Announcing RP Missions

Ueda

RPMissions.png

We're pleased to introduce to you a new experimental feature which I've always wanted to try out.

RP Missions

Ranked ninja (Chunin and above) are now able to run RP Missions for other players in their village. RP Missions are player-ran missions that reward players to role-playing. The rewards for each mission are not substantial to the point where it is unfair if you just want to play the game without RPing, but is designed to encourage players to take a break from grinding and reward them for role-playing if they're already acquainted with the magic of it. For players who don't know the magic yet, it provides an incentive for them to give it a try.

How does it work?

1. All players can take RP Missions from the 2nd NPC at the Mission Assignment Desk (Koda for Leaf / Basho for Sand)
  2. You can take RP Missions at Levels 12, 17, 22 and 27. Each of which is a tier higher than the next.
  3. Ranked ninja (Chunin and Above) will announce their availability for an RP Mission in village chat.
  4. Ninja who want to attempt an RP Mission should form a team of 3 and find a Ranked ninja (Chunin and above) to be their team leader and host their RP Mission.
  5. The Ranked ninja will assign an appropriate task, training or RP scenario which should take estimatedly 30 minutes, or longer (with prior notice)
  6. On completing the task, they will be handed RP Tokens to claim their rewards from the Mission Assignment Desk.
  7. Ninja are encouraged to write their experiences in the village board to thank their team leader for RPing with them.

Rules & Regulations

• Players are not entitled to RP Missions, and ranked ninjas may choose to deny them at any time. If they want to RP, ranked ninja can announce that they have free time to take a team for an RP Mission.
  • Ranked ninja are trusted to be fair and are encouraged to be lenient with the reward.
  • More rules and regulations are explained in-game Ninja wanting to attempt an RP Mission will be explained the rules by the Mission Assignment Desk. Ranked ninja are explained the rules in the Jonin Standby Station.
  • Players are allowed to participate in RP Missions for fun if the ranked ninja hosting it needs additional Genin.

Conclusion
Overall, this system is implemented to put our ranking system to work and establishing a use for it. It provides a self-less but respectable benefit to gaining Chunin rank, giving the players who attain this rank a responsibility (as it rightfully should) and not an unfair advantage. It empowers them, and makes their existence beneficial to the village and encourages roleplaying, to prepare new ninja for big RP events like the Chunin exam.

I hope you all share the vision!

Regards,
Rory

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Rory said:

This is the first time in my life I've heard people asking for exams!

I would love to be apart of that, and would welcome the chance to help with these new RP missions as well..  If I didnt have to make a alt to get weapon master(Mischief), I would be a much better level to try and pass them..  But I will train hard and hopefully be at a decent level when they happen..

1 minute ago, Rory said:

This is the first time in my life I've heard people asking for exams!

Can we have a daylies mission and rp mission at the same time, i hope yes.. because no chunin... always no chunin, RORY DO YOU UNDERSTAND NO CHUNIN, NO CHUNIN, YOU HEAR THAT NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN  NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN  NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN xD i joke but i hope we can? 

5 minutes ago, IeVagabond said:

Can we have a daylies mission and rp mission at the same time, i hope yes.. because no chunin... always no chunin, RORY DO YOU UNDERSTAND NO CHUNIN, NO CHUNIN, YOU HEAR THAT NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN  NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN  NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN NO CHUNIN xD i joke but i hope we can? 

Yes you can.

3 minutes ago, IeVagabond said:

Just now, Rory said:

Yes you can.

Good man.! 

@Rory Wonderful, I am looking forward to this new exciting addition to the Nin Online community.  But yes if you do know, when would the next Chunnin Exam be and if so are the any reqs. in advance just to know before Signing up with some pals who have just joined the community?

Other then that Keep up the good work to you and all of the Nin staff out there.

So I've had my first RP Mission together with Arufa and Ilunga being assigned as Team #1 with Zintosso as our captain. To be honest, I've thoroughly enjoyed taking part in these type of missions.  I'd much rather spend 30 minutes RP'ing than doing a mission grinding and repeating the same thing over and over again. This creates more diversity as it also requires nice improvisation made by the Chunin captains.

