Ueda

Twice a month is a really low rate considering the amount of players that could be playing. But that's your decision. The RP elements of the game bring so many complications. I tend to avoid RP games altogether and favor pure PvP so I'm not sure how I would fare in a mixture of both. Hopefully, there are no harsh rules against foregoing the rules of RP if one intends to play solely for PvP...

Twice a month is a really low rate considering the amount of players that could be playing. But that's your decision. The RP elements of the game bring so many complications. I tend to avoid RP games altogether and favor pure PvP so I'm not sure how I would fare in a mixture of both. Hopefully, there are no harsh rules against foregoing the rules of RP if one intends to play solely for PvP...

Please read the first page of this thread, 

So unless you RP you can't participate in events? Seems a bit unfair and biased towards RP players. I thought the game was RPvP but if the core elements of the game hinge on the fact that you MUST roleplay, then it isn't much of a hybrid as I expected. 

You have to consider the fact that indeed, some only play for PvP, and instead of leaving that demographic behind, systems should be put in place to accommodate them.

People who complain about a LITTLE Roleplay are just butt hurt illiterates who can't even write a paragraph or two. How the heck they made it past their literacy grammar class on the High School level is beyond me. Must have had dumb teachers or something. 

So unless you RP you can't participate in events? Seems a bit unfair and biased towards RP players. I thought the game was RPvP but if the core elements of the game hinge on the fact that you MUST roleplay, then it isn't much of a hybrid as I expected. 

You have to consider the fact that indeed, some only play for PvP, and instead of leaving that demographic behind, systems should be put in place to accommodate them.

ALL FIGHTING IS PVP. Dont know why people dont understand this. When they say RP it means you are acting like your character as far as speech. All fighting is PVP. All fighting is PVP. All fighting is PVP. Do I need to say it again? This has been explained and reexplained countless times. The chuunin rank implies that you are in the Naruto universe. If you don't rp how can you be a chuunin? You're just some guy behind a computer killing things so you don't need the rank. 

• Like 1

I need the rank to satisfy my desire for ranks. Period. And @Toshio, please get your mind out your ***. Just because people don't like roleplaying doesn't mean they don't know common grammar. You are not God and thus, your opinion could mean squat to anyone. 

And @, then if I just want to PvP, consider my character one from the Naruto universe with delusions of a person being controlled on the outside by a different being wishing me to kill and do as he pleases. -_-. Basically, your theory just gave way to the fact that I needn't RP and just pretend that I RP, which is indeed RPing and.. :o Infinite loop... Error. 

Btw, not all fighting is PvP. When you roleplay a fight, it's called roleplaying not PvPing. Doesn't mean you're not fighting... Just means you are fighting with speech bubbles. Yay! 

I need the rank to satisfy my desire for ranks. Period. And @Toshio, please get your mind out your ***. Just because people don't like roleplaying doesn't mean they don't know common grammar. You are not God and thus, your opinion could mean squat to anyone. 

And @, then if I just want to PvP, consider my character one from the Naruto universe with delusions of a person being controlled on the outside by a different being wishing me to kill and do as he pleases. -_-. Basically, your theory just gave way to the fact that I needn't RP and just pretend that I RP, which is indeed RPing and.. :o Infinite loop... Error. 

Btw, not all fighting is PvP. When you roleplay a fight, it's called roleplaying not PvPing. Doesn't mean you're not fighting... Just means you are fighting with speech bubbles. Yay! 

All fighting in this game is pvp. Actually read what the owner has posted. Itll go a long way. Rp in this game is limited to when you talk to your companions during events, you speak as your character. That is about the extent of it. I dont understand why people cant comprehend this.

Furthermore, I dont understand why people are bitching and complaining about something that isnt their decision. Rory has said many times this is HIS dream game. If you dont like that get out of the way. Were just here to offer support because we think its going o be great.

And finally, if you wish to senselessly kill with no backstory whatsoever I recommend COD. Since you're playing a game based a A BOOK for christs sake. I would think it would be common sense that some story telling is involved.

All fighting in this game is pvp. Actually read what the owner has posted. Itll go a long way. Rp in this game is limited to when you talk to your companions during events, you speak as your character. That is about the extent of it. I dont understand why people cant comprehend this.

Furthermore, I dont understand why people are bitching and complaining about something that isnt their decision. Rory has said many times this is HIS dream game. If you dont like that get out of the way. Were just here to offer support because we think its going o be great.

And finally, if you wish to senselessly kill with no backstory whatsoever I recommend COD. Since you're playing a game based a A BOOK for christs sake. I would think it would be common sense that some story telling is involved.

That's not how PVP-RP works. Just going to put this out here as someone who has not only role-played for 10+ years but someone who did a lot of video-game PVP-RP. (5+ years on WoW alone.)

If you're in PVP-zones an enemy has ALL the right to come kill you whether you are RP'ing or not, or they are RP'ing or not. It's your choice whether you acknowledge this in the canon of your group's roleplay, but you cannot tell people PVP'ing they cannot kill you. You just can't. It's PVP and if you can't handle that YOU can get out of the way.

(This is coming from someone who put's RP first btw.)

Now, there is a difference between innocent fun for some players and griefing.

If you feel that someone is griefing you- purposely killing you to interrupt your gameplay, then I'm sure there will be means to report the player.

Oh I do play CoD and several online shooting games fore the sole purpose of the competition of PvP. And I respect that this game is Rory's vision of what he wants it to be. But it must also be understood that the soon-to-be players albeit supporters, are also somewhat stakeholders. When you want others to live in your dream, sometimes it's necessary to make adjustments if it favors the populous.

Well, i wouldn't call it a book. Japanese Comic, really.

I'm pretty sure Rory said RP could extend to however much you want it to. You can get through chuunin with no RPing, there's no admin saying "Did you just call him bro?! People don't say Bro in Naruto you fucking noob, now get out of my game,". You don't have to talk to your chuunin teamates with -kun at the end. If you just want to PvP, you'll be able to play the game. You might have to get through the awkwardness of someone emote hugging. I've seen it. If you've played GOA, then you know some of the "politics" that were included in Villages(Factions, Kage Voting, Exiles, Village Hate), so i'm guessing at most you'll have to bear through that.

@Toshio Just because someone doesn't want to create a backstory for a character in a game; doesn't make them illiterate, it's just their personal preference. I, for one, am not going to be making an extensive backstory to explain why I do anything. Not because I can't, because I don't want to.

• Like 2

Quoting Rory from the FAQS section :

"You start off as an Academy Student, finish some storyline missions / tutorials, and you get to Genin rank. You stay there for awhile, and if you participate in the monthly Chunnin Exams Roleplay Event and win, you will become a Chunnin. "

here :