The World of Anthology

Stephen

Alright so for the past couple days, I've been working with a friend of mine to transfer an old Dragon Ball Z game that I made on BYOND over to Unity. I have prior experience coding in C++ due to learning it both before enrolling in college and also learning it in the more traditional sense in my previous two semesters of college. Long story short, I've been reading every piece of documentation known to man on the topic of Unity and how it works with Top-Down 2D RPG style games. Of course during these past couple days I've learned a lot of about the Unity that I honestly didn't even know about until I decided to jump into it's Development Community.

In this forum topic I'll post constant updates of things that I encounter, for those who are interested. I doubt anyone is but I'm pretty proud of myself for stepping out of my "BYOND" Game Development comfort zone.

Anywho, here's to my new journey!

15 July 2015, After much discussion with some of the previous staff of the game titled "Dragon Ball: Anthology" we agreed to drop Dragon Ball from the title and simply call the game "Anthology" and begin forming our own story and character designs. The game will be loosely based on the Dragon Ball Universe while retaining it's distance from the actual canon.

• The Introductory Story was set as;

It is a time of war in the Galaxy.
Mankind fights to defend its home from extra-terrestrial invaders. The humans of Terra are a technologically advanced civilization. While they possess a number of powerful martial artists, their main power comes from their ability to TRAIN those warriors with advanced nutrition and supplemental exercise machines. They have reached out to Planet Gymn, and enlisted the aid of the Gymnosálians, a slug like race of warriors and wizards. Passing on their knowledge of "Biazo", translated to Ki in the human tongue, they've supplemented the Human ranks swiftly. The warriors of Terra and Gymn made a formidable alliance, fighting off many of the alien invaders.

That is, until the Affemensch arrived. Affe for short, they were savagely cunning fighters, and powerful beyond all reason. The Affemensch were almost identical to humans, save their denser musculature and ape like tails. Raised and trained on a world of varying degrees of gravity, the Affemensch were brutal in their tactics. They were practically immune to conventional weapons, and each one had a goal. Each one sought to become the Ubermensch, a powerful warrior of legend. Terran scientists managed to take one Affemensch hostage, requiring nearly an entire batallion to subdue the injured woman. Discovering that Mankind and the Affemensch had a common extraterrestrial ancestor, they began a controversial breeding program. Artificially inseminating their captive and accelerating her labor, they spawned a slew of Halfbreeds that they brainwashed and sent to live among the Affemensch, making them sleeper agents. But only half of them even survived the trip into space so young, and even less actually retained the reprogramming, due to the heavy impact of the gravity, and training with their instructors who albeit, thought they were pure.  

**Each race listed in the story above is further detailed in more of our design documents, however at this time all story and names of said races are subject to change. 

• The rough draft of the Affe's First Area was completed, along with the placing of Polygon Collision Boxes.

​

WunJHll.png

• A basic camera script was written, allowing the dynamic adjustment of the camera speed, range of view and the camera's focus target.
  • The first in-game screenshot was also taken, despite the only available thing to do being walking around the map and testing for collider box misplacements.

DzbWnOL.png

Hopefully someone here takes interest in my little summer project, if you're a developer yourself and Rory didn't already snatch you for his team... Feel free to hit me up here in my PM Inbox, if not then enjoy keeping up with my progress over the next few weeks and months!

• Like 1

Guest Glitch Yagyu

In this forum topic I'll post constant updates of things that I encounter, for those who are interested. I doubt anyone is but I'm pretty proud of myself for stepping out of my "BYOND" Game Development comfort zone.

Well hey now. Self pride is the best thing out there! Good luck and I'd also like to get to know some of this stuff. I'd really like to get into game development, but I just don't know where to start. I haven't even made the attempt of finding out what I should be learning...

Well hey now. Self pride is the best thing out there! Good luck and I'd also like to get to know some of this stuff. I'd really like to get into game development, but I just don't know where to start. I haven't even made the attempt of finding out what I should be learning...

I made the attempt of finding out when I first started college... all I found out was that it was not for me haha did however find out that design was for me!

Sounds like a nice little project I'm interested. Keep us informed for sure!

It's actually kind of ironic, because I grew up on Dragonball Z as a child however, for some reason now, I just don't feel it anymore.

I mean, I love the old school Dragonball and Dragonball Z, but this new stuff isn't me at all with that whole, Super Saiyan God deal.  Anyways, besides that, I wish you the best of luck with this bro.  Keep on working hard at what you love to do and the reward in the end will be totally worth it!  :D

• Like 1