Nin Online is recruiting Mission Writers/Eventers

Ueda

Thanks for the overwhelming support thus far! I've been receiving so many applicants. Once again, if you are interested please send me a PM containing an example mission script which includes dialogues and explanations of what is going on in the scene.

I'm a great writer and would love to do this but I don't have the time available to finish it, sorry m8.  For those that get accepted, I wish you the best of luck and I'll believe that you guys will create great stories for us.

PS: If you write stories for the Anbu Black Ops, make them extremely difficult and very serious and if you can, make them horrifying.  I want Anbu to have to face Mini-Bosses by themselves.  ha ha break us to the core.

I was going to recommend you too haha

I think I would be able to handle this role but I have no passion whatsoever when it comes to reading/writing so best of luck to those who get accepted ^_^ But when it comes to giving ideas I can be of great help  ;)

Sounds awesome and interesting. It would literally make you a huge contributer on the making of the game. I am really good at making up stories and my English writing is alright but not to awesome. but it sounds wayyy to time consuming and just to much work.

Good Luck to the ones that get this job and don't let it consume you completely. Focus on school and other things in life, I know its a commitment to Rory and the staff but fuck em, if they try to overwork you and give you deadlines.

I wouldn't mind going for it since I'm mostly free even on school days, but it's not something that has to be done 24.7 everyday right? Cause that would suck but yea It's better then me lurking around the forums reading every post doing nothing lol. I'm taking english honors next semester so I could try some new vocabulary words :o.

So I assume the mission dialogues will be like the ramen shop thing you showed earlier: The npc will have a decently sized message saying something and the player will have a few responses, and based on how they respond the conversation changes slightly; ultimately it remains the same and relays the same information (unlike the ramen shop npc example), maybe with random references thrown in for people to find.

• Like 1

So I assume the mission dialogues will be like the ramen shop thing you showed earlier: The npc will have a decently sized message saying something and the player will have a few responses, and based on how they respond the conversation changes slightly; ultimately it remains the same and relays the same information (unlike the ramen shop npc example), maybe with random references thrown in for people to find.

NPCs can also chat through speech bubbles like normal players :)

lol man i hope that rory gets people who make the missions to understand that you cant have 2 differnet spellings of the same things

Armour/Armor

they need to know what spelling to use because inconsistances can be annoying in MMO's

I got in to programming and game development so I could share the stories that I created.

Before I pursued a career in software design I actually had a very strong background in English and creative writing in general.

I'll personally be going over every line of content added by the new developers.

As the development tools are simple input/output I'll probably be getting them to write any dialogue in a program like Microsoft Word set with a International (British) dictionary.

We take content very seriously, and I've got an eye for detail which borders on obsessive. Just ask Rory about his spelling or pixel alignment. xD

If we get any problems with possessives, Oxford commas or semi-colons etc. then I'll set up a list of writing standards on the development board.

• Like 2

I suggest story writers make it a standard to mix both American and British version of words.

Academy student player's pants become loose while chasing kittens

Player: "Not my trousers!"

---------------------------------

Elite Jounin Robin has faced countless enemies, but none more deadly than his latest foe. His now 8 month pregnant wife demanded he get her some chips. Upon arriving to the local supermarket he is faced with a tough decision. On his right, lies several bags of lays chips, and to the left he eyes a bag of neatly cut pieces of fried potatoes bathed in ketchup. He only has enough money for one, will he choose correctly? Or will he suffer through 3 more hours of incessant hysterical sobbing? Find out next time!

• Like 1