Rules & Guidelines
Failure to adhere to our Terms of Service may result in permanent termination of your account.
2. 3rd party tools
3rd party tools which automate parts of the game (eg. training/farming/ranking up jutsu), acting as bots
without the user present is prohibited
- Tools that can be used to alter packets or client side data is prohibited
- Illegal tools include physical tools like placing a paperweight on your keyboard to automate ranking up jutsus while you sleep.
- Illegal tools include using younger brothers whom do not speak English to repeat a set of tasks for hours.
- Tools that automate combo-ing jutsus as long as the user is present at the keyboard, for competitive edge is allowed.
Your account and IP Address will be permanently banned from the game and forums.
5. Bug Abuse & In-Game Behavior
- Do not knowingly abuse a bug, exploit or feature, including but not limited to unfinished gameplay mechanics or programmer oversights.
- Do not use multiple accounts/clients/computers to give yourself an unfair advantage over other players.
- Do not obstruct another players path through the usage of multiple accounts, clients or machines.
These actions will result in a warning and punishment applied to your account.
- Do not attempt to scam another player.
- This includes but is not limited to scams involving real world currency.
- This is not only against our rules, but is illegal.
Your account will be terminated.
7. Moderation Appeals
- All appeals against moderation actions which has been taken on your account must be sent to a member of the community team, eg. GM or Moderator.
- You are encouraged not to protest to the community or on Discord/Facebook. This will be taken as evidence that you have not learnt anything from being caught, and all moderation appeals for lighter punishment will henceforth be ignored.
- Doing so may result in further moderation action taken against your accounts.
- My brother used my account/IP address is not a valid excuse for abuse. You are responsible for all actions performed with your account.
Failure to follow the procedure for appeals may result in your account being temporary/permanently disabled.
3. Open World PvP (Player Killing)
- Killing Other Players is allowed regardless of circumstances. It is not considered harassment to participate in open world PvP.
Players will not be punished for killing other players.
4. Abusive Behavior
- Do not harass other players eg. (OOC)
- Do not be toxic to other players (OOC)
- Do not use /v (village chat) for non-village related matters
- Do not use use offensive language or slurs (includes race, religion, gender, etc.).
- Do not purposefully evade the swear filter (eg. B1tCh)
- Show respect towards any development staff, it is not a requirement for developers to interact with players. It's not an entitlement to have direct conversation with development staff.
If you are reported by somebody who takes offense, you may be given warning points depending on severity.
As a rule of thumb, if you feel that you or somebody else could take offense from what you're about to say, don't say it.
It is not an excuse to say your in-character RP character is a guy who PMs him victims and calls them a little bitch etc. In the same way it is not an excuse to say your in-character RP character is a guy who abuses exploits and uses hacks and 3rd party programs or your in-character RP character is somebody who has the power to automate his training by turning off his mind through bots.
Eg. of an out-of-character insult "b***** n**** f**** your mom"
Eg. of an In-character insult "You fight like a b****"
These guidelines apply to any discussion in-game or in other official channels.
1. Do not spam or self-promote in the forums.
- These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites or posts with unrelated content.
- Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc.
- Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
- Double posting aka. posting twice in the same topic within a short amount of time is also not allowed.
Your account will be banned permanently.
2. Do not post Scams or Referral link threads.
- Posting pyramid scams or referral links (eg. Adbux, Adfly or any "refer 5 friends get this offer" site) is forbidden. All such posts/signatures will be edited or deleted.
- Posting anything that involves attempts to gaining money or donations is also forbidden.
Any new users posting such content will be banned permanently; contributing users will either be warned or temporarily banned.
3. Do not cross post questions / support requests
- Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum which is most suitable in which to post your question.
- If you're not sure where to post, ask a moderator first.
4. Do not post copyright infringing material.
- Do not upload, attach, or otherwise post any copyrighted material which you are not free to redistribute (subject to the licensing terms of the specific item). If you have a question about having permission to post or attach a specific item, please ask a moderator.
- We do not condone nor accept posts pertaining to illegal activities such as hacking, cracking, warez, or spam.
Any posts or threads found in violation of this rule will be edited or deleted, and the poster warned or possibly banned; at the moderation team's discretion.
5. Do not post "offensive" posts, links or images.
- Do not post anything which is offensive, hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory, obscene, vulgar or in violation of local or international laws.
- Do not post any content that is removed, locked, or punished for already.
6. Remain respectful of other users at all times.
- All posts should be courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective.
- However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule.
Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily, or permanently if the situation becomes severe enough (this will be left to the discretion of the moderation team).
7. No gigantic signature images.
- Do not use images or multiple images that result in a signature that is larger than 300px in height.
