Jutsus & PvP

Whack

am guessing thats Housenka...thats why its small

i think Goukakyou will be much bigger :3

Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Technique http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Release:_Phoenix_Sage_Fire_Technique

Fire Release: Great Fireball Techniquehttp://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Release:_Great_Fireball_Technique

Lol, this is just for the people that don't know what you are talking about  :D 

Loved the video, but taijutsu seems like its gonna be at a disadvantage against kenjutsu so far also seems hard to get in close combat, but i guess if chakra is done right it will force people to have to throw some punches waiting for chakra to come back.   I give this 9/10 because its so nicely done.

You're right! at this point it really is at a huge disadvantage. We have yet to create taijutsu techniques and techniques to gain distance and lessen distance between you and your enemy. I have things planned at the moment, but you'll have to wait to see how we work it out!
  • Like 1

Also in the game, I know you guys are working hard, but make sure you guys do lots of research on the jutsu names.  Not sure what you guys are planning though.  For example, other then having an animation where your character looks like he/she is making a jutsu hand sign, it would be nice to see something along the lines of this.

"Water Release: Water Encampment Wall Jutsu" 

And this would be displayed in the chat or as words above any players head that uses it.  Of course, if you guys are going for a more stealthy approach where you don't want players to figure out what jutsu is being used, I would understand that.  As in the Anime when a new jutsu arises that nobody else has seen or heard of, it catches them off guard and an investigation ensues.

The point for me is, please use the real Anime/Manga jutsu names.  Unless of course it is a copyright problem based on Kishi, I would understand.  

Not sure if this makes sense but I'm sure somebody could clarify it up better then I.

I don't like how Kawamiri works at all, awful, unrealistic, over  power, spammable. If I had to suggest a good way for it to work, I'd say check out Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, a bar with kawamiri times you can use it, and if used, teleports you/dodges the attack and gets you somewhere not very far away from where you were, suddenly appearing behind your opponent if they attack you with a kunai is unrealistic, besides, its the worst possible, you already know where your opponent is gonna appear, if you have AoE attacks, if you have powerful projectile jutsus you can spam them until your opponent uses kawamiri, then use a powerful AoE one, dead player. Or simply use the AoE one, if he kawamiri he's getting hit still, with jutsus such as Shinra Tensei.

I don't like how Kawamiri works at all, awful, unrealistic, over  power, spammable. If I had to suggest a good way for it to work, I'd say check out Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, a bar with kawamiri times you can use it, and if used, teleports you/dodges the attack and gets you somewhere not very far away from where you were, suddenly appearing behind your opponent if they attack you with a kunai is unrealistic, besides, its the worst possible, you already know where your opponent is gonna appear, if you have AoE attacks, if you have powerful projectile jutsus you can spam them until your opponent uses kawamiri, then use a powerful AoE one, dead player. Or simply use the AoE one, if he kawamiri he's getting hit still, with jutsus such as Shinra Tensei.

It opens up lots of possibilities for counter attacks. There will be a cooldown. Chill. We might make it only dodge certain attacks.

First I'd like to say that graphic wise things are looking good so far.

But my own personal complaints would be:

1. As stated by other players, a hand sign animation added would make the jutsu look better, I believe you already made a post about having a handsign for jutsus, so I'm not so worried about this.

2. Also stated by other players, combat looks very slow. We're ninja, not heavily armored knights!

3. I dislike how you have to manually aim in their direction. It wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't stop you from moving, but it does. I heard in the past you would be adding a targeting system, that would solve that problem. Though I do also remember people complaining about jutsus auto homing in on the target. It'd be fine if the jutsu shot towards your targets, as long as it doesn't follow them like a heat seeking missile.

4. I noticed you guys kept running on top of one another. That seems like it'd be a major annoyance in a real PvP fight when you're trying to land melee hits.

~~~~~

Another question: Will it be possible to block attacks? With either another jutsu, your hands or your sword? Even if it doesn't completely stop an attack, a damage reduction would be nice.

• Like 2

1. As stated by other players, a hand sign animation added would make the jutsu look better, I believe you already made a post about having a handsign for jutsus, so I'm not so worried about this.

2. Also stated by other players, combat looks very slow. We're ninja, not heavily armored knights!

3. I dislike how you have to manually aim in their direction. It wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't stop you from moving, but it does. I heard in the past you would be adding a targeting system, that would solve that problem. Though I do also remember people complaining about jutsus auto homing in on the target. It'd be fine if the jutsu shot towards your targets, as long as it doesn't follow them like a heat seeking missile.

4. I noticed you guys kept running on top of one another. That seems like it'd be a major annoyance in a real PvP fight when you're trying to land melee hits.

~~~~~

Another question: Will it be possible to block attacks? With either another jutsu, your hands or your sword? Even if it doesn't completely stop an attack, a damage reduction would be nice.

Very well said.  I couldn't have said it better myself.  I too would like to see these things fixed and hopefully Rory and the team see's this post so that they can get on it as soon as possible.  Good stuff Zeke  :D

~~~~~

1. Yes.

2. It's to balance PvP and Lag atm. 3. I'd like this still. 4. Going to be changed.

5. Nope, only dodge.

Didn't much read the full page but I like the gameplay so far but I the movements seems a little bit to slow and it seems you have to have perfect aim. Though it is alpha and i'm sure your going to be working on a targeting system weather it's Auto Target for every skill or just Auto-Homing for special skills like fire ball and etc. Not trying to make this game rely on auto target but something needs to be done; if it's the movements or erm the combat idk something looks off but besides that 10-10 for an alpha video. Woops this was already mentioned just ignore my post then my apologies.

1. Yes.

2. It's to balance PvP and Lag atm. 3. I'd like this still. 4. Going to be changed.

5. Nope, only dodge.

So about 5. does this mean that it doesn't matter what kind of elements you have?  Such as, fire being stronger then wind and wind being stronger then lightning?  I'm fine with that system, I'm just curious.  If that is the case, it would make selecting what elements to pick alot easier on my part.  

So about 5. does this mean that it doesn't matter what kind of elements you have?  Such as, fire being stronger then wind and wind being stronger then lightning?  I'm fine with that system, I'm just curious.  If that is the case, it would make selecting what elements to pick alot easier on my part.  

Rather than giving a numeral boost of power over another element. We're going to balance elements in such a way that naturally lightning is a better way to fight against earth users.