Ueda

Excuse the GOA community, they're not used to RP games and having good GMs. Anyways I assume GMs would be admins and devs on the forums. Now something I just thought up will our accounts have a limit on how many characters can be associated with them? Also would everyone be able to see the Ninja Biographies?

Speak for yourself. This is a PVP game. What is being done is that they're throwing in Naruto-canon RP in the game with PVP. It just sounds all wrong & I'm not the only one who disagrees with what is being brought up here. As far as I'm aware, I've never come across a 'good GM'. Giving power to any single person is just power waiting to be abused because it will get abused at some point. I don't see the need for any Village Game Master when we have Kages. From what I've seen is that if you misbehave for a split second, you're getting banned. That's a little overboard.

I can see majority of players going to be missing so they don't have to deal with too much control over higher power.

Speak for yourself. This is a PVP game. What is being done is that they're throwing in Naruto-canon RP in the game with PVP. It just sounds all wrong & I'm not the only one who disagrees with what is being brought up here. As far as I'm aware, I've never come across a 'good GM'. Giving power to any single person is just power waiting to be abused because it will get abused at some point. I don't see the need for any Village Game Master when we have Kages. From what I've seen is that if you misbehave for a split second, you're getting banned. That's a little overboard.   I can see majority of players going to be missing so they don't have to deal with too much control over higher power.

Actually, it's not solely PVP, it's a mixture of PVP, PVE, and RP. However, I agree with mostly everything else you said, so many loopholes :(

Stop complaining about a system that you haven't even experienced 1st hand yet. How do you know if it works or not yet, this is not a Byond game, these are not those butt-hurt Byond Gms, and Rory and his staff aren't Byond Game Owners. Experience the system 1st, then you can bitch about it all day long if you want, withhold judgment until then.

• Like 2

wow... so much politics is discussed and involved here. I'm not sure i like it ))))

but personally, i would like to see how it all works in-game before making any conclusions... i doubt you can foresee everything on a forum thread (some of you guys are just causing drama right now)

I like the idea of an NPC GM, he would surely be un-biased... but i'm assuming that would be extremely hard, if not impossible, to code

One question... in the anime/manga, chuunin exam preliminaries were held only because too many passed the forest of death... in case there are few who do, then you should proceed straight to the finals i guess

I like the permadeath and Kin idea... i just hope it won't be too slow to level-up... and i also think that the death boost shouldn't be too small

and will there be a Kage election in this early Alpha release?

Looking good and keep it up!

• Like 2

I just don't want to be forced to take forever to get level 100. On GOA it took me 3 years with me playing a lot 2 of those years(I'm not comparing just saying that some people prefer to fight and enjoy instead of leveling and being a bore. 

I kinda agree that trying to explain every detail of the system and every possible outcome on a forum thread is... post farming  :mellow:

More seriously, it's just gamers speaking from experience in different games

I can see some loopholes that haven't been mentioned, based on games I have played... but at this early stage, the only things i'm willing to argue are as stated by few above me :

- chunin exam : if there aren't many people finishing the forest of death, will there be preliminaries?

- ninja academy : is it me or the door in your picture is by the upper end of the classroom? since i think it should be next to the front desk...

- i think there should be an option in-game to check someone's profile : level, rank, missions, nin/tai/gen preferences, clan/bloodline, team, jounin... and here, those who'd want to become chunin, should create a small resumé of their biography (4 lines)

- if 2 kages wanna make peace somewhere and a third village finds out about this, can he send all his village shinobi to kill both kages? is this foul play?

PERMADEATH : maybe leave out the permadeath system from RPE all in all

I mean, genin's should have 0% of dying in chunin exams.

Also a level 20 genin dying in the chunin exam, will start all over but with a little boost and i don't think doing 20 levels again is going to be that hard, so he'll try to die again in the next chunin exam and so one, so that he'll always get better stats...

Maybe there will be new cool events added later on and people will be afraid to participate.

