Server Changes and Maintenance

Seth

ok men I'm sorry for the inconvenience I just thought having exact date for the purpose of maintenance

It is that we must be patient all good things is worth waiting

You don't need to apologize, just know that fixing issues is not as easy as it looks. The entire staff is working hard to get this game running at full strength and they just require us (the players) to be patient, show our support and understanding that they can't give us an eta on it :)

Too many players keep bugging me over an alpha, my life is almost ruined cause of it.

Your level of transparency and community interaction is unparalleled. You should hire a buffer if it's causing you that much trouble. We love that you post and answer people directly, but honestly, you don't have to. If your plate is full and you're working hard, those "wen we can play?" posts shouldn't be your responsibility to answer. Get a PR person for the forums (or dedicate someone from the staff who is already active), lay down the rules, and let him/her answer the dumb/easy questions while you focus on the real stuff.

Just a suggestion. You're awesome Seth.

• Like 5

I try to be transparent even if I piss people off, because the world is super not transparent. I try to be the opposite of the what the world is. Even if I do the grunt work, at the bare bottom it enables me to know what exactly is going on rather than getting messages from people at the bottom that may not be the exact truth. Whenever the time comes that the games I make are so big that I cannot do the support, I still will check the forums out. Just reading what others say and not responding is much faster than actually responding to each request. Of course, I do need to cut back and not do this as much, but it has taught me a lot in the process.

Edited by Seth
  • Like 1

I try to be transparent even if I piss people off, because the world is super not transparent. I try to be the opposite of the what the world is. Even if I do the grunt work, at the bare bottom it enables me to know what exactly is going on rather than getting messages from people at the bottom that may not be the exact truth. Whenever the time comes that the games I make are so big that I cannot do the support, I still will check the forums out. Just reading what others say and not responding is much faster than actually responding to each request. Of course, I do need to cut back and not do this as much, but it has taught me a lot in the process.

Honestly i think you should maybe create a little Support Team who's answering that kind of questions, it would be horrible if you can't enjoy this project anymore because of people who don't listen or just can't accept facts they might don't like. .-.

Honestly i think you should maybe create a little Support Team who's answering that kind of questions, it would be horrible if you can't enjoy this project anymore because of people who don't listen or just can't accept facts they might don't like. .-.

I have got over it, I just won't visit the chat room anymore.

Although many still asking about the game status, you team guys can't forget about we that completely understand the situation and patiently wait for some outcome. I believe it's hard to deal with it, but looking at the bright side, people really want to play your game, so maybe you have to be patient too...:P

\o/

Although many still asking about the game status, you team guys can't forget about we that completely understand the situation and patiently wait for some outcome. I believe it's hard to deal with it, but looking at the bright side, people really want to play your game, so maybe you have to be patient too...:P

\o/

Just saying, complaining about rollbacks over and over, moaning about wipes etc. <- i wouldn't say most people understand. - asking for the Online Status is probably the least problem.

Edited by Konahri

Guest Glitch Yagyu

It is my job (as a GM) to take care of support, and I apologize greatly for my lack of doing so. We don't need anymore staff, but I will do my best to step up my game this next week to answering Support Questions.

Edited by Yuko

We're working on being more planned with our maintenance, we should follow a schedule although this is a problem only in alpha. It seems like even having a Server Status banner did not do the trick. I don't know how else to communicate to people who don't know how to look.

• Like 3