What Clans?

Polaczek19

@Wolfblade

It's unorthodox among game design. Barely are clans given exclusively or kept from a player for such frail reasons like people not finding the large quantity of a certain clan in-game appealing. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but in games where you try and reach an absolute balance, it's just unlikely. 

The exclusive appeal is generated from the manga and anime first off. If everyone does become one, then sure, the exclusivity is mostly gone but it's still there in the mindset. Restricting them for a time period just hammers it into everyone's brain that, yes, indeed, Uchiha is exclusive and this game recognizes it.

The point is that they are exclusive, and the game is based on the anime and manga, so in my eyes it should follow their cannon at-least up to a point. If everybody can become one, than becoming one isn't such a big deal which it should be since Uchiha are a very "Naruto" thing so to say, they are probably the most known thing about Naruto. It being a reward should be fine, since it will turn away people and only the ones who really, really want to be an Uchiha will become one. Making it so you have to level up one character to the max, be playing for 3 months and than delete that character to become a clan member would make it special and let you know that the person who achieved this really commit-ed. Of-course being a clan member wouldn't make you "better" just different, every clan should have its own disadvantages. Leaf having the most detailed clan's could be easily solved by adding releases into the mix, and if not enough is know about them making up juts us could also be done.There are plenty of clan's and unique releases in the Naruto canon.

@Keezus So are you saying that if everybody has them they are somehow easier to balance? Why exactly?

Clans not being exclusive also helps with Rory's have the players experience all the stories idea, since most people fangasm over uchihas if they were locked into leaf no one would experience the suna, iwa, kumo, or kiri stories that everyone put lots of time into thinking of. Plus who's not to say someone out there has a clan they like from one village but they have another favorite village(well I guess me and yami are both this way, yami asked early on about being an aburame in suna and I like the nara clan, but sunagakure more than konoha). Besides clans being exclusive to a village makes balancing out each village tougher: If Leaf has all the hyuuga and uchiha then they have every clan with an eye jutsu that will let them see clones, hidden enemies, and various other things only those clans can see and that makes village balance troublesome.

Clans not being exclusive also helps with Rory's have the players experience all the stories idea, since most people fangasm over uchihas if they were locked into leaf no one would experience the suna, iwa, kumo, or kiri stories that everyone put lots of time into thinking of. Plus who's not to say someone out there has a clan they like from one village but they have another favorite village(well I guess me and yami are both this way, yami asked early on about being an aburame in suna and I like the nara clan, but sunagakure more than konoha). Besides clans being exclusive to a village makes balancing out each village tougher: If Leaf has all the hyuuga and uchiha then they have every clan with an eye jutsu that will let them see clones, hidden enemies, and various other things only those clans can see and that makes village balance troublesome.

If some clan's are stronger like you listed Hyuuga and Uchiha then the game is already unbalanced, also if alot of people people become Uchiha they are already locking themselves out of stories.

The point is that they are exclusive, and the game is based on the anime and manga, so in my eyes it should follow their cannon at-least up to a point. If everybody can become one, than becoming one isn't such a big deal which it should be since Uchiha are a very "Naruto" thing so to say, they are probably the most known thing about Naruto. It being a reward should be fine, since it will turn away people and only the ones who really, really want to be an Uchiha will become one. Making it so you have to level up one character to the max, be playing for 3 months and than delete that character to become a clan member would make it special and let you know that the person who achieved this really commit-ed. Of-course being a clan member wouldn't make you "better" just different, every clan should have its own disadvantages. Leaf having the most detailed clan's could be easily solved by adding releases into the mix, and if not enough is know about them making up juts us could also be done.There are plenty of clan's and unique releases in the Naruto canon.

@Keezus So are you saying that if everybody has them they are somehow easier to balance? Why exactly?

It's not a matter of everyone having them, it's balancing them to where everyone can be one and it wouldn't cause a fuss. Also, how would it go with all the other clans(?), since it wouldn't be canon at all to kill your character and become an Akimichi. See, it creates a lot of issues just sorting the whole idea out. 

If some clan's are stronger like you listed Hyuuga and Uchiha then the game is already unbalanced, also if alot of people people become Uchiha they are already locking themselves out of stories.

I'm not talking about unbalanced fighting ability, I'm talking about imbalance in what the clans do that belong to that village, my above example was to show leaf village would be the only capable village of finding people who are hiding(and maybe even transformed into someone else) [well assuming we won't have sensor type ninjas] which would give them a big advantage for taking on ambushes(heck leaf would be impervious to them) or finding an enemy who ran off to heal before he went back to terrorizing the village.

It's not a matter of everyone having them, it's balancing them to where everyone can be one and it wouldn't cause a fuss. Also, how would it go with all the other clans(?), since it wouldn't be canon at all to kill your character and become an Akimichi. See, it creates a lot of issues just sorting the whole idea out. 

And it would be canon for everybody to be one? What you said is equivalent to me saying " It wouldn't be canon to have to create your character" or "It wouldn't be canon to start as an 16 year old" . The idea is same for every clan, to join one you have to do the "grind". It isn't a mess really, everybody being an Uchiha would be the real mess in my eyes. 

@GAm3CrAzY

Well the other clan's could have their own ability to balance them out, they could be just plain stronger in their fighting capability. Also, if what you said applies than it doesn't only apply to villages, like you say it does. It affects the whole PVP part of the game.

