Poll on my next Nin Project

Erox

What should i work on Next?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one of the following to be added an an experimental change

• Jinchuriki (This will be renamed to avoid Copyright, but we all know this is a Naruto game at heart, also the art will be limited since i cant implement new art)
    • Special Techniques (Sage Mode, Curse seal, This also will implement changes to the medic skill set)
    • Corp Changes Part 2 (This will include Medic Corp, MPF's and Yakuza)
    • Low level experience (This will include the level 5-15 arc and possible other changes)
    • Sea path Expansion (This will eventually include new side quests)
    • Something else entirely! (Make a comment tagging me with your idea, i will do my best to take your idea into consideration)

This poll is closed to new votes

Rework some of LOI missions - in the past collecting mission were nerfed not to feel impossible (cbk's / ww's / Bloodpuppets were all toned down to be semi easier solo) - do the same with LOI missions. As a Tai / Str WM user, collecting 100 plus iron pieces, leopard tails, killing 200 plus high lvl mobs is ridiculous and torturing, hence why so few players have actually attempted to play LOI. This will make leveling from 52- ish to 60 semi bearable.. Ty for reading <3 

Making Mist more active - yes this issue is more of a curse at this point - but go back to the root question... Why do most mist mains go rogue? Its all about distance. ST / Bandits is more or less the Centre of the NIN world - running from Takumi / Leaf / Sand to Bandits is more or less the same distance. BUT

Mist is its own little empty world. - Making the distance and running time for Misties the same as other villages to the centre will make some consider staying mist imo.. Here are 2 possible fixes:

1) make boat ride free and instant from port to port for Misties, - other non Mist Pay and take 3 min ride.
or 
2) Delete the port and boat system, with ocean maps all together and make it like 1 large CF / Big desert sized ocean map between Bears and Mist Foxes. 

• Like 1

Hey I would love Sage mode, jinchurikis, and all that but in order to make this game viable to a wider audience you need to focus on a path forward with leveling. There has been talks of a steam release, add a 5-15 arc and allow us to playtest it for awhile - this should be the priority and that’s where my vote is.

Why do people think that there needs to be a fast leveling from 5-15 just curious? People are forgetting the mission that makes you hit level 6 with that extra 300 exp on blessing. Instead of a written Academy you should get a video of someone explaining how Nin Online works and what that person needs to do from level 1-20. 

5-15 is wack. The leveling should go from 1-20 because that's when 20 arc is. We don't need a level 10 arc. That's just a waste of space imo. It's already fairly easy to hit those levels if you focus on dailies/grinding. What a world we live in where people can't stop crying about hitting Z for a few hours, literally the easiest thing ever. Ancestors die to machine gunners and you guys are like "PLS NO Z"

Early experience should be a priority ( just like it is in every single game ). Complaining about dead dzs & such, when 80% of new players don't get past lvl 10 is kinda pointless. 

Better leveling  >  More players  >  More Pvp 
                                                         >  More Development $  >  More updates

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nik said:

Why do people think that there needs to be a fast leveling from 5-15 just curious? People are forgetting the mission that makes you hit level 6 with that extra 300 exp on blessing. Instead of a written Academy you should get a video of someone explaining how Nin Online works and what that person needs to do from level 1-20. 

5-15 is wack. The leveling should go from 1-20 because that's when 20 arc is. We don't need a level 10 arc. That's just a waste of space imo. It's already fairly easy to hit those levels if you focus on dailies/grinding. What a world we live in where people can't stop crying about hitting Z for a few hours, literally the easiest thing ever. Ancestors die to machine gunners and you guys are like "PLS NO Z"

Its not about fast leveling, its about giving new player guidance, a direction they can follow while experiencing NinOnline for the first time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Erox said:

Its not about fast leveling, its about giving new player guidance, a direction they can follow while experiencing NinOnline for the first time.

Oh. In that case, remove the thousand character text at the beginning and replace it with a video explanation that features a well renowned or a group of renowned players that are able to stay on topic and break down what their first couple days of Nin Online will be like. We live in the world of video tutorials atm therefore text tutorials are seen / viewed as annoying or outdated. 

For reference, I'm talking about the room in the academy that explains everything and you have to press Z a thousand times. Also, for people who aren't new it's amazing to be able to skip the test, but for someone who is new it probably isn't the greatest idea. If the person has played Nin Online before it should register on their IP that they're able to skip the test imo. Then again, what do I know mate? You've done an amazing job leading the Nin Online advancement ever since it was placed in your care and I have full confidence you'll continue to take Nin Online to new heights.

