Sam gfxing

Sam

Not bad for a first try however your sigs don't have any flow to them and you have a bunch of c4d's over your render which, especially in the last one it makes it hard to see. Try Googling some tutorials. Here is a good one I found.

I barely use any C4Ds  ^_^

but thanks for the tut

Tutorials are good and all but you'll learn a lot quicker and more productive through trial and error, as well as constructive criticism if you take in what others say.

Uzawak pretty much said what needed to be, as you're new to it. I'll say this though. When it comes to "art" Less is more.

Overall. Gewd jarb

Nobody likes critics, but I always listen to them as i know I'm not good at this gfxing stuff... yet ))

I don't really like groundless critics as the one about the C4Ds... as previously stated, I almost never use them

I learned a lot from tutorials and the one Uzawak provided I really liked it

@Uzawak I also didn't understand what you meant by the fact that they don't have a 'flow'?

@Sam the flow of the sig is making sure that it is all going the same direction. If you think back to when you were a kid, when you would colour in an image you would colour it all in the same direction. If you look at my sig for example, everything is going from right to left. Another good example I can think of if he will let me use it is Aido's, it goes from the bottom left to the top right of the render. Essentially you want the background to be going the same way as the render.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I definitely agree with what you said, but what I can add is that it’s easy to go with the flow when it’s evident. I mean there are renders/stocks from which is easy to do something (like the 2 examples you have). Maybe I don’t yet have an eye for this stuff.

Initially I had a good background for the render that went well with the flow (from down up?? )), but as I previously said, I have this tic that it never seems enough and I keep adding more and more stuff and effects (not C4Ds :p) and I end up messing-up the whole thing… it rarely ends up well

I’ll keep trying and I hope to receive comments about my works in the future… be they good or bad

There used to be really good siggy artists on the forums I went to, so I just looked at theirs, guessed how they did it, and tried to imitate certain effects with what I knew. I think this worked well for a start, after that I looked more at tutorials and learned cool tricks like distorting the edges of my characters :3

Wow, you are talented! May I ask what program(s) you use?

Thanks, but I think I'm still novice, although I'm somewhat close to mastering PS CS6 - that's what I'm using at the moment

I've also used the previous versions, CS3, 4 and 5 too

what i like about CS6 is the animation feature, although I've used it only once (successfully), but I didn't know how to export to .gif file

@YamiDragon here is your sig, turned out ok i guess, but you're free not to use it if you don't like it

Posted Image