And it would be canon for everybody to be one? What you said is equivalent to me saying " It wouldn't be canon to have to create your character" or "It wouldn't be canon to start as an 16 year old" . The idea is same for every clan, to join one you have to do the "grind". It isn't a mess really, everybody being an Uchiha would be the real mess in my eyes. 

@GAm3CrAzY

Well the other clan's could have their own ability to balance them out, they could be just plain stronger in their fighting capability. Also, if what you said applies than it doesn't only apply to villages, like you say it does. It affects the whole PVP part of the game.

I don't think we're trying to achieve a canon game, more-so a balanced one. You can't be too canon when developing a game though it brings a sense of imbalance. What I would really like to know is; why everyone choosing a certain clan would be a mess? Cause if the case were everyone chose Hyuuga, Akimichi, Nara or Yamanaka etc., then would you still feel the same?

I don't think we're trying to achieve a canon game, more-so a balanced one. You can't be too canon when developing a game though it brings a sense of imbalance. What I would really like to know is; why everyone choosing a certain clan would be a mess? Cause if the case were everyone chose Hyuuga, Akimichi, Nara or Yamanaka etc., then would you still feel the same?

Yes... I would feel the same. You speak about imbalance yet you keep being headstrong about making sure the population is imbalanced by allowing everyone to be everything immediately upon entering the game. In my eyes I'm not bashing on the clan's, I'm actually their ally, as allowing everybody to be everything would remove what makes them special, or at least a large part of it. It isn't only a question of canon, in my eyes working hard to become a part of something makes it cooler than just clicking a button and becoming a part of it. You fail to give me a reason why clan's couldn't be locked to villages, and why clan's shouldn't be limited, or hard to get.

Yes... I would feel the same. You speak about imbalance yet you keep being headstrong about making sure the population is imbalanced by allowing everyone to be everything immediately upon entering the game. In my eyes I'm not bashing on the clan's, I'm actually their ally, as allowing everybody to be everything would remove what makes them special, or at least a large part of it. It isn't only a question of canon, in my eyes working hard to become a part of something makes it cooler than just clicking a button and becoming a part of it. You fail to give me a reason why clan's couldn't be locked to villages, and why clan's shouldn't be limited, or hard to get.

Clan village locking isn't unheard of, it was in the game I played a while ago. The idea to me just never gave the game quite the balance it needed. Here is what happened; the Leaf village was a lot more populated than other villages because of the clans it provided. It automatically created disadvantage, in most situations, for other villages when facing a heavily populated village (..such as Konoha) in war. The clans being limited is just bad game design and it's very distasteful. Them being hard to get I'm not completely against, but the methods would have to mesh with other game mechanics. It's something I'd say could be put up for discussion. 

Well I've tried to be friendly with the Uchiha members on here and well, to hell with that.  I could really careless about the clans anymore really.  I was thinking of the Uchiha but never mind.  Any how based on what clans will be in.  At Alpha non and I'm not truly sure about anything after that besides the fact that instead of clans we might just end up having guilds of some sort.  Not entirely sure.  Rory knows more.  Clans or no Clans though I'm all about dominating everything and everybody so.......yep lol

I've already given a good enough reason. As for the difficulty in obtaining these said traits, it still has yet to be implemented, or even spoken of in great detail with rory and many of the staff members.

Dude just drop it. Naruto clans are like sports teams, everyone has their own ones that they like and want to be a part of in a Naruto MMORPG. Also if we're talking about canon, it's not really canon to join a family through hard work, but it is through marriage and of course birth. Which, there I just gave you a good reason clans can be in any village 4 leaf uchiha married 4 different non clan ninja from the other villages and moved to said villages, thus starting an uchiha branch in iwa, kumo, suna, and kiri: the same thing happened for the other clans. Why we can't have limits on clan members? The limit if we did one, would have to rise as our player count does (if we have 10 clans and gain 10 new players the clans could get 1 new person) but wait, what if 3 hyuuga decide to stop playing NinOnline and don't delete or post that they quit? Well gee their characters still exist so I guess Hyuuga will be down 3 members. As for hard to get, you're thinking on the wrong thing to be hard to get, what should be hard to get is something like Mangekyou sharingan, EMS, or other clan moves we see rarely in the show, not the clan itself. Besides how many story driven RPGs tell you we have all these classes to pick from and then tell you oh yeah you have to play through the story a few times to unlock some of them?

The game is Naruto-based, not Naruto point-blank. When adapting a book to a movie, some things have to be left out in order to fit the media it is going to be represented in. Same with a game. If the game was exactly like Naruto, then as Rory or someone said, you would have to be on 24/7 and a death would mean you lose your character and someone can Edo Tensei you and command your every movement.. blah blah blah. It's impossible. 

It is up for the creators mainly, and also the community perhaps(if the Creators wish to employ rational suggestions) to find creative ways around the issue. No offense to those suggesting a copy-and-paste from the show to here for some elements of the game but really? Really? Some things need to be copy and paste and this is not one of them. By far. At all. Nope. Nuh uh.

My opinion, so feel free to disagree.

I really despise how in most Naruto browser games or whatever, half the people will be of the Uchiha clan. Why is the Uchiha clan such a fad? Honestly, you can be badass without belonging to the Uchiha clan. If they do incorporate the Uchiha clan into Nin-Online, I hope only a rare few can join. Like, only ultra premium members who have been playing for a long time or whatever.

Well this is going to be a big game and a lot of people know about this so I don't think everyone will be a uchiha. Especially if there are other awesome clans like hyuugas and uzumakis and naras and sarutobis. And I highly doubt that it is going to be easy to obtain the ems or ms anyway.