To quickly summarise how our RP mission went: 

Team 1 was assigned to go to the Training Area Field in order to sharpen their combat skills due to the crucial and dire situation the Leaf Village is in. Before the training began the team first had to introduce themselves talking about their past, ninja aspirations/dreams and their specialties. After this Team #1 proceeded to have a Triple Threat sparring match. No Jutsus were allowed at the first half of the training. Fatally injuring or killing was against the rules. Although Shirou somehow accidentally managed to fatally injure Ilunga during the second half of the training. Luckily our medic Arufa was there in time to heal her up.  After successfully completing the training, the team head back and reported to the Hokage and finished their mission.

So I believe this brings a lot diversity towards the game, which definitely makes it a lot more enjoyable for players to interact with other players. Overall I think the exp gain is fine as it is. (13.2k exp for 30 minutes of Roleplaying would almost be equal to actual 30 minutes of grinding)

The only thing I've noted however is that the assigned leader/chunin does not gain exp for helping out on an RP mission. It would actually be nice if the leader would get at least one third of the exp originally given from the RP mission in particular. Or at least a slight portion. I think it's a bit unfair if Chunins/Jounins constantly have to do charity work for Genins, especially since everyone will be asking the very few Chunins that we have to assign them on a mission. Of course leaders have the right to accept and refuse on their own behalf, but I can expect Chunins being rather committed to their ranks and take their position seriously.

Last thing to mention though, I am rather concerned with the exploits of RP missions. One player could drag out a mission longer than 30 minutes, as another could try to cut corners and shorten it to 10 minutes. Now obviously if someone decided to repeat this process to power level, it could turn out to be a disaster. So there needs to be some sort of regulations towards that.  A timer would be nice for example.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shirou said:

So I've had my first RP Mission together with Arufa and Ilunga being assigned as Team #1 with Zintosso as our captain. To be honest, I've thoroughly enjoyed taking part in these type of missions.  I'd much rather spend 30 minutes RP'ing than doing a mission grinding and repeating the same thing over and over again. This creates more diversity as it also requires nice improvisation made by the Chunin captains.

To quickly summarise how our RP mission went: 

Team 1 was assigned to go to the Training Area Field in order to sharpen their combat skills due to the crucial and dire situation the Leaf Village is in. Before the training began the team first had to introduce themselves talking about their past, ninja aspirations/dreams and their specialties. After this Team #1 proceeded to have a Triple Threat sparring match. No Jutsus were allowed at the first half of the training. Fatally injuring or killing was against the rules. Although Shirou somehow accidentally managed to fatally injure Ilunga during the second half of the training. Luckily our medic Arufa was there in time to heal her up.  After successfully completing the training, the team head back and reported to the Hokage and finished their mission.

So I believe this brings a lot diversity towards the game, which definitely makes it a lot more enjoyable for players to interact with other players. Overall I think the exp gain is fine as it is. (13.2k exp for 30 minutes of Roleplaying would almost be equal to actual 30 minutes of grinding)

The only thing I've noted however is that the assigned leader/chunin does not gain exp for helping out on an RP mission. It would actually be nice if the leader would get at least one third of the exp originally given from the RP mission in particular. Or at least a slight portion. I think it's a bit unfair if Chunins/Jounins constantly have to do charity work for Genins, especially since everyone will be asking the very few Chunins we have to assign them on a mission. Of course leaders have the right to accept and refuse on their own behalf, but I can expect Chunins being rather committed to their ranks and take their position seriously.

Last thing to mention though, I am rather concerned with the exploits of RP missions. One player could drag out a mission longer than 30 minutes, as another could try to cut corners and shorten it to 10 minutes. Now obviously if someone decided to repeat this process to power level, it could turn out to be a disaster. So there needs to be some sort of regulations towards that.  A timer would be nice for example.

I agree the chuunin/jounin should get compensation as well so they may be more incentivized to host these missions. But I feel like the reward only coming in at certain levels doesn't really make this exploitable as it isnt repeatable. Only thing exploitable is the chuunin hosting this for exp so maybe a timer does help out here. 

• Like 1