NINJA TOOL TECHNOLOGY: A possibility for testing a Mastery

Sirch

Question

To preface this suggestion:

Conversation over a Mastery Reset ability/item/purchase(I'm sure we've all seen similar conversations or had similar thoughts) was brought up earlier and had me thinking about this topic. I'm personally a fan of the current games decision over not being able to reset Mastery in any fashion(that I'm aware of as least). I'll leave it at that for the topic of Mastery Reset.

BUT, I do think this suggestion could be a reasonable thought that would with the educating players on Masteries and the Jutsus in Nin Online. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
NINJA TOOL TECHNOLOGY(Scientific Ninja Tools)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction of a new Nin Online NPC!
Sake Tōdo

Sake Tōdo works with all Villages on his research over Ninja Tool Technology. He brings each Village a Ninja Tool Technology Research Center, where the use of Jutsu can be provided and refined for the world of Nin. 

-----------------------------------------

Sake Tōdo will be an NPC based off the character Katasuke Tōno, mainly known for his appearance in Boruto. 
Katasuke Tono is a scientist and researcher working at Konohagakure's Scientific Ninja Weapons Team. He is introduced at the end of Naruto, and has a focused story in Boruto revolving around his belief in the Scientific Ninja Tools he works on. He believes his research with these tools can better the Ninja world. 
image.png.8d29f8cd5de47e41b506da73f29af362.png
https://boruto.fandom.com/wiki/Katasuke_Tōno

Ninja Tool Technology is based on the Scientific Ninja Tools used through Naruto and Boruto.  
image.png.45f307cfd80dee3a9ba7b48b69a1a17a.png
https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Scientific_Ninja_Tools

Ninja Tool Technology Research Centers will bring a facility to each Village where Ninja can purchase and work with the Research Centers team on Ninja Tool technology.  
Here these facilities will offer Ninja a place to purchase tools that mimic Nin Jutsu, using technology.
These purchased Jutsu will only be usable while within the Research Centers facility.

-----------------------------------------

The General Idea:
A facility is brought to each Village where players can test Jutsu while within the area. 
My original thought was give players the ability to test each Mastery while within the Academy, and I still think that is a fine idea itself, but this idea with Ninja Tool Technology is a better route, in my opinion. 

These facilities would be an area where players can purchase tools that mimic the Nin Jutsu within the game.
I would think the best directions for this is either the tool crumbles when leaving the facility(giving infinite uses after Ryo purchase).
Or, you purchase them as a per use basis similar to current Nin tools(giving single use after Ryo purchase). 

This ideas on the why's and how's can be bent a couple different ways, Sake Todo and Ninja Tool Technology is just an avatar for the system. 

Not denying this would probably be a lot of work, on multiple fronts. Just thought this could help keep the permanence that is your Mastery selections, while also bringing a system that can benefit the game by lessening the fear-of-missing-out that comes with this big decision. 

I also believe once you hit 50 and make your second selection, you should not be allowed back within the facility. 

• Like 5

4 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, Seifer said:

If it's just for testing other masteries and seeing new jutsus, I do not think it should cost ryo when it is unusable outside the building.

If it had an arena or reward aspect tied to it, then I would consider adding ryo.

Yeah thats perfectly fine too, no need for the Ryo cost, but game tends to want to try and get players to spend Ryo, which I assume is to help the get rid of Ryo so it doesnt build up within the game. Some stonks stuff. 

My thought is they'd be cheap purchases, maybe not as cheap as Nin throwing tools right now(2 Ryo), but maybe 5, 10, 25, etc etc. Not break the bank purchases, just something to keep that Ryo flow in game. 

Up to creator discretion.