Farm Calculator and DPS Calculator

Daizo

EXP Calculator and DPS Calculator

So while I was leveling up to 35, I got really bored and decided to try and figure out the best way to level up. Normally you're told to go farm at specific places at certain levels, but I realized that it actually isn't the fastest. Sometimes you might be able to kill Coyotes but you actually level up much faster with stringers. Some people might suggest going to bees sooner than later, but with the calculator you'd see which actually yields the most exp for your time.

Why make this?

The main reason is for efficient leveling at all times. While these methods would never replace Dailies, you will level up faster as a whole. The DPS Calculator is important on its own, known your DPS can help you understand how much damage you're doing vs other players. However, when you have your damage per second, you'll be able to figure out exactly how much EXP you can gain from Mobs, how long it will take to kill them and etc. With everything combined you'll know exactly what monsters to kill to get to the next level the fastest.

The Process

This journey started when I was farming Stingers in sand. The idea came to mind when I was able to kill Stingers in 4 hits but Coyotes was still 5 hits. I was wondering which was better to fight for leveling up. For the most part I would have gone to Coyotes, but instead I decided to make a calculator. 

Before this could begin, I needed to get some information. Using the Wiki I was able to make a quick spreadsheet of their health, Damage, EXP and then took the exp and multiplied it by 1.5 and then rounded down.

image.png.fd77ea711ebb718dba1750a178740035.png

Next, I had to figure out how long it would take to kill each of these monsters using your DPS. (At this time, I was just using Melee Kunai which has an attack speed of about 1 second. So it was easy to just take that number (14) figure out how many hits it would take to kill each monster (HP divided by DPS)  Take that number and round it down, then multiply the exp to 60 and divide it by the number of seconds to kill. That all basically just looks like this.

image.png.f37a955a9ae068843e2ed647b4eefc1c.png

The Flaw...

While it's easy to just put a number in, you realize that this only works with a kunai. You can't use jutsu, you can't use a pipe, fan or even taijutsu at points. That's why I decided to start working on the DPS Calculator. This is still in its infant stages as I just started making it a couple of minutes ago, but so far everything has been checking out. The DPS Calculator will factor in Ninjutsu Cooldown and Damage as well as your preference of Melee weapon and tool. To simplify things, I am converting everything to Damage per minute, creating a sum of all jutsu that you can use, then dividing by 60. As of right now, I only have a melee attack and 1 jutsu, but eventually when I am testing another jutsu, it'll still convert properly to DPS and accurately tell me the best monster to kill.

image.thumb.png.f98fc3d6f184d573124fe9b289c67e79.png

What's next?

While this might seem like a barely interesting use of time, the end goal is actually to be able to create a program that will take into consideration your elements and stats and give you not only accurate kill times, but also give you accurate damage for jutsu, weapons and tools. There still is a lot of research that I need to do in terms of jutsu scaling, weapon scaling and more, but things are looking promising at these current stages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Shocked 2