What Clans?

Polaczek19

I purposefully don't go Uchiha in any Naruto game for that fact. It's become a groupie thing. People expect them to be overpowered and easy. Hopefully, this game finds creative systems to balance out each clan(if there are clans in the future). 

Uchiha's loose their appeal when everyone goes them anyways.

This is also the beauty of unlimited customization. You can fight 5 Uchiha, or 5 Akimichi and even 5 non-clan users because of the unlimited possibilities. 

Exclusive clans run the risk of creating disadvantages/advantages in combat. This is also something to avoid when developing a game. When other players began getting perks over another because of a luck factor the game loses its balance. If everyone can choose the clan they decide upon, you open the gateway to endless combinations of customization -- and close the disadvantage/advantage gateway. 

Not everyone is going to be Uchihas exactly because a lot of people dislike them...

And also im pretty sure all clans will be balanced, it`s not like they are going to make Uchihas better.

I have yet to see people on the forum who have Hyuuga or Akamichi, or anything except Uchiha for that matter. I'm not saying leave it to luck either, it could simply be a matter of reward for loyal players and such. Being balanced is fine " IF" the clan's are balanced, and that includes non-clan as-well, since most of the time they get left out.

We seem to have a different view on beauty, since "unlimited customization" as you call it will water the whole clan thing down, in my opinion at least. Keeping it special would be a better course of action, and as Atrox kindly mentioned, the clan's can just be different, not stronger therefor removing the balance issue you worry about. I'm sure everybody can customize their own character as they see fit without clans, if anything I feel that being a part of a clan limits your customization. Its surely more likely that 50 players  all being non-clan for instance will differ more than 50 players all being Uchiha, Hyuuga and so on..

You will be able to create your own clan later on, or join another players. Clans and guilds will be the same thing. You will also be able to team up with other players, in groups of 4, in order to earn extra experience, and to promote player interaction. These are already implemented logicwise, but not graphically, and will be held off until a later update of alpha, or event beta.

The idea behind game development, is giving the customer, or players, what they want. This has always been the ideology behind it. You don't create something out of the minority interest, as it depletes your fan base and overall game appeal. Clans are something the majority want, so it's better to just include them, but balance them out. Who cares if 80% of clan players are uchiha? They're less unique than others being that most others are uchiha, and can do the same things. If you really want to stick out as a player, why not go the road less traveled?

The idea behind game development, is giving the customer, or players, what they want. This has always been the ideology behind it. You don't create something out of the minority interest, as it depletes your fan base and overall game appeal. Clans are something the majority want, so it's better to just include them, but balance them out. Who cares if 80% of clan players are uchiha? They're less unique than others being that most others are uchiha, and can do the same things. If you really want to stick out as a player, why not go the road less traveled?

That's fine while there is just the Leaf. But once other villages are added the balance of power between villages becomes tilted in favor of the Leaf because 80% of players are Leaf because of the ability to be Uchiha.

• Like 1

I have yet to see people on the forum who have Hyuuga or Akamichi, or anything except Uchiha for that matter. I'm not saying leave it to luck either, it could simply be a matter of reward for loyal players and such. Being balanced is fine " IF" the clan's are balanced, and that includes non-clan as-well, since most of the time they get left out.

We seem to have a different view on beauty, since "unlimited customization" as you call it will water the whole clan thing down, in my opinion at least. Keeping it special would be a better course of action, and as Atrox kindly mentioned, the clan's can just be different, not stronger therefor removing the balance issue you worry about. I'm sure everybody can customize their own character as they see fit without clans, if anything I feel that being a part of a clan limits your customization. Its surely more likely that 50 players  all being non-clan for instance will differ more than 50 players all being Uchiha, Hyuuga and so on..

I've seen Namikaze and I myself even use Orochimaru. There are those who fan-boy the Uchiha clan, and I'm almost positive forcing them to be non-clan will drive them from the game. Then, it being a reward will now force admins to take action into picking and choosing those who they 'feel' are loyal. You see how much trouble it causes? Balancing the clans and having an unlimited array of customization would be a much smoother course. 

This. 

You will be able to create your own clan later on, or join another players. Clans and guilds will be the same thing. You will also be able to team up with other players, in groups of 4, in order to earn extra experience, and to promote player interaction. These are already implemented logicwise, but not graphically, and will be held off until a later update of alpha, or event beta.

Not sure how this would work out when dealing with the special clans, but I like the idea of it for something along the lines of your own elitist group. 

@

That won't be the case, iirc. It was mentioned that no specific village will hold any specific clan. 

Where in the world are you getting the idea that only leaf ninja can become uchiha?

That's fine while there is just the Leaf. But once other villages are added the balance of power between villages becomes tilted in favor of the Leaf because 80% of players are Leaf because of the ability to be Uchiha.

The important thing to note is that players, even if they are a majority don't really know what they want every time. There are plenty of examples out there where listening to players has completely ruined games. That is also why game companies tend to carefully weigh player opinions. If there is an option for everybody to be an Uchiha from the get-go, I am willing to bet that people will bitch about it later.

I've seen Namikaze and I myself even use Orochimaru. There are those who fan-boy the Uchiha clan, and I'm almost positive forcing them to be non-clan will drive them from the game. Then, it being a reward will now force admins to take action into picking and choosing those who they 'feel' are loyal. You see how much trouble it causes? Balancing the clans and having an unlimited array of customization would be a much smoother course. 