This is considered post farming. You will be given a warning.
8. Giving relevant feedback.
- If you respond in a thread by only quoting another member's post, it is spam.
- Posting twice in a row or more is also spam.
- Additionally. if you respond to a thread which solicits an opinion, please be specific.
- This won't be strictly enforced, but please make an effort to be specific and constructive when you give feedback.
Example of a bad response:
"gud idea" or "+1"
Example of a good response:
"I like this idea because *insert opinion here*."
9. Read Pinned Topics before posting.
- Pinned threads work to answer questions you may have and to provide a place for simple reports. If you cannot find the answer to your question in a pinned thread, you may start your own.
10. No quoting extremely large posts.
- Do not quote posts bigger than 15 lines in size.
- Do not quote topics having big pictures as well.
- Replace overly large post quote content with -snip- or something simple!
Your post will be edited and if this is repeated you will be warned.
11. No attempts at public shaming.
- We do not tolerate negative topics/posts which are targeted towards a certain member or staff.
- If your topic's sole purpose is to criticize the position of a staff member or to make another member infamous, it is prohibited.
- Instead, send complaints to administrators personally.
You will be given a heavy warning, in extreme cases, you may be banned.
12. No spoilers.
- We do not tolerate people who post spoilers without the spoilers tag.
- This is anything which someone would not want to know such as an anime's ending, a major event that happened in a show, and everything else in between.
- You must also explain why you have it in a spoiler tag and not just put it hidden in a spoiler.
Your post will be edited and if this is repeated you will be warned.
13. Keep all discussions on-topic
- Please keep all discussions relevant to the original post.
- Remember that announcements are not the place to report bugs or ask for technical support.
Your post will be moved to the right place and if this continues you will be warned.
Basic Respect Guidelines
Things that might get you in trouble
- Harassing or insulting moderators or staff.
- Having a persistently antagonistic, cynical, combative, sceptical or complaining attitude. For example, continuously claim that Nin Online is absolutely terrible in every way, you may quickly wear out your welcome.
- Repeatedly bringing up topics that are known to be controversial.
- Attempting to circumvent moderation activity, e.g. re-posting a locked thread.
- Repeatedly making false, misleading or wildly exaggerated statements.
- Deliberately trying to provoke a reaction.
- This extends to excessive discussion and questioning of the rules themselves, raising suspicion that you are looking for loopholes or testing the limits, or otherwise attempting to circumvent our rules.
- Complaining or harassing moderators and staff over moderation decisions, or backseat-modding (telling moderators what to do). Please take up any moderation concerns in private.
- ALL CAPS posting or otherwise obnoxious posting styles. lol.
- Consistent wild speculation or controversial theories about what’s really going on. We know banning you will probably fuel these theories, but it can get really tiresome.
- Nagging staff constantly, especially over weekends and holidays. We’re only human, and we need time off too.
- Being excessively demanding or impatient. We deal with many users, and we usually have a ton of work to do.
Consistently conducting a discussion in bad faith (i.e. with a negative intent). This can be difficult to prove decisively, but if our experienced moderators deem that you are not discussing in good faith, you may end up banned. Discussing in bad faith includes, but is not limited to, behaviour such as:
- Demanding time-consuming explanations or analysis, and then rejecting it outright
- Creating difficult or time-consuming discussions while putting in comparatively little effort yourself
- Deliberately obfuscating or confusing issues, so they take longer to resolve
- Shifting goalposts: whenever someone counters a point you raised, immediately bringing up some other contentious issue instead (e.g. “yes but what about…”) so that the discussion can never be resolved. Note that it can still create a bad-faith impression when it’s someone else who shifts the goalposts.
- Demanding impractical measures or infeasible solutions. If we say we can’t do something, it’s not because we don’t want to, or we’re being difficult, we genuinely can’t do everything!
- Accusing people of ignoring you or not caring, after they have tried to help
Game Masters will give you a warning for bad behavior, breaking any of the above rules. When you have been warned, a message like this will appear on your account, explaining what a warning is. You will be asked to acknowledge the warning before continuing to use your account in it's entirety.
What is a warning?A warning on your account is a permanent record of past bad behavior. Nin Online has a strict guideline for punishments across all accounts. However, when you accumulate past warnings, punishments increase in severity along with new warnings.
What does it mean for my account?If you have repeated bad behavior, small infractions that would usually lead to a
slap on the wristpunishment on new accounts will become bans, or even permanent bans.
Why do punishments become worse after multiple warnings?This is because a warning is exactly what it is named, it is a warning to correct that behavior and put players on the path to become a good fellow community member. If you are not on a path to rehabilitation from bad behavior, we do not want you in our community.