@Erox

New idea: in order to focus on player retention, change the way the punishment system works. How can you expect player retention if all you do is ban them? 

• Boring 1

1 hour ago, Erox said:

Actually just now I met a new player at level 12 and showed him around a bit. In my book, the Takumi Seal Quest can already be considered as a minnie ,,arc" for lower levels and it also makes up for a very interesting quest.

However, there are multiple inconvenienes at early quests (talking about Sand here):

- It is hard to know about available quests even existing to begin with unless other players tell about them or you use sources from outside the game.

- Early quests have bugged or glitched parts, most notably inaccurate camera pans that are supposed to guide a player where to go; but also getting stuck (like in the mist seal mission) which gives a bad first impression.

- Too much information at once inside the academy with no or almost no practical experience to use that on at this point. (example: if you read about chakra stat being able to detect cloaked ninjas, then have the player actually walk around some ,,cloaked" NPCs where this very thing becomes relevant. To get the additional stats, you could get some sort of academy-equipable-item that boosts your int or chakra stat for showcasing their effects, to give just one example.) I am not much of a fan for video-tutorials ingame, but it can still be built-in in a more interesting way than walls of texts.

I would like to suggest having one of the NPCs in your daily mission room tell you about new available missions and where to find them. This NPC would get an ,,I got new stuff for you"-symbol over his head, whenever you can accept new quests.

Additionally I would like to suggest a quest that encourages reaching other Villages, probably starting with Takumi and other villages later.

18 minutes ago, Pogofishmage said:

- Too much information at once inside the academy with no or almost no practical experience to use that on at this point. (example: if you read about chakra stat being able to detect cloaked ninjas, then have the player actually walk around some ,,cloaked" NPCs where this very thing becomes relevant. To get the additional stats, you could get some sort of academy-equipable-item that boosts your int or chakra stat for showcasing their effects, to give just one example.) I am not much of a fan for video-tutorials ingame, but it can still be built-in in a more interesting way than walls of texts.

100% + shameless promo of sum old post i made, even though its marked as "shipped", i heavily think we can add some more stuff from here

I would like to suggest having one of the NPCs in your daily mission room tell you about new available missions and where to find them. This NPC would get an ,,I got new stuff for you"-symbol over his head, whenever you can accept new quests.

Personally, i'm not a fan of heavy guiding in mmos. But i do agree that players rely on the wiki WAY too much because of the lack of in-game information.

I'm 100% in for npcs telling ppl some hints about available quests ( Just mini-questlines, like takumi's ). It'd be a nice way to connect every arc & village, since we lack a proper main story.
ie, after finishing your village's Seals, you talk to a Jonin Npc, and said joining gives you a " Go to Takumi & deliver these seals to Yuu ". This would not only teach the player village locations and how to travel, but it'd also force them to speak with Yuu ( Npc that triggers Takumi seals mission ) .

For regular one-time missions, I kinda like the idea of you randomly bumping on npcs that need ur help. Though a " ! " indicator for missions is pretty needed.

A-beginners-quest-in-World-of-Warcraft_Q

3 hours ago, Nik said:

Oh. In that case, remove the thousand character text at the beginning and replace it with a video explanation that features a well renowned or a group of renowned players that are able to stay on topic and break down what their first couple days of Nin Online will be like. We live in the world of video tutorials atm therefore text tutorials are seen / viewed as annoying or outdated. 

For reference, I'm talking about the room in the academy that explains everything and you have to press Z a thousand times. Also, for people who aren't new it's amazing to be able to skip the test, but for someone who is new it probably isn't the greatest idea. If the person has played Nin Online before it should register on their IP that they're able to skip the test imo. Then again, what do I know mate? You've done an amazing job leading the Nin Online advancement ever since it was placed in your care and I have full confidence you'll continue to take Nin Online to new heights.

@Erox

New idea: in order to focus on player retention, change the way the punishment system works. How can you expect player retention if all you do is ban them? 

Sure pay for it to be animated and done then send it to Rory for approval, as far as skipping the test. it lets the players know that its not ideal to do so if its their first time playing. finally we dont just ban people, we give everyone the same chances before harsher punishments are emplaced.

• Erox locked this topic