay real money in order to be stronger then those who might not be able to purchase these weapons for whatever reason, it isn't exactly fair. This happens with every game, it doesn't make the game completely unfair & unplayable for the broke, it just doesn't make the game AS fun for them. So my suggestion is to try to make the weapons more of an appearance weapon rather then power. This doesn't mean all weapons are the same stats with a different look to it, by all means go ahead and change the way it works, just don't make it too over powered. Should've probably made my own thread on this ;)

Pay2Win breaks games.

1. I'd pay real money for vanity type items. Cool looking clothes/equipment, but nothing that gives a gameplay advantage.

2. An auction house for players to sell in game items between eachother instead of trading/selling face to face would be useful. WoW.

Pay2Win breaks games.

Which is why I suggested NOT doing that ;)

1. I'd pay real money for vanity type items. Cool looking clothes/equipment, but nothing that gives a gameplay advantage.   2. An auction house for players to sell in game items between eachother instead of trading/selling face to face would be useful. WoW.

Yea but again mixing it up isn't such a bad idea either, you get your money's worth. Auction house would be pretty good too. I could think of a system similar to it myself already haha. Suggestions are just flying out my ass.

Which is why I suggested NOT doing that ;) Yea but again mixing it up isn't such a bad idea either, you get your money's worth. Auction house would be pretty good too. I could think of a system similar to it myself already haha. Suggestions are just flying out my ass.

Well there isn't much to suggest about an Auction House. A simple version of what WoW has would work perfectly.

I've never played WoW.

Basically there is an Auction House in every major city. All of them have linked markets.

A player goes up to the AH, selects an item from their inventory and the quantity. Selects how much they want to sell it for and how long they want it to be listed on the AH(usually 48 hours). Then they can go off and do whatever they want(including logout). Any player can open the auction house to view all of the current items listed (with options to filter items) and if they buy an item it's instantly mailed to them.

If you're the seller and your item is bought the money the person paid for it is mailed to you and can be picked up whenever.

A lot of games have similar things.

We have already decided that it is unlikely that we will sell items for real money that are overpowered, or give that player the upper hand. Maybe items for non pvp combat, and definitely items that are just cool looking visually. But there will be no pay to win items, no hundreds of items inaccessible to all players, or $20 items. This is a community game, and we may need money to host the server, but for the most part it is a non-profit game :)

Anyways, I like the idea of a global market, kind of like the grand exchange from Runescape :) this will definitely not happen at release though!

What are your guys thoughts on player owned shops as well?

I'd much prefer to have player shops than a global auction.

I like keeping things personal and close by.

Like if you want to buy an item from someone, travel to where they put their shop up and do it. Why make the whole process just going to your local auction NPC and pressing a few buttons? Imo, its a system based around making things convenient, not fun.