The way i see it, "passing of will" (PoW) (a.k.a. permadeath system) should be left for :

- lvl90-lvl100 shinobi, they should be presented with two options at al times : 1° either stay like this and just visit the world, go Jiraya-style, stay strong, protect the village, help the youngsters, rob people... idc. 2° or if you think you loved the game and you have the guts to start all over again, you'll be able to "get old, die and pass on your will to a member of your family" by requesting so from a GM/Admin, which would give you SMALL/LITTLE/SLIGHT boost stats, to be fair to others and also so that you don't start like the others to be fair to you. WARNING!!!! If you're not motivated enough to do it again, just stay quiet and live your peaceful life at lvl90-100 and maybe wait for events (or build a clan if this will be a possibility later on)

- kage : i think a kage should be exposed all the time to PoW (what if there's a Coup d'Etat and there's nothing to do to the kage since he's in the safe zone of his office?). There should be NPC guarding him almost all the time, people who love him should jump to help him, people who don't either get abused or wait for the next elections, or just do the Coup. And a PoW for the kage should be the same as for everyone else (something like Hiruzen becoming Konohamaru).

But still, I'm just puting all this sh** here more like "how i see it" and not to forget. I still wanna play the game before saying that the ideas already thrown out there are rubbish (mostly because i really don't think they will be, seeing how the admins are in to this). They should mostly concentrate on releasing the gale as they see fit, ignoring system changes on behalf of players for now and only taking into account small adjustments and art changes. And only afterwards, should there be slight problems, they should look through these forums, pick up ideas and maybe poll them.

So : Haters Gonna Hate! Love and Peace! And really getting annoyed when people criticize without even trying...

PERMADEATH : maybe leave out the permadeath system from RPE all in all

I mean, genin's should have 0% of dying in chunin exams.

Also a level 20 genin dying in the chunin exam, will start all over but with a little boost and i don't think doing 20 levels again is going to be that hard, so he'll try to die again in the next chunin exam and so one, so that he'll always get better stats...

Maybe there will be new cool events added later on and people will be afraid to participate.

Regarding this, Rory said that the "re-birth" boost will depend on the level you permadie on... so at lvl 20-30 it should be so insignificant that even dying 20 times will make such little difference that it's not worth it at all

Edit: I like the term Permadeath more than other options... such as passing of will???... what are you? kindergarten kids?

Urgh. So much tl;dr posts.

I read briefly, it seems you guys still don't understand the system well enough, and are still comparing the game and it's staff to the 13 year olds running BYOND games. If you haven't noticed, this isn't BYOND. You will not face corruption from the staff themselves. We are here to provide a fun gameplay.

About the game being a purely PvP game, this has never been said.

The game is open to people who would like to play the game for only the PvP elements.

You can level, you can get to max level, learn every jutsu without being a Kage, so if its not your thing to participate in RPE, it is your choice.

Permadeaths do not make you lose your gear.

Permadeaths only happen to people who want to gain ranks above Genin.

Permadeaths only give a minor stat boost like 1 point to each stat.

People will not farm permadeaths because the difference in power is so minor.

To farm permadeaths you would need to constantly be joining RPE which aren't as frequent as you imagine.

To die permadeaths in an event could actually be a challenge since medical ninja will be on site to heal you whether you like it or not.

GMs will not stop playings from making decisions, or being corrupted.

They will stop Kages from being douchebags and/or promoting toxic behavior.

I might increase the time a Kage serves.

This way it would be more important for people to kill Kages they dislike during a RPE. :)

I just don't want to be forced to take forever to get level 100. On GOA it took me 3 years with me playing a lot 2 of those years(I'm not comparing just saying that some people prefer to fight and enjoy instead of leveling and being a bore.

A mistake here is assuming that leveling in Nin Online will be boring like a BYOND game.

We have an actual storyline and unique missions.

Compare Nin Online to an actual MMO, with actual content to fill up 100 levels.

• Like 3

One question... in the anime/manga, chuunin exam preliminaries were held only because too many passed the forest of death... in case there are few who do, then you should proceed straight to the finals i guess

Ou, that I didn't know. Thanks, I'll definitely need to put this into the manual. :) I'd like that the Chunin exams be open for last minute mix ups or improvisation.

