Jutsus & PvP

Whack

Whack's Development Log #5
More Jutsus & PvP

Hello everyone, here's an update on what I've been working on recently.

Most importantly is Jutsus. In the last dev log, I spoke about Hiding & Concealment Jutsus. Hiding jutsus will make your player invisible to other players, while concealment jutsus will hide your identity. This means that they can see you, but they won't know who you are, unless they remember what you looked like. Concealment jutsus will last much much longer than hiding jutsus will. The ability to see a player using a hiding jutsu will be determined based on their chakra stat, and the hidden players intellect.

Here are the newest Jutsus.

• Cloning
  • Kawarimi
  • Elemental-based weapon speed/damage bonus
  • Stun
  • Animated projectiles

These jutsus require lots of testing, which has been done by Rory and I. In the next alpha, these spells will be used by players so that we can test for bugs and other errors. We have tested these in PvP, and on players.

Cloning Jutsu

Cloning Jutsus are used to distract and confuse other players. These jutsus do not last very long, and are buff (time) based. When used, a number of clones based on your jutsu's ability will appear around your player, which looks exactly like you in every way, shape, and form.

Kawarimi Jutsu

Kawarimi Jutsu, when used, will make you appear behind your attacker when they attack you next. If they shoot you with an arrow or fireball from 10 tiles away, you will suddenly appear behind them to fight back by surprise.

Elemental based bonuses

These jutsus will charge your weapon with electricity, fire, or other elements to increase the damage you will do to opponents.

Stun Jutsu

This type of jutsu will stun your player for a small amount of time, allowing you to get the upper hand and gain some time to cast a more powerful jutsu, or attack them without them attacking back.

Animated Projectiles

Thanks to Keezus, we now have animated projectiles for things such as fireballs, including starting up animations, as well as fading away animations and a collision animation. Animated projectiles are also now pixel based, which makes gameplay look much smoother.

And here is a video of the Jutsus in action (remember, this was to test for bugs!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFC7BoJMJrU

Also, kickback is now pixel based, which will make gameplay smoother as well. I am also working on kickback for PvP. I have also been working on many server side improvements and fixes.

Anyways, I have to go now. So thanks for reading, and hope you enjoyed the video!

Regards,

Whack
  • Like 14

Looking pretty good but please for the love of God, and I know that this isn't your main priority, but please add more key slots for our jutsu as well as make it so that we are able to move those key slots to different parts around our screen.  This will help players adjust to their own gaming style in their very own way.  Only get to this when you guys have time.  Other then that, I'm sure you guys are already working on these ideas and I loved watching the video, and as always, I enjoyed this dev log.  Good job guys.  :D  :D  :D

Looks good, but will you be able to train your movement speed because to me the combat looked a bit slow.

The combats actually quite fast, everyones running speed is the same too btw

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Were there any elemental based bonuses in that video? Didnt see any

Everything looks fantastic!

However. I feel like there should be some sort of hand sign animation going on before performing a animated projectile jutsu. It'll make thing look ten times nicer than fireballs flying from nowhere.

Yeah i agree, that would make it look nicer

Everything looks fantastic!

However. I feel like there should be some sort of hand sign animation going on before performing a animated projectile jutsu. It'll make thing look ten times nicer than fireballs flying from nowhere.

yh i totally agree, you need something similar to kimi's fireball state but apart from that everything looks great ;o

Basically what im trying to get at is that, for most jutsu's we would need to see handseals before you use the jutsu ;o

Loved the video, but taijutsu seems like its gonna be at a disadvantage against kenjutsu so far also seems hard to get in close combat, but i guess if chakra is done right it will force people to have to throw some punches waiting for chakra to come back.

I give this 9/10 because its so nicely done.