[Severe] Kill Stealing!

Ryoshi

Question

Kill stealing is currently a severe issue in the game currently, finishing missions is becoming quite a hassle when certain members simply swoop in and get the last hit and all the EXP/Kill of the respective mob. Many [new] members are becomming quite displeased and the player-base is dropping quickly due to this issue, what I suggest is that the player that hits the mob (first?) or deals the most damage gets the kill OR that there should be an EXP sharing system based on the damage each player had done splitting the overall total, example: Player 1 hits mob and does 3/5 of the damage while Player 2 does the remainder, Player 1 gets 3/5 of the EXP while Player 2 gets 2/5. 

All other suggestions are welcome as this is just off the top of my head at this point.

@Crosswise, move this to Suggestions!~

Edited by Ryoshi
  • Like 2

7 answers to this question

I don't renember stomping an ant, needing for it one more stomp to kill it, then a ninja comming and dropping water on it and getting all the profits of the kill.

Seriously, fix it. A half/half experience would be nice too instead of the damage thing, because an higher leveled player could onehit the NPC leaving the newbie with nothing.

I want to give players an option to do such a thing, but with repercussions. In future, we will let players set illegal bounties on other players. Though, you guys do have a point, and I will certainly think about making it based on who dealt the most damage. If that's possible @Whack

@Rory

If it was most damage this would happen

It should be who hits the mob first. If it was who did the most damage, then the people with swords would still be able to swoop in and 2 shot a mob.

But if it was first hit then people would just run around hitting all the mobs first then run off... 

What it should be is first hitting and commiting to that one. But then again in the future of full release when mobs get a lot stronger and you won't be able to 1 hit then most damage would do the trick and be the perfect system, but first hit.... that just doesn't suit me and I don't really mind the system as it is now.

But this would probably be your best bet below,

Another thing you can do is remove multi killing for certain mobs and make it so once you attack first you are the only one who can continue to attack (and maybe even the members of your party if you are in one) and no other player can. & If you attack a mob you are the only one who can continue to attack it but if you stop attacking for a certain amount of time it is unlocked for another player to attack then once that player attacks it just locks on him... then it just loops xD

Edited by Man