GMs will not stop playings from making decisions, or being corrupted. They will stop Kages from being douchebags and/or promoting toxic behavior.  

As strange as it may sound, we WANT the douchebaggery and the promoting of toxic behavior. It will give us more of a reason to assassinate the asshole,  it gives us more numbers so that these Coups actually work instead of it being 3 guys who don't like how the Kage uses lol in capitol letters.

• Like 3

@Sam It's just because there were previous posts saying that it's too "negative" talking about permadeath (and especially since it's not really "perma" as i see it, just a rebirth...)

"Insignificant boost" maybe, but still a "cowardly" boost. And I  only replied since you said in a post before " and i also think that the death boost shouldn't be too small".

@Rory 

Permadeaths only give a minor stat boost like 1 point to each stat. We still don't know how many stat points will have the average Academy Student, Genin, Chunin etc.

To farm permadeaths you would need to constantly be joining RPE which aren't as frequent as you imagine. OK, this eases my mind, thank you.

To die permadeaths in an event could actually be a challenge since medical ninja will be on site to heal you whether you like it or not. This made my day xD I want Ino to give me "medical assistance"  :rolleyes:

They will stop Kages from being douchebags and/or promoting toxic behavior. And this made me wanna sell drugs on NinOnline ("And here's a candy to boost your stats, my cute little ninja"  :lol: )

But seriously, I guess you're right about the fact that people playing this will be a little more "grown-up" (maybe since the series is so old already). Should make a topic/poll with everyone's age (but they'll probably cheat as always...)

And as I previously asked : "- if 2 kages wanna make peace somewhere and a third village finds out about this, can he send all his village shinobi to kill both kages? is this foul play?" (I mean, if they didn't tell a GM before what they had in mind)

As strange as it may sound, we WANT the douchebaggery and the promoting of toxic behavior. It will give us more of a reason to assassinate the asshole,  it gives us more numbers so that these Coups actually work instead of it being 3 guys who don't like how the Kage uses lol in capitol letters.

I like this idea, but still, just to some extent... a reasonable extent )

Would you like if your local Kage was giving ranks to his irl friends and selling it to you for irl money? Not everyone appreciates broken games like the BYONDers :/ I'll be both head and village GM for a start, when there's only leaf village. So there's no worry about abuse to me.

No, that's why i would get my friends, tell other villagers, and assassinate him.

I don't see how it's broken. Abusive Kage = Killed by villagers. Panzy villagers = Abusive Kage

O_o i don't think anyone in GOA, as far as i know, has ever sold ranks for money.

By then damage would have been done. New players would have quit. People would get unhappy, and GOA will repeat itself. How do we justify people being higher ranked than others because they are friends with Hokazekage IRL? New players would just quit upon hearing such a thing. Maybe one of the reason why GOA is dead.

• Like 1

You could say the same thing about permadying, or dying and losing your items.

Who needs people who quit on the drop of a dime?

You don't justify it, you let the players have FUN in taking out this abusive kage.

GOA Kages let people they liked get rank ups and we couldn't do anything about it

The difference between GOA and NinOnline, would be that we would be able to DO something about it.

What if new players hear that a group of players took down their abusive kage? That sounds fun and bitchin' to me.

GOA is dead for many reasons, kage abuse not being one of them. The only thing that an oppressed vilager would do is grind through it or go missing, he would never quit. That's a silly ass reason to quit a game.

You could say the same thing about permadying, or dying and losing your items.

Who needs people who quit on the drop of a dime?

You don't justify it, you let the players have FUN in taking out this abusive kage.

GOA Kages let people they liked get rank ups and we couldn't do anything about it

The difference between GOA and NinOnline, would be that we would be able to DO something about it.

What if new players hear that a group of players took down their abusive kage? That sounds fun and bitchin' to me.

GOA is dead for many reasons, kage abuse not being one of them. The only thing that an oppressed vilager would do is grind through it or go missing, he would never quit. That's a silly ass reason to quit a game.

I agree with Rory that there would be damage done that couldn't be undone

and if you try to overthrow the kage, you would have to kick out his friends as well... this could result in a large number of missing-nins