Hawk Server

Seth

North America Dedicated Server  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want us to host a Dedicated Server for North America?

• Yes.
    • No.

How many people want us to invest back into hosting a dedicated North America server starting with Open Beta?

It is expensive for us to host two servers and we want to know if the community wants us to do this, we will switch back and forth every month for events. We can host twice the amount of events possibly in the future if we have enough resources and lock your character to having one event participation a month.

• Like 1

Guest Glitch Yagyu

I think we should stick with the Snake server, it's fine. Until there's a bigger need, there won't be a good turnout on either server. Just get as many people on one for now.

Guest Glitch Yagyu
7 hours ago, Seth said:

When Open Beta happens, the game will grow a lot. This is to see where we stand, if it matters if people have a high ping.

I'm sure it will, but I recommend just saving your money and just leaving it one for now. You guys can always buy another one at the drop of  hat, just put the amount you need to the side for when that time comes. Until it does grow, I don't see a big point. I don't really experience any lag, even back when the servers were kinda full. I know there are some laggy times, but I don't think it has a whole lot to do cause there's too many people. If that's the case I'm sure you could just upgrade too. I honestly just don't see the point for now y'know.

If the EU server reaches a peak of 300 online at once, we will definitely get a dedicated NA server. Obviously, the server will not take up most of the processing power alone. So running multiple servers on a single machine is also possible.

Guest Glitch Yagyu
12 hours ago, Seth said:

If the EU server reaches a peak of 300 online at once, we will definitely get a dedicated NA server. Obviously, the server will not take up most of the processing power alone. So running multiple servers on a single machine is also possible.

Fair enough, I just don't want to see too much invested into the server part if only 20 active people are on most of the time. I bet it'll grow quickly during BETA, though, so I have no doubt that you'll be looking to upgrade after that.

• 3 weeks later...