[Takez� Kensei] Seven Swordsmen

Takezo Kensei

Question

This suggestion deals with the distribution of the seven swords known has The Seven Swords of the Hidden Mist. The way this system works is with a point system. Keep in mind that not only is this point system for this event but it could also be integrated into other systems if we're to ever have multiple events in the game.

To start off, I'll explain the point system. Each victory at the end of a tournament will earn you +1 point. Depending on where you stand on the list, you will have a maximum amount of points you can have. This is to help players who have a sword have too many points & be out of reach of other players getting their chance to be apart of the Seven Swordsmen.

Maximum Points List

No Sword - 2 points

7th Swordsmen - 4 points

6th Swordsmen- 6 points

5th Swordsmen- 8 points

4th Swordsmen- 10 points

3rd Swordsmen- 12 points

2nd Swordsmen- 14 points

1st Swordsmen- 16 points.

Non-Listed Players & Points
Everyone starts out with 0 points of course. When you reach 2 points with no sword, you can then challenge the sword user with the 7th sword for his sword. For this fight, you'll be challenging him for his sword. If you lose, the swordsmen keeps his sword & you lose your points. If the non-swordsmen wins the fight, the swordsmen loses 2 points. If the 7th Swordsmen doesn't have 2 points minimum by the end of that fight, then he loses his sword.

Note: The 7th swordsmen will be able to have a maximum of 4 points so he'll have 1 chance to keep his sword.

Maximum Points List

No Sword - 2 points

7th Swordsmen - 4 points

6th Swordsmen- 6 points

5th Swordsmen- 8 points

4th Swordsmen- 10 points

3rd Swordsmen- 12 points

2nd Swordsmen- 14 points

1st Swordsmen- 16 points.

Non-Listed Players
Everyone starts out with 0 points of course. When you reach 2 points with no sword, you can then challenge the sword user with the 7th sword for his sword. For this fight, you'll be challenging him for his sword. If you lose, the swordsmen keeps his sword & you lose your points. If the non-swordsmen wins the fight, the swordsmen loses 2 points. If the 7th Swordsmen doesn't have 2 points minimum by the end of that fight, then he loses his sword.

Note: The 7th swordsmen will be able to have a maximum of 4 points so he'll have 1 chance to keep his sword.

Listed Players & Points
The listed players will be the players who have a sword, the Swordsmen. Pretty much the same thing will apply to the swordsmen as the non-listed played, the difference is they they'll basically only be able to challenge each other according to their points. 7th Swordsmen will only be able to challenge the 6th Swordsmen. He can either challenge the 6th Swordsmen or keep his points & save them in case he gets challenged by another person for his position as the 7th Swordsmen.

This next part applies to only the 'listed' players, in other words, the Seven Swordsmen but this deals with their position in the Swordsmen. If you're the 7th Swordsman, you don't have anybody else to swap weapons with. But if you're the 1st position Swordsmen, you're allowed to challenge any other Swordsmen to swap weapons with theirs. They'll put not only their swords on the line but also the 2 points that I mentioned earlier in my post, so in other words, they'll be putting their position on the line.

The Swordsmen & Points
For being listed, you get your title as a Swordsmen & you get your sword. Below is a requirement for each sword, position (your title), and the points required in order to receive the next title.

Swords Position - (Points to acquire sword)

Kubikirib?ch? - 7th Swordsmen (2)

Samehada - 6th Swordsmen (4 )

Nuibar - 5th Swordsmen (6)

Kabutowari - 4th Swordsmen (8)

Shibuki - 3rd Swordsmen (10)

Kiba - 2nd Swordsmen (12)

Hiramekarei - 1stSwordsmen (14)

?Note: I chose the order by random so don't worry about what order the swords are in.

