New Login System and Possibly a Release Date

Abhi

Because if it's supposed to be roleplay, and if the lore is Naruto in the future, would it make sense if someone was named after some god like Uchiha who almost killed everyone? Just an example, but because it's RP and the lore relates to Naruto's lore, it should not be allowed.

You've convinced me well XD I actually totally agree with him *facepalm*

-snip-

Really just wanting to point out to everyone how lucky they are to have someone like Abhi on the team.

I'm not sure how many of you know about the history of Nin's game engine, but I actually ran it as an open-source project between 2008 and 2011.

Only a handful of people ever surpassed the templates set out by Rory, Jacob and I, but Abhi is turning out to be one of the most proficient programmers to come out of that community.

Nin Online has a pretty bright future with such a talented group of developers working together on it.

I'm wondering, would this get rid of your account details in your config.ini?

Also, I'm going with the 18th.

I talked to Abhi about removing those. It's separate from the login system, but still something we're wanting to remove.

It's a pretty dirty hang-over from the early Origins days of '07/'08 and should never have been brought over in to a serious project.

It was my fault for not stepping in earlier and implementing all of the improvements made to the engine for the 2011 release of Crystalshire.

Whack is still the man though ;) if it weren't for him, there would be no Nin now.

Oh yeah. I think I've sung his praises a lot as well. Abhi was definitely a beneficial pickup, though.

It's been a long time since I've worked with anyone outside of our group of You, Me, Seb and Jacob. It's nice to have people who are more interested in business logic, especially with how little time I have at the moment.

Really just wanting to point out to everyone how lucky they are to have someone like Abhi on the team.

I'm not sure how many of you know about the history of Nin's game engine, but I actually ran it as an open-source project between 2008 and 2011.

Only a handful of people ever surpassed the templates set out by Rory, Jacob and I, but Abhi is turning out to be one of the most proficient programmers to come out of that community.

Nin Online has a pretty bright future with such a talented group of developers working together on it.

Thanks for that. 

from the newest Rory Dev diary

Well now that everyone has seen what we've been up to.. I hope you guys understand when I say, there's still a lot to do. We definitely won't be able to make a re-release within the next 10 days. So hold your horses for a little while! We apologize. Regards, Rory

• Like 1