Making Lightning Great Again

Benjani

These suggestions are way too overloaded with more cc. The last thing lightning needs is more stuns.

Light senbon - The damage is fine, I think a cool change could be for it to become piercing instead of only damaging a single target.

Light Spear - doesn't need changed, one of lights best jutsus.

Cutter - Fine, exerts so much pressure already despite being super easy to avoid. Step outside of a 1v1 and it's one of the best jutsus in the game.

Feast - Pretty underwhelming when compared to it's run cast counterparts. Adding a few more tiles of range doesn't compare to the value of being able to chase targets or avoid jutsus while casting.

Current - Lightning's best option for a cancel. The base damage is way too low for a higher leveled jutsu. Keeping the Stun/Self stun the same and making it instant cast would be a decent change to give light more options to counter opponents. The other option could be to just give the jutsu some more damage.

Pillars - This jutsu is fine, can be game changing outside of 1v1.

Lightning in it's current state is something most players avoid choosing at level 10. The grind is tough, the jutsu levels are in weird positions which delays players from gaining new jutsu. Piercing light senbon could help the grind, but it's still in a weird spot. Overall, lightning is fine when you don't focus your balance around 1v1 spars near a spawn point and actually look at it in open world pvp fights. Could still use some minor tweaks to bring it up to par with the other masteries in game.

• Like 2

There are many masteries in this game that were made for the sole purpose of support and crowd control. If you wish to be specialized in 1v1, then you should pick a 1v1 mastery class such as Tai/WM. Masteries such as Water or Lightning are more for additional support, stuns, and crowd control. 

Not every mastery has to be the similar, otherwise it would ruin the uniqueness of each class. Lightning just so happens to be one of the harder masteries to play, because it actually requires skill, precision, and timing. But what's great about Lightning is that it has a fair balance in Risk/Reward. You can get countered if your opponent anticipates your attack which will leave you vulnerable. However if you know what you're doing, you could make Lightning work incredibly well in both 1v1 and team fights.

Just a personal opinion, but I'd much rather pick a unique mastery combination/build that's unpopular to others so I could keep myself separated from the rest of the meta pack. No one is forcing anybody to stick to a certain mastery. But if winning every 1v1 is all that matters to you, then by all means go make a Tai/Med and cheese the game.

• Like 3

Once again it...Stop trying to get masteries buffed if they are weak. Instead you all should be trying to find ways to balance out the other masteries to where they are on par or dam near to the state that lightning/fire/water is in. 

Next most of the buff post on lightning from what I'm seeing are coming from new players which to clear things up Light is not for the noobly and takes good combat experience and training with the mastery.

Old players that cry for a buff we get it you been with lightning through thick and thin....Yet you still are trying to get it buffed because you play it. Refer to my Main statement at the top in this case....nerf the other masteries and stop trying to buff everything. When balancing a game you're to balance around your weakest/balanced class/mastery in this case would be lightning/water/fire not around the over powered things.

• Like 1