Alpha Progress Update

Seth

We're going to release the game fairly early to Early Access and try to get Open Alpha 3 out in less than 2 months afterwards. This is the last wait, after this the game will remain open for many months for everyone. We need to prepare for a big lengthy test. The game is going to have a hard time remaining active as is, since there's not a lot of content.

I hate giving dates cause they are hard to meet, but right now there's plans for a test in the coming weeks. Expect it in less than a month, most likely less than 2 weeks.

This is what helps make the game possible. We do Early Access tests, because it allows us to test it like a real test. Once we fix all the bugs and problems, this won't be a problem in the real launch. This is why we spend so long ensuring the game will do well on launch day. Launch day for alpha is not the same as beta or release, but we have further plans to port the game to a new engine during beta which won't take that long. Although, we're keeping the game up and developing it side by side with additional programmers. It is a long journey for us, but we want the game to be successful.

• Like 3

We're going to release the game fairly early to Early Access and try to get Open Alpha 3 out in less than 2 months afterwards. This is the last wait, after this the game will remain open for many months for everyone. We need to prepare for a big lengthy test. The game is going to have a hard time remaining active as is, since there's not a lot of content.

I hate giving dates cause they are hard to meet, but right now there's plans for a test in the coming weeks. Expect it in less than a month, most likely less than 2 weeks.

This is what helps make the game possible. We do Early Access tests, because it allows us to test it like a real test. Once we fix all the bugs and problems, this won't be a problem in the real launch. This is why we spend so long ensuring the game will do well on launch day. Launch day for alpha is not the same as beta or release, but we have further plans to port the game to a new engine during beta which won't take that long. Although, we're keeping the game up and developing it side by side with additional programmers. It is a long journey for us, but we want the game to be successful.

Even if the game doesn't have much content it would be better online than offline in my opinion.

Even if the game doesn't have much content it would be better online than offline in my opinion.

As a marketer, I disagree. No game should be open in alpha. We are a rare breed that developed from the ground up around a community.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I missed this!!  I'm glad that there is a new model however.

Regarding what Seth said earlier about allowing members to play while the game is being developed.  I like that idea alot!  It allows the devs to take some time and appreciate their hard work and it will keep the site up and running.  Ya know, keep the site alive.  :-D

I can't believe I missed this!!  I'm glad that there is a new model however.

Regarding what Seth said earlier about allowing members to play while the game is being developed.  I like that idea alot!  It allows the devs to take some time and appreciate their hard work and it will keep the site up and running.  Ya know, keep the site alive.  :-D

You seem like a cool ass dude. Lol

You seem like a cool ass dude. Lol

Thanks man!  I truly appreciate those words.  You seem like a really cool person yourself.  I'm glad, and we are all glad to have you on the site.  I hope you stick around with us for a long time.  It's not going to be an easy effort, but the devs and all of us members could use all the support we can get.  :-D

So its good to have you apart of the Nin Online family.  Feel free to shoot me a message anytime if you have any questions or if you want to just chat.  :-D

Thanks man!  I truly appreciate those words.  You seem like a really cool person yourself.  I'm glad, and we are all glad to have you on the site.  I hope you stick around with us for a long time.  It's not going to be an easy effort, but the devs and all of us members could use all the support we can get.  :-D

So its good to have you apart of the Nin Online family.  Feel free to shoot me a message anytime if you have any questions or if you want to just chat.  :-D

Some gay shit going on here.

I'm going to get my skills ready to spank some ass in game.

• Like 2

We've officially launched Early Access for all our Gold, Silver, and Early Access members. Once we finish the testing period, the game will open to all. Thanks for all your patience everyone, we're going to be moving much faster in the future! If you want to support the game and help us get it to out faster, please recruit people to the site or consider buying You can be a champ and do both. :)

This topic is private and being posted in the Early Access forum, because we don't want our server resources being wasted on people downloading it and not being able to play, so please do not share the links to your friends. We will be offering a way to get your friends into the test soon for free. This is all part of preparation to make sure the game has a smooth launch when we get more people back on the site.

• Like 4

We've officially launched Early Access for all our Gold, Silver, and Early Access members. Once we finish the testing period, the game will open to all. Thanks for all your patience everyone, we're going to be moving much faster in the future! If you want to support the game and help us get it to out faster, please recruit people to the site or consider buying You can be a champ and do both. :)

This topic is private and being posted in the Early Access forum, because we don't want our server resources being wasted on people downloading it and not being able to play, so please do not share the links to your friends. We will be offering a way to get your friends into the test soon for free. This is all part of preparation to make sure the game has a smooth launch when we get more people back on the site.

Awesome! I hope I can be of any help. I plan on getting Gold today, so when I get in game, I'll try to point out any bugs I find.

Looks like all of that hard work has paid off.  I'm looking forward to the full opening for the game.  There should be a special event just for the first day of opening.  Like a special event or something. 

I'm thinking, we should do another in-game picture right before the final opening release.  Now that would be nice  :D

• Like 1