Challenging & Points
As far as challenging a player goes, we don't want you to receive a sword & then get challenged immediately just to lose your sword shortly after. So for the 7th position, once you've acquired your first sword, I would suggest that they're 'immune' to getting challenged for the next couple of hours or minutes so that he can get used to the sword. Along with that, 7th position swordsmen, because he'll have more challenges then the rest will be allowed to decline 3 times maximum before the next tournament, after that he'll be forced to fight any fights that he is challenged. If a swordsmen had a fight already for his sword, he is allowed to decline fights for the next hour without penalty.

Limitations & Points
Along with having a sword, you should be an active player or else it wouldn't be fair to the other players who are looking foward to using the sword. Everyone should get their chance at the sword if they're worthy of the sword. So for that I would also suggest there being limitations as to the maximum amount of points you can have (as I've established before) as well as participating in the tournaments whenever they're hosted. Failure in participating in a tournement will deduct 1 point from you. This will apply to listed played only so that they're active players. If they ever end up losing their sword by inactivity, it shouldn't be a big deal, just earn the sword again. That's what'll make this event on-going & really fun in the end.

I'm just displaying what the swords are & their abilities in the anime/manga but they're not going to be in the game.

Hiramekarei - A bandaged double-handled sword that is capable of storing and emitting the user's chakra which can then take on various forms. It is also called a "Twin Sword". 

Kubikirib?ch? "Decapitating Carving Knife" - A giant sword with a butcher-knife-like appearance, the wielder can use the semi-circle on the blade to decapitate an opponent's head, hence the name. The sword has an ability to regenerate using the iron absorbed from the blood of those it cuts down. It is also called a "Sever Sword".

Kabutowari "Helmet Splitter" - A sword consisting of a single sided axe and a hammer joined by a length of chain. Said to be capable of crushing any and all defences. It is also called a "Blunt Sword".

Kiba "Fangs" - Twin swords that are imbued with lightning which increases their cutting power. They are said to be the sharpest swords ever forged. They are also called "Thunder Swords".

Nuibari "Sewing Needle" - A sword in the shape of a needle with a long thin wire that resembles thread attached to it, which can be used to pierce enemies and "sew" them together in human bundles. It is also called a "Long Sword".

Shibuki "Splash" - A sword that has a scroll full of explosive tags incorporated into it, lined up behind the blade, combining swordsmanship and explosions. It is also called a "Blast Sword".

Samehada "Shark Skin" - The most terrifying of the seven blades, it has the appearance of a giant knife covered in shark scales. It is a sentient, living weapon and has the ability to "eat" chakra. It is also called a "Great Sword".

Will the swords have the abilities they had in the anime/manga?
No, @Rory, I think is settled on the idea of making them a cosmetic item. Which is fine by me.

Why don't we keep our swords if we won them fair & square?
There are 7 swords & it wouldn't be fair if you keep that after you won them once & you log out for the next year. We need to make sure everyone has a fair chance with all the swords. So I proposed that tournaments be hosted at least 1 or 2 times a week. Failure to participate in the tournamenet you lose 2 points from your score which'll either give you 1 more chance to keep your sword or you lose your position.

What about swapping weapons or keeping your sword?
Depending on your position in the Seven Swordsmen, you'll be allowed to swap weapons with the other swordsmen but only the lower ranked ones.

Do you need to be missing to join the Seven Swordsmen?
Short answer, no. In the show for example, there was Ch?j?r?, Kisame, & Zabuza, 1 Kiri, 1 Akatsuki, 1 Missing. But all still had a sword while being apart of another faction. village, orgnization or none at all. Though it originated in Kiri, there was no obligation to stay in the village to keep the sword.

I do believe that I left some things out in this one, I spent a while trying to figure out details for this and a way to 'perfect' it, though I know it isn't perfect & there might be questions still to be asked, go ahead & do so in the comments, I'll try my best to answer them & let me know what you think of this.

