Alpha Test Conclusions

Ueda

Dear Shinobi,

Wow, that was a crazy turnout for just an early alpha release, we were not expecting this.
Though it wasn't a smooth alpha test, it was definitely helpful in bringing up a lot of issues that would harm the game long term. I would like to ask for your understanding as we take down the Alpha Test until further notice, when we are able to solve the problem of lag. I'd like to thank everyone for the support despite everything.

We might need further help in stress testing the server soon, so please stand by and wait for more information to be released.

To sum everything that we've learned from the test in the past few hours.

• DirectX Setup Issues
  • Screen Resolution Issues
  • Lag Issue

The most important thing we tackle now is solving the lag.
Whack is going to spend some time figuring it out, so give us your support!

We will learn from what we did wrong today and try harder to push for much more professional and well-organized events in future as well. From the top of my head, I'd like to thank everyone who had been actively maintaining order on the shoutbox for me, in many cases, helping other players solve their issues and pointing them to the right direction.

• Like 2

Good work Rory and to the Developer team.  That's what Alpha is for and it's good that we found out these bugs now rather then later.  Don't sweat the problems Rory, take your time and lets get this stuff done.   I have high hopes for this game and I feel that it is going to go a long way.  Best of luck to all of us. :-)

I knew lag problem was going to happen, even happens in first day mmos- but when a game like this has over one hundred people trying to log in at the same time, it is a big problem. Having different servers is a idea but that may cost a lot unless you got people willing to pay for it. I would too but I have no ways to use paypal currently x:

@Rory Nin met every expectation of mine given the information provided for today's test.  I've been following this project for a long ass time and I'll continue to do so.  I hope to see the older members return as well.  I think I can still reach a few.