For all the Otaku out there :3

Neox

If you are not into otaku stuff, please stop reading this topic. I clearly understand that not everyone share the same ideas/tastes. Thank you.

Posted Image

What is ShiroChan?

ShiroChan has been made as an alternative for big social networks, where not everyone feels comfortable to share or talk about Anime, Manga, Cosplay or anything which falls under Otaku/Weeaboo category. Started from a simple idea ShiroChan started to grow as a network and started to get more and more features, all based on feedback I got from friends. I'm glad to stay everyone who joined this project is very warm and could talk about any subject which is related to anime, manga, cosplay and games, but not only.

Why would you even consider taking the time to create an account?

While I know your time is precious ShiroChan will be for you, if you would like to connect with out people around the globe who share that same passion with you, who gets excited when a new anime is being aired or who loves to know everyone which moves in Otaku world.

What you can do on this "social network for otaku"?

Well mostly, but not limited, everything you can do on Facebook or any social network.

Connect with people, Share Videos, Photos, Stories/FanFics, Chat, Play games or keep up to date with new releases.

Where to join?

Simply follow this link and register:

ShiroChan

Feedback is welcome!

Did you took the time to test ShiroChan? You are welcome to leave feedback, positive or negative, but please keep it constructive at PG13. Thank you.

PS: Yeah xD my first post here :3 And no I'm not a bot :p 

You do know Otaku is considered to be an insult, right? Being called one is a very bad thing. Only the mentally insane would call themselves one.

Americans just think since it sounds like a fancy foreign word that it's not a bad thing.

Somebody that enjoys and appreciates anime/manga/cosplaying is NOT an Otaku. An Otaku is somebody with an unhealthy obsession. The kind of person that spends their life savings on the full doll collection of an anime, masturbates on them and then uploads the pictures to the internet.

It's literally somebody that would commit crimes for their obsession. Like a drug addict.

You do know Otaku is considered to be an insult, right? Being called one is a very bad thing. Only the mentally insane would call themselves one.

Americans just think since it sounds like a fancy foreign word that it's not a bad thing.

Somebody that enjoys and appreciates anime/manga/cosplaying is NOT an Otaku. An Otaku is somebody with an unhealthy obsession. The kind of person that spends their life savings on the full doll collection of an anime, masturbates on them and then uploads the pictures to the internet.

It's literally somebody that would commit crimes for their obsession. Like a drug addict.

Otaku is a Japanese word for teens who are very good or obsessed with computers, often lowering their social skills. It's the equivalent of Geek.  :huh:

I think the term you mean is weeaboo?

EDIT: You're right, though, it's geek, but it's still not very wise to go around saying that you're an Otaku in Japanese (It's considered bad just like geek is considered bad in western countries, but worse.) It doesn't really mean what you said for everyone, but let's say people will think weird of you.

I so missed all the discussion. Well we chosed to to stick to the term of "otaku" even know everything you pointed out be correct (or not) with a reason.

In Western, people who watch anime and/or read manga like to be called Otaku, Weeaboo is used only by the other part which hates (more or less) anime/manga, and wants to address to someone in a mean way.  

While in JP otaku may sound bad (or not) we honestly don't expect jp users to join us (or not that many), cuz I'm sure they got something similar only for them q.q

As the rest, i don't know, I like to be called an otaku, even if I'm not "that" crazy/obsessed. So, yeah, it was had, but I don't think we did a too bad job.

@darkingdom - welcome :3

Otaku is a Japanese word for teens who are very good or obsessed with computers, often lowering their social skills. It's the equivalent of Geek.  :huh:

EDIT: You're right, though, it's geek, but it's still not very wise to go around saying that you're an Otaku in Japanese (It's considered bad just like geek is considered bad in western countries, but worse.) It doesn't really mean what you said for everyone, but let's say people will think weird of you.

No, I mean Otaku.

Sure it CAN be just something as simple as geek. But it can also mean something like:

While the word is used abroad to mean a fan of anime and manga who enjoys the anime culture, in Japan, the word can be looked down upon as a term for a person with any obsessive interest (not confined to anime and manga) in particular some cases reaching extreme levels such as men falling in love with Dakimakura (Body Pillows). "When these people are referred to as otaku, they are judged for their behaviors - and people suddenly see an “otaku” as a person unable to relate to reality". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otaku

Yes, I have read over the full page before.

It'd be like calling somebody a fag. It could be an insult. It could also be something unrelated and not harmful.

~~~~~

For the record, I have nothing against a real Otaku or the foreign version of an Otaku.

Not trying to act like a smart ass, but quoting Wikipedia: "Otaku (???/????) is a Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly (but not limited to) anime and manga"

Not trying to act like a smart ass, but quoting Wikipedia: "Otaku (???/????) is a Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly (but not limited to) anime and manga"

No offense taken ;)

It also says this: In modern Japanese slang, the term otaku is most often equivalent to "geek".[4] However, it can relate to a fan of any particular theme, topic, hobby or any form of entertainment.[5]

I guess we're all a bit right, I've been to Japan a couple of times so I've seen it used a couple of times but I can't say I'm a professional >?<