Leaf Academy Teaching Staff

Nagao Hideki

Hi All! 

With the recent influx of new players to the game I thought it would be a good idea to establish an organisation within Leaf dedicated to teaching newcomers. 

The basic idea behind the academy staff is to provide new players with information on the more important aspects of the game (masteries, levelling, pvp, missions, etc), introduce them to RP (doing Hide and Seek mission or Leaf Tags as an introductory RP event) and immerse them into the shinobi word in general. 

This organisation would be heavily RP based so bare with me here.

The ranking system would be similar to the LMPF (appears under player name): 

Headmaster 
Oversees the Academy, conducts Entrance and Graduation ceremonies, etc.

Instructors (Jonin rank teachers)
Teach 3rd grade students
(Advanced PvP, Masteries, Tactics, Recon missions to Mist or Sand)

Tutors (Chunin rank teachers)
Teach 2nd grade students
(Basic PvP, Team-work, Excursions  to the outskirts of the Land of Fire e.g. Takumi or Tanzaku villages)

Assistants (Genin rank teachers)
Teach 1st grade students 
(Basic stats, explain masteries, Hide and Seek, Leaf Tags missions)

Teacher Trainees (in case someone wants to join the staff) 
Help out higher ranking shinobi during lessons (e.g. PvP demonstrations)

Students would be organised into Classes (grades) according to levels: 

Grade 1 (lvl 1 - 10)
Grade 2 (lvl 10 - 20)
Grade 3 (lvl 20 - 30)

Classes could be announced through leaf aviary and conducted in either the auditorium or the smaller classroom. 

The idea is still a bit rough around the edges but it’s a work in progress and I think it would make the game’s RP aspect much more interesting. Lessons could be intertwined with RP I-IV with some special events here and there. This would benefit Leaf as it would create a much more vibrant atmosphere and keep new players in the loop in the early-game.

As this is a highly player based idea I’m curious about your thoughts on the matter.
Thanks for reading, all contributions are more than welcome. 

• Like 5

Systems like these do not work because:

1. There are no rewards for players to spend their time for someone else.

2. Hosting these different type of events with separate levels every now and then, more than once a week will often result in lack of people who will participate.

3. Leaf especially are incredibly lazy in that regard, they are known to sit in their square and AFK.

If you want to reach a larger audience that you want to teach and inform, it's better to use discord to spread that information and share knowledge rather than holding classes in-game.

• 2 weeks later...

Typically some of the most rewarding experiences in Nin involve materializing ideas from nothing. That said, I really like this concept. I can see you've invested a lot of thought into it and with a little more tweaks and/or simplifications this org can prove to be a great asset to the village. 

I think if the focus of the org is to permit aspiring Chuunin promotee's ("Advanced Genin" and Special Jonin) to have a sole location where they can help growing lowbies with general mastery tips and/or permit these instructors to conduct RP missions (with a ranked shinobi supervising of course) it will indirectly create those "Naruto-Genin chronicle" vibes all while providing lowbies with a more reliable method to getting their RP missions done. The instructors would probably benefit the most, considering with this system, they can essentially help build their own ninja resume if you will, having the credibility of all their feats as an academy instructor via how many roleplay missions they've done all compiled in one org for the Kage's convenience. Its common for shinobi to achieve the rank of Chuunin and/or Jonin and not be up to doing roleplay missions, which there's nothing wrong with, it happens. With this system, you could run the org with it essentially incentivizing itself, helping all tiers of ninja whether they're ranked, aspiring promotee's, and lowbies, alike by upkeeping the consistency of individuals to conduct these RP missions. And that's just the surface value, you can still sponsor your own village events as the Headmaster occasionally to upkeep the morale of your org while in turn raising awareness of your org.

I gravitate toward these kinds of ideas because its things like this that give Nin a little more color, making the virtual world a little more immersive. Naturally this is all just a suggestion, As stated above, if you do choose to attempt to begin this org you cant negate the realistic variables such as difficulties upon startup and getting initial cooperation. All the same, its not impossible. You get what you put in to it. It's nice to see other's attempting to create these kinds of org's in attempts to advancing the performance and structure of their village. Good luck!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2. Hosting these different type of events with separate levels every now and then, more than once a week will often result in lack of people who will participate.

I kind of agree with Souei in this regard, but I've been helping new players for a while. The biggest issues they have are general knowledge of the game, PvP experience, and help with doing missions that are outside of the leaf. So, I think that having a teaching organization will be very helpful to new players and help them transition into the game. This could also prevent new players from becoming frustrated and quiting (from getting killed all the time by high lvls), while also introducing the RP aspect of the game. So, I think that even if nobody shows up, it could be a nice option for new players. I would be down to help host one every week or so even if nobody shows up. Also, I was also more attracted to the RP aspect of the game when I first joined, similar to what Yousei Reiketsu said. Gives a nice break from the grind of the game as well.