New Login System and Possibly a Release Date

Abhi

Abhi's Development Log #1
New Login System And Possibly Release Date!

Hello fellow Nin Onliners,

This is my first Development Log, so please bear with me.

Almost the entire community would like to know how and why I became a developer. Along with what I am doing. 
I became a Developer a few days back. For those who don't I created the Updater. (Its open-source) and I basically helped everyone with DirectX problems. So, I thought why not just help with the game.

I am currently working on an Authentication or Login Server. 

Auth Server/Login Server

An Authentication or a Login Server a separate server that will take care of player login and other BTS stuff. This will reduce the load on the game server.

The new Auth Server is linked to the Forum MySQL database. It "authenticates" or cross-checks the username and password of the player while login with the actual data. If the details are valid then it starts filling up your account with the necessary data, including your Forum Display Name as your IGN and your forum group. All Administrators will automatically become Game-Admins and all Developers will become Game-Mods. The same with Gold Shinobis.

As most of you might be knowing Rory's going to be working on cosmetic items that will be sold in a "Forum-Store" (You can buy it from a store which is going to come up in the Forums.") When one buys items, the item will automatically be updated in the game. The Auth-Server will help a lot in this. 

Now for the best part, the Release Date. I don't want to spoil on the fun so I am not going to say much. But what I can say is that it is coming soon. (Within the next 10 days.) If anyone wants to guess when its coming up, please do so in their posts in this topic. Please do not create multiple topics discussing it. 

Best Regards,
Abhi2011 - Developer
  • Like 2

You said to guess. So i'm trying to find ways to come up with the number of days left.

Try guessing out a day in the coming 10 days. Will be a lot easier for me. 

Your first DEV log's pretty good.

The release date is in nine days

Thanks

I assume it's a crossover between php and whatever ninonline is programmed in. Does it mean you are unifying game- and forumaccount, as well as link the general character data with the forum, e.g. as overview or similar ? Any plans in that regard ?

Nice log, though. This is more my type of dev log over iconing or in-game content, so I hope to see more.

Nice dev log :) Keep up the good work. How much of a load it is going to take off the 'main' server?

Also, if we 'update' our name on the forums, will it update in-game as well?

It won't take much but it will take a bit out.

Yes updating your display name will update it in the game. 

I assume it's a crossover between php and whatever ninonline is programmed in. Does it mean you are unifying game- and forumaccount, as well as link the general character data with the forum, e.g. as overview or similar ? Any plans in that regard ?

Nice log, though. This is more my type of dev log over iconing or in-game content, so I hope to see more.

Actually, its just a basic connector connected to the SQL db. In a way we are unifying. But there won't be any highscores or anything. Something like that might come in the near future. No promises though.  

Actually, its just a basic connector connected to the SQL db. In a way we are unifying. But there won't be any highscores or anything. Something like that might come in the near future. No promises though.  

Was a simple mind that sprung up. Though it seemed the most logical, considering that you combine the forum sql within the infrastructure.