Edited by Takez? Kensai
  • Like 5

I think maybe you could do the tournament to originally distribute the swords, 1st place gets to choose out of all seven, 2nd gets to choose out of the remaining six, etc. Then people could just duel each other for the swords afterwards at any time.

I think maybe you could do the tournament to originally distribute the swords, 1st place gets to choose out of all seven, 2nd gets to choose out of the remaining six, etc. Then people could just duel each other for the swords afterwards at any time.

The slight problem I see with that are the limitations.

How long will someone get to keep their sword before they're challenged to a duel for their sword?

How many times can they decline a duel for their sword before they just lose it?

If they lose it, who will receive it? The last person that challenged him?

Would it be fair to the rest of the people that challenged him?

How will someone be able to enjoy the sword if they're constantly getting spammed a duel?

etc.

The problem with those kinds of suggestions (not there is is a problem with yours in particular or always the same outcome) is just that something like this requires a lot of thought into it since you're talking about distributing items that are limited. Just like the Tailed Beast in the suggestion I posted, it's all about how you go and distribute them.

Will samehade store chackra?

I didn't go into details on what sword is going to do what or if they're even going to do anything at all. If the swords are ever added, I don't want to be the one responsible for having overpowered swords & all or it being unfair. I'm not very good at balancing out stuff like that. That would be left up to you guys & the programmers of course. But this is just an idea I had about how to go about distributing the swords.

Having an initial tournament to decide who gets the swords is good, like you were saying 1st place gets to pick from 7, the 2nd place from 6 and so on. Then they can be challenged maybe once every hour, so a total of 24 times a day if they're even online. The degree of difficulty for being a Swordsmen should be high, you want the power you have to accept the risk, no whining about being challenge, you don't wannna be challenge give up your position. And the 7 day inactivity then the sword is taken away from you is good enough as is. And with the desth system they'll be adding to the game however its introduced I don't think you'll be getting challenged from as many people as you would think.

And the 7 day inactivity then the sword is taken away from you is good enough as is. 

I believe that if you say beforehand, "I'm going on vacation for a week or two, I'll be back afterwards.", it shouldn't be like, sucks, your sword is gone.

• Like 1

I believe that if you say beforehand, "I'm going on vacation for a week or two, I'll be back afterwards.", it shouldn't be like, sucks, your sword is gone.

Just report it to an admin maybe he'll keep it for you, Notice I said Maybe.

I think if you earned your sword you should keep it, Sucks for the people who lost or were to late to join the tournament but it should be announced when it would be hosted. But I also agree on earning your title but your pretty much earning it if your fighting 100+ to gain 1 out of the 7 swords. It's pretty much fair, only way I would say you could lose it is by death(perm-death) I'm not sure if their will be a permanet death system which will send you somewhere into a mysterious world waiting to come back to life after a certain time limit. But if that was added then yes you could lose the sword from their. Meh maybe my idea was stupid maybe not -shrugs-

• Like 2

Well it might seem unfair that you earn your sword but you loose it later. But I would imagine that tournaments are only 1 or 2 times a week, you don't lose your sword right away, you just lose your position. If you lose your position, you get ranked down to the previous sword. Think about gungame on Call of Duty. Only that you go back a rank if you 'die' in this case if you are inactive. So technically, the higher in the seven swordsman you are, the longer you'll probably have a sword. Fair? I think so!

• Like 1

Wow this is great though there might be players who want to keep the swords they win and let other players have the same swords to keep but the system is great. If you kept the SSM sword you got you would probably see almost all swordsman with an SSM sword

Wow this is great though there might be players who want to keep the swords they win and let other players have the same swords to keep but the system is great. If you kept the SSM sword you got you would probably see almost all swordsman with an SSM sword

Well in which case, if there is a Swordsman who is willing to switch/trade swords with another Swordsman, they might be able to do that. That's just up to the the programmers if they're allowed to do so. But if not, you should be able to save your points in order to keep your sword. You don't have to move up in ranks if you don't want to.

• Like 1