Stop Government Surveillance Of The Internet

Stylish Ninja

I'm American and honestly I just don't care.. Whats the government going to do make fun of me because I watch stupid videos? Honestly if you are found to be a threat then good. The government been doing this stuff for the longest time and we jsut recently found out about it. Why would it matter if it changed now? I bet they are hiding 100million things besides this anyways.

I'm American and honestly I just don't care.. Whats the government going to do make fun of me because I watch stupid videos? Honestly if you are found to be a threat then good. The government been doing this stuff for the longest time and we jsut recently found out about it. Why would it matter if it changed now? I bet they are hiding 100million things besides this anyways.

People are worried because they don't want to be spied on. They also wouldn't want for this information to be leaked somehow in a similar case to when PS3's server data was compensated by hackers. They don't like the idea that they are being watched. The way you explained it is like playing a joke on your friend, and only telling him about it towards the end after all harms done. If I switched your socks and told you I dipped them in dog piss, I'm pretty sure you would then be mad knowing you have been wearing Dog piss infested socks for the longest while.

The fact of the matter is they can listen to us, then tell us they stopped on national TV, at a press conference hosted at the White Hoouse, but why would they stop, it would make catching criminals so much harder, pedophiles, people selling illegally harmful substances, terrorists secretly recruiting naive youths to they're cause, is your privacy really worth all the damage that'll come after they stopped.

If you get sent to court, the judge can use anything they've ever recorded about you as evidence. I don't know about you but most people say obnoxious things on the internet, like the LoL kid who got insulted for saying stupid shit that wasn't even bad.

@

In addition to what has already been mentioned, it is a blatant violation of your 4th Amendment rights. If you approve of unwarranted surveillance of your phone and computer activity, then you also approve of men in suits showing up at your door to search your home. Are you okay with that?

@

In addition to what has already been mentioned, it is a blatant violation of your 4th Amendment rights. If you approve of unwarranted surveillance of your phone and computer activity, then you also approve of men in suits showing up at your door to search your home. Are you okay with that?

More of a if they stopped great if they don't, well that sucks. But the men in suits that would be more annoying than anything. Though you can just tell them no, because they are doing it upfront. At least they are doing it blindly. Though doing it on the phone and internet I don't put anything important on their or on my computers. It's all documented and filed. Oh well I hate the government anyways this isn't a shock to me and I always knew this was happening.

Sorry for grammar I just don't feel like editing.

Actually you wouldn't be able to tell them no. Government policies will occupy the spaces we retreat from when the people allow them to encroach on their rights. If it isn't stopped in its tracks, then random searches of your home, your vehicle (TSA is already doing this) and your place of employment will become commonplace. Trying to stop those searches could result in your arrest.

I don't want to live in a country where I don't have any privacy. It's shocking that so many people have been fooled into believing that it's for their own good.

All of you should be happy that america even has a psuedo form of democracy, other countries citizens have just about 0 rights, Americans bitch and moan about a little invasion of privacy, when you could be so much worse off.

All of you should be happy that america even has a psuedo form of democracy, other countries citizens have just about 0 rights, Americans bitch and moan about a little invasion of privacy, when you could be so much worse off.

@

So would you rather have fewer rights, or more rights?

Who cares, I don't even use most of the rights I have, has anyone here read the entire declaration of Independence? It gives me the same feel as The Bible, preachy, long and boring as hell.

That's my 5 cents.

Yes, I have read it. It's only 1,323 words long.

That said, it's not the Declaration of Independence which defines the rights of the people in relation to the United States government, it's the Constitution and Bill of Rights. When you're older, you may have different thoughts about whether you'd rather have more freedom or less freedom.

I don't particularly care for politics. People's opinions differ, and they will fight to their core to defend those opinions. This causes arguments on forums and all that, which doesn't make any sense because none of us can do anything about it anyway.

Everyone takes the risk to access the internet every single day. The general consensus in the computer science industry is that you're not safe - no matter what you do. The NSA scandal is probably one of many activities that threatens democracy across the globe. I'm all for democracy - in concept, it's fine. In practice, it contradicts itself. That doesn't mean we should abolish it, but we should also accept compromises. "For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction." This concept applies nearly everywhere. Fix one thing, and create another problem.

The questions we should be asking ourselves is : Do we want blind faith in total freedom to compromise our safety - our lives?

The questions we should be asking ourselves is : Do we want blind faith in total freedom to compromise our safety - our lives?

Fantastic example of a loaded question. The real one looks like this.

"Do we relinquish current freedoms to potentially increase safety?"

You seem very concerned with preserving lives though. I could compile a list of things that are more likely to kill or injure you than a terrorist attack, but it might take you a few days to read it.