It could simply be limited to 3 months after registration, or certain level achieved with a character, or even having to sacrifice a character to be able to start over as an Uchiha, that wouldn't create any conflict since its all nice and impartial.

@Keezus, @Tydon

As for clans not being locked to villages, I'm not sure thats a very good thing, Uchiha and Hyuuga have always been Leaf , and unique to the Leaf. Suna has its own clan and so do the other villages. Locking clans in would make villages more diverse. Also, how are Namikaze and Orochimaru in anyway related to what clan somebody prefers? They are characters, not clans.

It could simply be limited to 3 months after registration, or certain level achieved with a character, or even having to sacrifice a character to be able to start over as an Uchiha, that wouldn't create any conflict since its all nice and impartial.

As for clans not being locked to villages, I'm not sure thats a very good thing, Uchiha and Hyuuga have always been Leaf , and unique to the Leaf. Suna has its own clan and so do the other villages. Locking clans in would make villages more diverse. Also, how are Namikaze and Orochimaru in anyway related to what clan somebody prefers? They are characters, not clans.

Namikaze could definitely represent a clan, but my point was proving that some people prefer using unofficial clans/non-clans and not the Uchiha clan.

Also, I feel like locking a clan to a village would create less diversity in a village itself. It's like going to fight and knowing exactly what you can or cannot expect from the opponent because you know there's only a few things they can do. I still hold strong to my opinion that having these unorthodox ways of being a certain clan will only end in shambles. 

Namikaze could definitely represent a clan, but my point was proving that some people prefer using unofficial clans/non-clans and not the Uchiha clan.

Also, I feel like locking a clan to a village would create less diversity in a village itself. It's like going to fight and knowing exactly what you can or cannot expect from the opponent because you know there's only a few things they can do. I still hold strong to my opinion that having these unorthodox ways of being a certain clan will only end in shambles. 

So what you are saying is that having clan's be locked to villages, will result in everybody knowing what the other people are? By that implying that everybody will go the clan route, which is something you tried to dispute....

I also hope that non-clan and abilities other than clan restricted ability's will allow for more than a few options.

How is it unorthodox if its cannon? Also how exactly would making all the villages same, ability wise allow for more diversity?

So what you are saying is that having clan's be locked to villages, will result in everybody knowing what the other people are? By that implying that everybody will go the clan route, which is something you tried to dispute....

I'm not implying everyone will go the clan route, but the process of elimination is a lot easier when you know what to expect. 

I'm not implying everyone will go the clan route, but the process of elimination is a lot easier when you know what to expect. 

How is it unorthodox if its cannon? Also how exactly would making all the villages same, ability wise allow for more diversity?

So if I can expect the Konoha people to be either Uchiha, Hyuuga, Akamichi or non-clan for instance, that would make it easier for me to expect what's coming at me? Well that is quite the claim, everybody should be able to pick things except their bloodline abilities, and not to mention that the game should have a limited amount of what you can learn, so that you have to go a certain direction. All that should provide more than enough diversity. Saying that locking clan's makes it easy for the others to predict your skillsets, is a flimsy claim at best.

The Naruto series as a whole is mainly based on Naruto's life in the Leaf village. Locking clans to villages would be unwise because, by default, Leaf has more detailed-out clans and also, it will restrict diversity. 

Making a clan like Uchiha available after 3 months is also not a good idea. They already have this "exclusive" appeal and to solve that you want them to be even more exclusive? That's just going to backfire so miserably. 

The idea of players creating their own clans doesn't really appease me either. It's just off-tangent. The concept of Naruto being ninjas from different clans and villages fighting each other. If one could just go ahead and create their own clan, what would be the purpose? The concept partially borders on the stereotype that once you are born into a family, you gain certain advantages and disadvantages. Things are expected of you. If you could just up and go do your own thing, it would deafeat the purpose. 

I honestly want to know the plan for Clans in the game so if anyone has a topic he/she could link me to, I would be very grateful. 

The Naruto series as a whole is mainly based on Naruto's life in the Leaf village. Locking clans to villages would be unwise because, by default, Leaf has more detailed-out clans and also, it will restrict diversity. 

Making a clan like Uchiha available after 3 months is also not a good idea. They already have this "exclusive" appeal and to solve that you want them to be even more exclusive? That's just going to backfire so miserably. 

The idea of players creating their own clans doesn't really appease me either. It's just off-tangent. The concept of Naruto being ninjas from different clans and villages fighting each other. If one could just go ahead and create their own clan, what would be the purpose? The concept partially borders on the stereotype that once you are born into a family, you gain certain advantages and disadvantages. Things are expected of you. If you could just up and go do your own thing, it would deafeat the purpose. 

I honestly want to know the plan for Clans in the game so if anyone has a topic he/she could link me to, I would be very grateful. 

The point about the "exclusive" appeal is that there is none if everybody can be one. 

The concept of Naruto being ninjas from different clans and villages fighting each other. If one could just go ahead and create their own clan, what would be the purpose?

Hmm... i wonder.

The point about the "exclusive" appeal is that there is none if everybody can be one. 

The exclusive appeal is generated from the manga and anime first off. If everyone does become one, then sure, the exclusivity is mostly gone but it's still there in the mindset. Restricting them for a time period just hammers it into everyone's brain that, yes, indeed, Uchiha is exclusive and this game recognizes it.